No announcement yet.

Increased political recorded messages?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Increased political recorded messages?

The Star-Bulletin today has a good overview of the boom in automated campaign telemarketing.
    Both [Jennifer] Sabas and [Brennon] Morioka agree that political telemarketing, also called "robocalling," is somewhat effective and very cheap. Sabas put the cost at less than 15 cent a call, while Morioka calculated to cost around 5.5 to 7.5 cents per call. "So far the response has been very positive," reports Morioka, adding that "it has become a quick and effective way to get out a fast message."

Comment

I just got one from General Wes Clark. I'll take him over Giuliani anyday.
      http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

I had two from Wes Clark on Sunday.

In any event I will be glad when Tuesday is finally over, no more of these calls.

Comment

I don't know what lists I'm on, but I've gotten a couple for Blake Oshiro (House District 33...my Rep.), and today I got one from Senator McCain for Jerry Coffee (running against Oshiro) and...(drumroll, please...)

One from George W. Bush himself tonight!

Comment

I got from Maui which was plugging the democtrats and the one from Bush himself. Well at least it's was equal time but I had to laugh at the end of Bush's one that said:

Paid for Bush-Chency 04, Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by helen
              I got from Maui which was plugging the democtrats and the one from Bush himself. Well at least it's was equal time but I had to laugh at the end of Bush's one that said:

Paid for Bush-Chency 04, Inc.
              Yeah, INC was a bit of a surprise, huh?

Comment

So far tonight, four calls in a two-hour period, including the Bush ad. Had my kids not been in the room, my wife would've railed back at the recording with language that would've made a sailor blush.

Comment

Two calls this evening, one from George W Bush, and one from "your friend Rob from the union". I hung up on both.

Comment

Alright! I just got the best one of all...Bill Clinton! It was even personalized (state-ized?), asking me to vote Democratic in Hawai'i. My mother is turning green with envy.

Comment

They haven't quit. I just found the Gubernator on my answering machine, calling to "buck me up" to go vote for Bush.

Comment

Yeah I hung up on Arnold. Sorry but it's a moot point, I already voted!!!

Comment

I just got a Bush-Cheney recorded call imporing me to go to the polls before they close. But... they've been closed for 12 minutes already. Who's scheduling these calls anyway?

Comment

I know what you mean. We got a robocall at 6:10 p.m. To be fair, I think the poll location we went to was still open, but still... by this point, you'd think everyone would've pulled the plug and hoped for the best.

Comment

Actually I got a live person this afternoon, even claiming to talk to someone else first, then correctly herself and asked for me by name to go to vote for somebody (I think it was Kerry)

I told her it was moot point, I had already voted.

Comment

Working...
                              X