Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Who bought an iPhone?

Originally posted by Serenity View Post
    GAWD!!. I hope so, for other people's sake who bought iPhones.

300 page iPhone bills to disappear!
    website - http://www.brianhancock.com
    blog - http://blog.brianhancock.com

Comment

Ha! Check this out...

N.J. Teen Unlocks Apple's iPhone

NEW YORK — Friday was not a good day for AT&T Wireless.

Best documented was a hack by George Hotz, 17, of Glen Rock, N.J.

With a little soldering, a lot of command-line computing and about two hours of time, Hotz was able to switch an iPhone over to T-Mobile, which he documented in detail in a YouTube video and on his blog.

Three separate hacks that fully unlock the Apple iPhone from AT&T surfaced, two of them claiming to be software-only.

The iPhone runs on GSM networks, which only T-Mobile and AT&T Wireless run in the U.S. Sprint and Verizon Wireless use the incompatible CDMA standard.
      This might make the currently available iPhones more valuable, as they note Apple could redesign future ones so this hack doesn't work.

I can just see it on eBay now..

iPhone 8GB "Hacked" T-Mobile version

sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Is this for real? The current bid on that guy's originally-hacked T-Mobile iPhone on eBay is currently at $99,999,999.00!!! Is someone actually going to pay that? And the auction doesn't end until August 31!

The seller says "Soon, you will be able to buy unlocked iPhones everywhere, in fact probably before this auction ends. But this is the one that started it all. The one unlocked while the steps were posted live on the blog. This isn't just an unlocked iPhone, this is a piece of history."

Whoah, scade!
        sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

No. Those are most certainly hoax bids. Auctions like that last a day, usually, tops. The mainstream press attention makes it impossible to keep the jokers away.

I don't even understand what the appeal of an "unlocked" iPhone is on another carrier. A lot of the stuff that the iPhone does, as a phone, is special, and custom built to AT&T's infrastructure (including "visual voicemail"). The "phone" in your iPhone might as well be a free Razr if you're going to latch onto another carrier.

Fact of the matter is, every mobile carrier has people who hate it with every fiber of their being. If the iPhone were exclusively on Sprint, T-Mobile, whatever, people would be just as cranky about it (unless, of course, it was their carrier). All cellular phone companies suck. Ergo, it's irrelevant. It's the Apple part of the iPhone that makes it all worthwhile.

Comment

Originally posted by LocalMotion View Post
            ....And here you go:

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fusea...deoid=15825634

"AT&T free msg: We are simplifying your paper bill. " To view all details go to att.com/mywireless. Still need full paper bill? call 611."
            http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fusea...deoid=16493311

....And I sincerely hope that is true for all AT&T/iPhone users.

Oh,BTW, you'll definately will never see me switch (to AT&T), I'll wait for TMobile (if I have to) if I ever want an iphone!!.
            Aches & Pains
            (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

iPhone goes kaboom when it was unlocked

We were so happy, all the software part was done, so we started opening the iphone. The antenna cover was a bit tricky but eventually it came off. Then we started to open the metal cover (after taking out the 3 screws) and PUFF, up it went in smoke, I think my collegue must have touched something. It literally went up in black smoke. I was so hot that when I tried to pick it up I burnt my fingers. So, this is for shure the most difficult part of the whole process. I don't know what he did, as I had just stepped out of the room to fetch something when I heard a scream...they got such a fright. I will post a photo of the iphone... To everybody out there, be carefull....
              click for image
              How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

I am in the market for a smart phone and so yesterday we checked out the apple store at Kahala Mall where I was seduced by the iPhone. Oh baby! So we told the charming sales guy, Jeff, that I wanted to sleep on it. This morning I wake up to this and now will wait a few days. Anyone care to speculate? What is apple up to?!!
                Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Each time I see this thread in the 'latest' section, I consider running down to the Apple store and blowing a wad of money, but I remember that I have a family to support...and some luxuries just have to wait (for a few more months, maybe...sooner, ). But, after readin the article LavaGal linked, I'm excited if it'll be an iPhone Nano!

I'm confident that Apple won't disappoint.

I was thinking of starting a thread, "What YEARNS for the iPhone?"

But, if not the iPhone which other smart phone is recommended?
                  ___
                  "Be god to each other."

Comment

I'm beginning to think that Apple's iPhone and Hawaii are inexorably linked. One of the latest television ads shows the iPhone being used to plan a Maui vacation!

I mean, remember back in January, when Steve Jobs first announced and demonstrated the iPhone? He used it to send a photo of Hawaii to a coworker!

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
                      I'm beginning to think that Apple's iPhone and Hawaii are inexorably linked.
                      remember: Hawaii is paradise to people.
                      How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Fact of the matter is, every mobile carrier has people who hate it with every fiber of their being. If the iPhone were exclusively on Sprint, T-Mobile, whatever, people would be just as cranky about it (unless, of course, it was their carrier). All cellular phone companies suck.
                        We've been trying to dump AT&T as our long-distance carrier for three months now. They tell us we're "not allowed" to do that.

"Do you think I am lying, sir?" indignantly yelled the tech rep with the Hindi accent, going by the name "Steve Roberts."
                        Burl Burlingame
                        "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
                        honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

Originally posted by buzz1941 View Post
                          We've been trying to dump AT&T as our long-distance carrier for three months now.
                          My guess is it's some kind of anti-slamming thing. Your account is "locked" and it may take a written letter to affect the change.

Comment

Originally posted by adrian View Post
                            remember: Hawaii is paradise to people.
                            And the day that's no longer true is the day our economy goes into the dumpster.

Comment

I'm beginning to think that Apple's iPhone and Hawaii are inexorably linked. One of the latest television ads shows the iPhone being used to plan a Maui vacation!
                              I thought this was produced for local broadcast - or at least semi local, like west coast to Hawaii. But when I got to NY the same ad came on.

Comment

If you haven't picked up an iPhone, but were on the verge, Apple cut the price of the 8GB iPhone by $200 to $399. That's over 30 percent off the $599 price paid by early adopter fanboys like me in June! D'oh.

They discontinued the 4GB entirely.

This was announced as part of the unveiling of the iPod Touch, which is the iPhone minus the phone part, priced at $299 for 4GB. More on that here.

Comment

Working...
                                X