No announcement yet.

Uh-Oh! I think I just met Aunty Pupule!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Uh-Oh! I think I just met Aunty Pupule!

Aloha,

If you live or know anyone who lives in my District, and would kindly let me put up one of my Signs, I will appreciate it very much.

If you are interested in sign waving, I need your help too.

Eh...I need help in making a Fund Raiser.

Actually, I'm going cook my Famous Beef Stew. Working on a place to hold the function.

Please call me at 847-2221.

Komo mai, No be shy.

I not going bite you.

Love and ALOHA,

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Three weeks ago, Management told me I had to take down my
      "Obama" and "Abercrombie" Signs from my front door.
      It was against the Policy of Hawaii Housing. I told Mr. Jacobs,
      I've been putting up signs for the past twelve years for every
      candidate I've supported. Nobody from Management asked
      me to take any down.

On Pua Lane, a tenant put a banner up which is against the
      Rules and Regulations too. I went to Management and told Al
      I will put out my signs again.

On Thursday at the Lanikila Political Fair, I spoke to Rep. Karl Rhoads,
      Sen. Trimble and Candidate, Shane Yaw. The conversation was about
      canvassing in Hawaii Public Housing. As a resident, I told them it was
      against the Rules and Regulations which I have to honor and respect or
      I will face consequences from Management. They will canvass.

Yesterday, I took a stand.

I put back my signs.

Freedom of Speech is Grand!!

My son fights for Freedom. I will not be silenced of who I support especially, where I live.

Love and ALOHA,

Auntie Lynn Vasquez-Dela Cerna

btw: I displayed my bumbucha campaign sign by my door too!

Comment

Update on my Campaign.

Someone tagged one of my bumbucha signs by Kaiser.

Good news. Peter Boylan's article "Rail spur, housing, crime at heart of District 7 contest" http://bit.ly/pupule

"Differing opinions on the city's proposed $3.7 billion commuter rail project and concerns about public safety are fueling the debate in the City Council District 7 race, in which two challengers are vying to unseat incumbent Romy M. Cachola.

Lynn Vasquez-Dela Cerna, a Kalihi/Palama neighborhood board member, and Lillian Lai-Lam Wang Hong, a jewelry store owner, are running against Cachola, 70, who has represented the district for eight years after 16 years in the state House of Representatives."

Love and ALOHA,

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Homelessness.

Aala Park.

I saw a woman in a wheelchair. I recognized her as the same woman who used to hang around the park by Hawai`i Theater. As before, her belongings are accumulating.

I went back there to talk to her. Flies everywhere. A soiled adult diaper right in front of me. Dirty plastic dishes and utensils. Pilau clothes, blankets, pillows, etc. Shopping Carts filled with rubbish. Filth beyond filth.

"Do you want to go to IHS?" I asked her. "NO!" She flatly refused.

I told her about being clean especially cause she was a WOMAN. She grumbled because another lady doesn't help her enough. I told her about agencies and social workers who can assist her. She said she didn't need them. Then I looked at her legs....they were purplish and swollen.

How can I help someone who don't want to be helped?

I told her I would come back tomorrow and throw the rubbish away whether she liked it or not. It is unsanitary. She smiled and wheeled herself away.

Auntie Lynn
          Attached Files

Comment

sometimes there aren't ways to help people that don't want help. you ARE helping others though by going back tomorrow to throw away all the rubbish. you are right about it being unsanitary.

on today's morning news (khon) they reported about another rare superbug called VISA which is staph and has been contracted by at least two people in hawai'i. there's also MRSA another strain of staph, "hawai'i has the highest rate of MRSA infections in the nation. the state's homeless population is especially susceptible to staph because of poor hygiene." http://www.khon2.com/news/local/27417424.html
            "chaos reigns within.
            reflect, repent and reboot.
            order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Comment

Hhmmm. Maybe one way to help people that don't want to be helped is to do the things that you can to improve their situation, that they don't want to, or can't do (like removing the trash). That's really thoughtful of you , Auntie. Maybe bring her a clean blanket or pillow, and toss out one of the old ones? Or a clean old shirt? Flashlight? Paper towels or baby wipes? I dunno, I have hardly seen any homeless since I left LA, but from what I remember, they always used to yell at me when I tried to help them. Unless they were sleeping. Then I could sneak up and set some food next to them.

Are there community doctors that go around to the homeless here? Maybe you could alert someone to take a look at her legs.

Staph is very serious. It has been on a rampage for the past 3 years in LA. Its really bad! I hope this is something that can be stopped from spreading here!
              ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

scary situation if you get MRSA or VISA because they have become resistant to antibiotics. tutusue mentioned in another thread that a friend of hers recouped from MRSA. that's one lucky person!
                "chaos reigns within.
                order shall return."

Comment

I'm having a hard time sleeping.

Just thinking about her out there with her swollen legs and feet.

As for throwing her things away without her approval, I have to be careful. I can be arrested. It may be rubbish to me, it's precious to her...it's all she's got. I contacted my Chairperson, Bernie Young. We contacted Major Saito of District I. My intentions are for her to get the help she needs. The area is plague with germs and needs to be sanitized with strong detergents. Children play at the Jungle Gym in Aala Park. The thought of Staph or other dangerous infectious diseases spreading at Aala makes me tremble. We must prevent it from happening.

I will let you know what happens tomorrow.

Love and ALOHA,

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Good morning.

Don't want to start a new thread....

has nothing to do with my campaign.

Two-headed boy born in Bangladesh
                    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...angladesh.html

"The boy, named Kiron and weighing 12 lbs 1 oz, was born by Cesarean section on Monday at a clinic in Keshobpur, 85 miles from the capital, Dhaka."

Wow!!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by kani-lehua View Post
                      [...]"hawai'i has the highest rate of MRSA infections in the nation. the state's homeless population is especially susceptible to staph because of poor hygiene." http://www.khon2.com/news/local/27417424.html
                      scary situation if you get MRSA or VISA because they have become resistant to antibiotics. tutusue mentioned in another thread that a friend of hers recouped from MRSA. that's one lucky person!
                      I was talking to my doc at the Waianae Coast Comp. Health Center a couple of days ago. She was telling me how prevalent MRSA is along the Waianae Coast; that there is so much staph in the ocean. She's sees a lot of MRSA patients and recently lost one. That gives a whole, new meaning to going for a swim. When I was a kid the ocean was reknown for it's healing qualities.

The homeless population has grown along that coast. Tents are packed together like sardines in a can. That, coupled with the ocean breeding ground for staph, is very, very scary.

Dr. Lisa gave me a lesson in caring for any "dings" we might get in the course of our day to day lives...a little scratch here; a little cut there. These dings need to be treated immediately. She also gave me a prescription for a sulpha based cream (not ointment; ointments contain vaseline and don't allow an owie to breath) to keep in my purse.

As Kani mentioned, a good friend of mine contracted MRSA a couple of weeks ago...how, no one knows. After the failure of 3 antibiotics, he was given an experimental antibiotic which worked. He was hospitalized for 4 days. His docs told him had he waited one more day to seek help he wouldn't have survived. This is a big, strapping, healthy, 36 year old male. And let's not forget that Kiwidiva and I lost a friend, Rhonda, to MRSA last Sept.

MRSA and VISA are very scary, folks. Take care of all your owies! I now return you to the topic at hand!

Comment

tutusue and kiwidiwa: i'm glad to hear that your friend made it to the doc's office in the nick of time. also, sorry to hear about the loss of your other friend from such a scary bug! be careful out there. yeah, i always thought of the ocean as healing everything. now we know that those bugs are lurking everywhere.

auntie, i think you did the right thing by calling major saito. i just hope that the city will not delay their response to the situation.
                        "chaos reigns within.
                        order shall return."

Comment

auntie, i think you did the right thing by calling major saito. i just hope that the city will not delay their response to the situation.
                          Major Saito is compassionate. I know him many years from MAMA's businesses. I don't want the woman to get arrested. The last time they intervened, they made her go to Waimanalo to be with Ohana. She stayed two months. Returned by KauKau Wagon Park (I refuse to call it by any other name) then moved to her current place at Aala Park.

The Homeless is a community who protects it's own. Various stables or clicks for every area. In one block, there can be five clicks (groups). You can live and die by the street. It's worse if you are a woman. No chance, if you are elderly, disabled, and with mental illness.

Unfortunately, this woman has all three.

I could not sleep well last night...I am feeling grouchy today. I dunno what I'm going to do yet. But I know I have to do something. I'll bring a pillow and a blanket. Some clothes. I'll talk to her. Maybe she let me throw some items away. Yes, I'll bring some rubber gloves to handle the opala.

Love and ALOHA,

Auntie Lynn

Comment

I have requested C&C (Claire) to have the area scrubbed down. She also advised me to call Dept of Health.

Update: 1:26 p.m.

Meera of Dept. of Health called.

"No one can get infected unless they touch her." She told me.

Duh! I know that. To prevent the spread of infection, the logical thing is to cure it.

But no one can "force" anyone to see a doctor.

Den again, what if the infected is a danger to the Public?

I tried.

Auntie Lynn
                            Last edited by 1stwahine; August 27, 2008, 01:31 PM.

Comment

while that may be true, auntie, look at tutusue's friend, they don't know how that person contracted MRSA. one doesn't have to be homeless with poor hygiene to contract the bugger.

glad you made the calls that you did. you by far have done a lot already. even at IHS they are wiping down all the bedding and having the people use alcohol based hand wash.

you are an angel. always caring for and about the unfortunate. GOD will lead the way. try to have a restful sleep.
                              "chaos reigns within.
                              order shall return."

Comment

Lynn...I sent you a PM with a suggestion.

I know that you truly care about her and the others we serve.

Comment

Working...
                                X