Anyone who works in the IT field?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anyone who works in the IT field?

Hmmm I'd think an IT professional must have at least one XP hack under his belt and be able to survive soley on Hot Pockets and Full Throttle.
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Craig,

I've worked in IT for 11 years and now own my own business (we produce a non-tech product, but use a TON of technology to do it---from e-commerce sites that are web 2.0d, and deep production management systems, and MIS systems). Before I quit my job to start my company I was in charge of e-commerce for a fortune 100. Would be happy to help in any way I can.

Comment

I'm on the mainland and support IT departments as a technical writer and I've been out of work for 3 months. So many companies are offshoring their IT to India and the Philippines and I'm lucky to find a 3-month consulting job and they never budget enough time to get the manuals done. I'm trying to find a full-time job and haven't lucked into any since 9/11.

It's getting very difficult.

I just saw on the news that the whole workforce seems to be shifting to service (which pays crap) and health care. Maybe I should send some resumes to IT departments in hospitals!!

The whole job market is very frustrating. I think they should tax all the companies that offshore their IT, tech support and customer support so heavily that these companies have to bring the work back here. Plus, I'm tired of dealing with rude Indians who I can't understand. Had one on the phone last night. Grrrrrr!!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X