Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bush v. Kerry in Hawaii

Originally posted by Linkmeister
    What cabinet position do you think she's qualified for? Not to denigrate her (much), but I can't think of a single one. Labor? EPA? Nah.
    Maybe Dept. of the Interior. She can claim some experience with indigenous peoples (the kanaka maoli) and the bureaucracy that runs it (OHA).

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Governor Lingle intends to serve her full term and run for re-election in 2006.

From the Honolulu Star-Bulletin:

Lingle would turn down potential Cabinet post

At a Thursday news conference announcing a campaign visit tomorrow by Vice President Dick Cheney to Hawaii, Lingle was asked whether she would accept a national post.

"No, I wouldn't," she said.

"People honored us by giving us this opportunity, and we're going to fulfill it," she said. "We have a lot of important issues that we're involved with," she said, including continuing to turn around the economy, increasing public safety and reforming education.
      I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by mel
        Governor Lingle intends to serve her full term and run for re-election in 2006.

That is very encouraging news.She currently has my vote if she runs again in 2006.
        Check out my blog on Kona issues :
        The Kona Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron S
          That is very encouraging news.She currently has my vote if she runs again in 2006.
          I am curious why do you think she deserves re-election? I'm 100% Democrat, but to be honest I cant think of anything bad or good to say about her at this mid-term point.

KalihiBoy

Comment

Re: Lingle to go to Bush's cabinet?

Though you wouldn't know it (given that I've been crammed into Mel's "liberal haven" pigeonhole), even though I reliably lean Democrat I voted for Lingle and, so far, would do so again. I could do without the Bush stumping and the implied - if not implemented - Republican stance on some issues, but as a governor and as a check on a heavily Democratic legislature, she gets good marks from me.

With all the D.C. hobnobbing she's done lately, I can see where Miulang gets her suspicions. And given that the question was asked, it's not an off-the-wall theory.

I am glad, however, that Lingle is now on record saying she'll stay on the job and do the work that needs to be done. Hawaii has had more than its share of mid-term political job-hopping, and it's benefited no one but politicians. Whatever happens tomorrow, nationally and locally, I think I'll feel mostly relief that Lingle - and public servants in general - can stop posturing and preening and get back to work.

Comment

Re: Lingle to go to Bush's cabinet?

Anyone catch Linda Lingle and Triumph from the Conan O'Brian show a few weeks back? Lingle was in top form praising Bush and the GOP and not letting Triumph get to her so to speak:

http://www.gruntle.org/insub/files/m..._spinalley.mov

KalihiBoy

Comment

Working...
              X