Who bought an iPhone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Who bought an iPhone?

4 gig iPhones are now $299 while supplies last. Go for it!
    Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

And so, off she went to Kahala Mall where the ever efficient Apple Store Saleswoman Barbara discussed the "end of life" for the 4G, easily pursuading the credit card from the shopper's wallet, for the 8G iPhone model. The seduction complete, I NOW HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL I GET HOME TO PLAY WITH IT!!!!!! oh yeah, uh-huh, oh yeah, yeah, yeah. (Dori in Finding Nemo when she assumes a shark is not going to bite her ssa for dinner)
      Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal View Post
        And so, off she went to Kahala Mall where the ever efficient Apple Store Saleswoman Barbara discussed the "end of life" for the 4G, easily pursuading the credit card from the shopper's wallet, for the 8G iPhone model. The seduction complete, I NOW HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL I GET HOME TO PLAY WITH IT!!!!!! oh yeah, uh-huh, oh yeah, yeah, yeah. (Dori in Finding Nemo when she assumes a shark is not going to bite her ssa for dinner)
        Whee! Welcome to the club! You won't regret.

Comment

A generous offerto the first generation iPhone owners. Classy move, they really didn't have too. Most Apple-anything owners are loyal, congratulations to you all!
          ___
          "Be god to each other."

Comment

Originally posted by InfinityProductions View Post
            A generous offerto the first generation iPhone owners. Classy move, they really didn't have too. Most Apple-anything owners are loyal, congratulations to you all!
            Generous offer my left butt cheek! It's more like "Oh (expletive). we pissed of a whole lot of our *loyal* customers. We better do something to try to redeem ourselves."

...least that's how I look at it If i were one of those who bought one, I'd most certainly have been REAL PO'ed.
            -kp!

Comment

I was one of those folks who paid $600 two months ago, and frankly I think the outcry is ridiculous. I'm not half as annoted at the $200 early adopter tax as I am at my friends who are now going out of their way to wag their fingers at me about it!

I grant it's a steeper cut in a shorter amount of time, but as The Steve himself explains in his letter, it comes with the territory. Especially in the mobile phone industry. Remember the Razr? Used to be premium priced, now you get two free with your latte.

So I think it's a generous gesture and I sure look forward to spending my Apple Store credit. But this is an odd precedent. Especially since there were mechanisms in place for iPhones or any other product for when you buy within a few days of a new release. Just how much leeway is Apple going to give folks?

Comment

Nah, I paid $700 for mine off Craigslist when initial stocks were sold out.

You couldn't make me give it back, even though I didn't need it. I don't regret for one minute buying the thing, though others have pointed out that I could have bought a medium-sized HD LCD TV set for the money. True, true.

I regard this gesture as a) Apple admitting a faux pas (extremely rare!) and b) a very nice gesture which I accept gratefully.

I'll use my $100 toward Mac OS X Leopard (10.5) due out very soon!

Comment

Originally posted by zztype View Post
                  Nah, I paid $700 for mine off Craigslist when initial stocks were sold out.

You couldn't make me give it back, even though I didn't need it. I don't regret for one minute buying the thing, though others have pointed out that I could have bought a medium-sized HD LCD TV set for the money. True, true.

I regard this gesture as a) Apple admitting a faux pas (extremely rare!) and b) a very nice gesture which I accept gratefully.

I'll use my $100 toward Mac OS X Leopard (10.5) due out very soon!
                  Unless the seller you bought it from on Craigslist gave you a receipt for it in which he/she originally paid CASH for it from said retailers, you possibly may not qualify on getting that $100 Apple credit.

As Uncle Steve stated exactly in writing...

we have decided to offer every iPhone customer who purchased an iPhone from either Apple or AT&T, and who is not receiving a rebate or any other consideration, a $100 store credit towards the purchase of any product at an Apple Retail Store or the Apple Online Store
                  Hopefully you DO qualify, but you might wanna' look at the fine print on that.
                  sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by zztype View Post
                    Whee! Welcome to the club! You won't regret.
                    I definitely need the tutoring sessions. I had no idea I had ten left thumbs!
                    Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Well I hate to tell you so but...OH WELL. Apple does this ALL THE TIME with the products they sell. It comes to me as no surprize that the newer iPhone will be the Bionic version of it's initial offering. And cheaper to boot!

I was a bit taken back at how soon it happened though. Some iPhone users still haven't mastered it and here comes it's successor and it's not even Christmas yet! Can you imagine this holiday season? It's still farther out than the time difference between this recent announcement and the iPhone's debut.

One thing for sure though, whatever the next model out will be, it'll smoke anything out there conceivable. And probably for under $200, or free with two boxtops from Captain Crunch cereal
                      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
                        Unless the seller you bought it from on Craigslist gave you a receipt for it in which he/she originally paid CASH for it from said retailers, you possibly may not qualify on getting that $100 Apple credit.

As Uncle Steve stated exactly in writing...

Hopefully you DO qualify, but you might wanna' look at the fine print on that.
                        No worries, I got paper.

Blaine

Comment

Any of you guys with iPhones wanna PM me so I can figure out what I'm doing wrong about my RR mail? I was getting it for a while, I did something, it stopped loading to my iPhone, but I never could send out...I know there must be something I can do. If anyone can help, please PM me?!! Mahalo!
                          Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Apparently a lot of people bought iPhones...

Apple sells 1 millionth iPhone

Apple Inc. sold its millionth iPhone over the weekend, days after it slashed the price by a third to spur sales.

The milestone was reached weeks earlier than expected and sent shares of Apple up $4.94, or 3.8 percent, to $136.71. The stock regained some of the ground it lost after the price cut spooked investors as a sign of weak demand and slimmer margins.

It took just 74 days for the combination cell phone-iPod to hit the 1 million mark, which Apple had said it would achieve by the end of September. By comparison, it took two years for the company to sell 1 million iPods, Apple CEO Steve Jobs noted in a statement.
                            I'm curious how many people paid cash vs. running up their credit card to buy it. "What the hell... I WANT IT!"
                            sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                              Well I hate to tell you so but...OH WELL. Apple does this ALL THE TIME with the products they sell. It comes to me as no surprize that the newer iPhone will be the Bionic version of it's initial offering. And cheaper to boot!
                              That's not fair, it's not only a Apple thing. it's Apple along with every other tech company. That's how a tech business continues to make money. coming out with better products that are cheaper than it's predecessor. Damn Apple!! for coming out with better cheaper products!!!

I just bought a 50" Sony HDTV 720p, 1 month later they had the 1080p version come out and my tv dropped by $500.

if you play that game in tech you'll never own anything, cause the newer, better, faster, stronger, cheaper version is right around the corner.
                              website - http://www.brianhancock.com
                              blog - http://blog.brianhancock.com

Comment

Originally posted by LocalMotion View Post
                                [...]if you play that game in tech you'll never own anything, cause the newer, better, faster, stronger, cheaper version is right around the corner.
                                So true! However, I'm one of the holdouts who won't buy a first version anything. AAMOF, it took me so long to give up cassette tapes that I skipped CDs entirely and went directly to downloading MP3s!

True story!

Comment

Working...
                                X