Amazon.com Sells DRM Free Music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amazon.com Sells DRM Free Music

Amazon.com opened their new music download store this week. They are selling MP3 formatted digital music files for 89¢ or 99¢ each. Best news about the new service is that there are no digital rights management (DRM) restrictions built into the files you buy from them.

The MP3 files are compatible with all hardware that supports MP3 including the iPod, Zune and devices from other manufacturers. I think this is cool.

Needless to say, I bought 2 songs tonight just to test it out. I don't hear much of a difference between the 2 songs I bought from them and other titles that I bought from iTunes or ripped from my CDs.

Buying was simple enough for me since I am already a registered Amazon.com customer. I selected the songs I wanted from lists that I searched for and downloaded them directly from their website to my Mac's desktop. Importing the song into iTunes was as seamless as any other song that I get from a source other than iTunes Music Store.

Amazon.com also offers client software for both Mac and Windows to help you with your purchases and automatically load your purchased music to iTunes.

With my 2 purchased songs now in iTunes, they will just sync to my iPods like all the other music I own. Nice.

More info and links:
    Last edited by mel; September 26, 2007, 10:22 PM. Reason: fix typos
    I'm still here. Are you?

Re: Amazon.com Sells DRM Free Music

Cool, yah, Mel? I intend to try it out this week, too.

I have no beefs with Apple's system, but want to give this one a try, too.

Can't hurt.

Blaine
    Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

Working...
    X