Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The answer to 7 is 2

Originally posted by Lei Liko View Post
    So I just dl-ed 2.0 and am already having trouble with my tabbed browsing. I can get the tabs to open, and the first tab to load, but when I click on the 2nd one and type in the URL, the page opens in the first tab.

If anyone can help, that'd be wonderful. I hate having so many windows up.
    I got what you got on my desktop (my laptop is always the good computer anyway). I noticed that I didn't close the firefox browser in my regular user account after I switched to my admin account to install the browser, so I'll do uninstall and reboot and retry again.
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Originally posted by doc1456 View Post
      I got what you got on my desktop (my laptop is always the good computer anyway). I noticed that I didn't close the firefox browser in my regular user account after I switched to my admin account to install the browser, so I'll do uninstall and reboot and retry again.
      I got rid of 2.0 and installed the version I had before. I went to the FF technical help site and saw that the tabbing bug was reported many times already today.

Hopefully they'll get that bug fixed...then I'll go ahead and re-install 2.0.
      Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
      We're not here to mess around
      Boston, you know we love you madly
      Hear the crowd roar to your sound
      Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
      You know we couldn't live without you
      Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

I got rid of 2.0 and installed the version I had before. I went to the FF technical help site and saw that the tabbing bug was reported many times already today.

Hopefully they'll get that bug fixed...then I'll go ahead and re-install 2.0.
        I just reinstalled FF2 and it worked perfectly (then again, I also cleaned my registry and other things, but I doubt that'd make a difference.)

Comment

My best advise is start a new profile/clean install when you upgrade. In my
          case I used my 1.5.07 profile with 2.0RC2. That eliminated a lot of headaches
          when I ultimately installed the 2.0 Final Release. As I was able to weed out
          extensions that did not work etc.

As for tabbed browsing, no problems here. But I use Tab Mix Plus. It automatically opens
          new tabs whenever I open a new bookmark. If you want it to work with
          2.0 you need to d/l the dev-build version here
          Check out my blog on Kona issues :
          The Kona Blog

Comment

Hey Aaron I got your email....thanks for the advice!

I'm gonna do a clean install in a bit and hopefully it'll work. Thanks again!

Originally posted by Konaguy View Post
            My best advise is start a new profile/clean install when you upgrade. In my
            case I used my 1.5.07 profile with 2.0RC2. That eliminated a lot of headaches
            when I ultimately installed the 2.0 Final Release. As I was able to weed out
            extensions that did not work etc.

As for tabbed browsing, no problems here. But I use Tab Mix Plus. It automatically opens
            new tabs whenever I open a new bookmark. If you want it to work with
            2.0 you need to d/l the dev-build version here
            Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
            We're not here to mess around
            Boston, you know we love you madly
            Hear the crowd roar to your sound
            Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
            You know we couldn't live without you
            Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Hey Aaron I got your email....thanks for the advice!

I'm gonna do a clean install in a bit and hopefully it'll work. Thanks again!
              I'd highly suggest you try that extension also. It may solve your tabbed
              browsing issues too
              The Kona Blog

Comment

My question is how fast is FF? I tried it back at 1.0. Slooooooow to start up. Ended up going back to IE.

Comment

Originally posted by GeckoGeek View Post
                  My question is how fast is FF? I tried it back at 1.0. Slooooooow to start up. Ended up going back to IE.
                  Its kinda fast, but not as fast as Opera.

Opera > FF2 > IE7

Comment

Originally posted by doc1456 View Post
                    Opera > FF2 > IE7
                    Personally, I think Firefox is way better than Opera. From my experience, there are more sites that are compatible to Firefox than Opera. For example, when I go to the scoreboard on espn.com and try to click on the boxscore on a game in progress, in Opera it doesn't work. It only works on games that are completed. No idea why.

The only reason I'm forced to use Opera on my computer at home is because for some reason, Firefox just quit working. When I click on it to open, the browser opens, then just shows a total white screen. And the CPU Usage immediately jacks up to 100%, and I can see the Memory Usage start increasing in the firefox process too.

Anyone else get that before in Firefox, and know how to deal with it? Damn, I miss using Firefox.

Comment

Originally posted by Marco View Post
                      Personally, I think Firefox is way better than Opera. From my experience, there are more sites that are compatible to Firefox than Opera. For example, when I go to the scoreboard on espn.com and try to click on the boxscore on a game in progress, in Opera it doesn't work. It only works on games that are completed. No idea why.

The only reason I'm forced to use Opera on my computer at home is because for some reason, Firefox just quit working. When I click on it to open, the browser opens, then just shows a total white screen. And the CPU Usage immediately jacks up to 100%, and I can see the Memory Usage start increasing in the firefox process too.

Anyone else get that before in Firefox, and know how to deal with it? Damn, I miss using Firefox.
                      It could be a conflict with your video card. But to be sure I'd re-install with
                      a fresh profile and see if that helps.
                      The Kona Blog

Comment

Re: Fans of Firefox

I installed Firefox 2.0 on my Macbook Pro last night and immediately had problems. The damn thing hung for no apparent reason several times in a row. I may not have been drumming my fingers staring at the Windows XP hourglass any more, but I was getting pretty sick of the OS X spinning beachball. After several forced quits, I gave up, deleted the app, and went back to Firefox 1.5.0.7. Maybe I'll wait for version 2.1.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
                          I installed Firefox 2.0 on my Macbook Pro last night and immediately had problems. The damn thing hung for no apparent reason several times in a row. I may not have been drumming my fingers staring at the Windows XP hourglass any more, but I was getting pretty sick of the OS X spinning beachball. After several forced quits, I gave up, deleted the app, and went back to Firefox 1.5.0.7. Maybe I'll wait for version 2.1.
                          Did you do a clean install with a new profile ?
                          The Kona Blog

Comment

Wow. I'm intrigued by the number of problems reported with 2.0, given how long this thing was in development and how stable it seemed in the last few release candidates. I've not made the jump yet, and may indeed wait. After all, the only intriguing part of the update for me was the tweaks made to how it handles feeds, and now I don't think I neccessarily need that stuff integrated in my browser anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
                              Wow. I'm intrigued by the number of problems reported with 2.0,

Well it is indeed strange. As I haven't had any problems with FF 2.0.(Windows XP Home, 1GB RAM)But I was proactive and upgraded when FF 2.0RC1 was released. I used my 1.5.07 profile, thus I was able to fix any extension/theme issues during the RC stage. So when 2.0 final rolled around, it was a seamless installation.

Thank goodness for Mr. Tech Local Install. As I was able to make extensions that would not work 2.0 work.

That being said, my recommendation is do a clean install when installing FF 2.0. Yeah I know, I didn't follow my advise. But I had 24 extensions, I didn't want to re-install all of them.
                              The Kona Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Konaguy View Post
                                Did you do a clean install with a new profile ?
                                No, I installed over my existing setup. That's what most people do, and that's what I expect that the Mozilla guys should have anticipated would usually happen. I'm a little disappointed, but not turned off. Firefox is still my browser of choice.

Comment

Working...
                                X