No announcement yet.

Uh-Oh! I think I just met Aunty Pupule!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Uh-Oh! I think I just met Aunty Pupule!

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
    I was going to speculate on urban legends, as I'm sure others were getting ready to comment, but this link was posted to the site:
    "Two-headed boy dies after 48 hours"
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...-48-hours.html

I tried.
    We don't seem to be able to save the world, even if it wanted us to. The most we may be able to do is to give the world a safer environment and an opportunity to save itself. And with mental illness (however that may be determined) among the issues, I don't see how that can happen.
    Youth may be wasted on the young, but retirement is wasted on the old.
    Live like you're dying, invest like you're immortal.
    We grow old if we stop playing, but it's never too late to have a happy childhood.
    Forget about who you were-- discover who you are.

Comment

Originally posted by kani-lehua View Post
      glad you made the calls that you did. you by far have done a lot already. even at IHS they are wiping down all the bedding and having the people use alcohol based hand wash.
      Originally posted by alohacandy View Post
      I know that you truly care about her and the others we serve.
      This is the same woman who we helped at KauKau Wagon Park.

Originally posted by Nords View Post
      We don't seem to be able to save the world, even if it wanted us to. The most we may be able to do is to give the world a safer environment and an opportunity to save itself. And with mental illness (however that may be determined) among the issues, I don't see how that can happen.
      Many a times, my own children tell me "You can't save the world!" I'd like to think, I've helped make it a bit brighter, safer, happier for some. Mental illness can be controlled. I've often times said "Open da bottle, take out the pill...put in da mouth, swallow with wata."

Anyways, I have excellent news.

Chairperson Bernie Young called. Rep. Karl Rhoads has gotten involved. He asked Kalihi/Palama Health Clinic to check the woman's infected legs and feet.

Love and ALOHA,

Auntie Lynn
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

[...]
        Chairperson Bernie Young called. Rep. Karl Rhoads has gotten involved. He asked Kalihi/Palama Health Clinic to check the woman's infected legs and feet.
        [...]
        That's great news, Lynn. It'll be interesting to learn if the woman allows it. I hope so.

Comment

good job, auntie lynn. keep us posted.
          "chaos reigns within.
          reflect, repent and reboot.
          order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
            That's great news, Lynn. It'll be interesting to learn if the woman allows it. I hope so.
            good job, auntie lynn. keep us posted.
            Update: Aloha Friday!

I spoke with da woman.

"Aunty" Did the doctor or someone from Kalihi/Palama Clinic come check you and give you medications?" I asked.

She looked at me and with a BIG SMILE said "Yeah, they came....I LOVE YOU!"

I started to choke up and cry.

It wasn't me. It was all of us who cared. People coming together no matter the odds. No matter if someone said "Can not" or some other lame duck excuse. Get plenny people lil dat who sit at their desks and no do nuttin but get paid ukapila kala.

Love and Aloha is FREE.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Great news! You are one of the angels on earth that you often hear
              are out there but never know who. You a true angel

Comment

[...]
                She looked at me and with a BIG SMILE said "Yeah, they came....I LOVE YOU!"
                [...]
                Fantastic! That news made my day. Thank you for helping her.

Comment

That's very sweet Aunty, I'm happy for you that you were able to help. It may seem like just a little thing to other people but it must have meant the world to her. Even if you can only help one person it's worth it.

Ack. I don't like getting sentimental. I'll go back to lurking.
                  Four Thousand Miles (blog) | MacRatLove (comic)
                  Better Holes and Garbage (rats) | Perfectly Inadequate (music)

Comment

Originally posted by leashlaws View Post
                    Great news! You are one of the angels on earth that you often hear
                    are out there but never know who. You a true angel.
                    Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                    Fantastic! That news made my day. Thank you for helping her.
                    Originally posted by sophielynette View Post
                    That's very sweet Aunty, I'm happy for you that you were able to help. It may seem like just a little thing to other people but it must have meant the world to her. Even if you can only help one person it's worth it.

Ack. I don't like getting sentimental. I'll go back to lurking.
                    It was ALL of US. Chairperson Bernie Young, Rep. Karl Rhoads, Director of IHS Connie Mitchell, C&C Parks and Recreation, Major
                    Saito and HPD District I, Kalihi/Palama Clinic, and Prayers from HawaiiThreads.com Members.

Working together.

It can be done.

Love and ALOHA,

Auntie Lynn

Comment

That's such good news! Giving hope and kindness to others....one person at a time....just think of what a better world this would be if everyone got involved and cared like you do.

Comment

Originally posted by alohacandy View Post
                        That's such good news! Giving hope and kindness to others....one person at a time....just think of what a better world this would be if everyone got involved and cared like you do.

Comment

The Filipino Chamber of Commerce of Hawaii Foundation proudly sponsors

A Taste of Kalihi 2008 · Saturday, September 6, 2008 · 10:00 AM to 8:00 PM
                          http://www.atasteofkalihi.org/

Come and enjoy the kaukau, entertainment and take part in the largest electric slide. (watch auntie do the e-slide)

Love and Aloha,

Auntie Lynn
                          Last edited by 1stwahine; August 30, 2008, 10:50 AM.

Comment

good job auntie lynn! you are indeed heaven sent. if i could cast a vote for you, i surely would!
                            "chaos reigns within.
                            order shall return."

Comment

good job auntie lynn! you are indeed heaven sent. if i could cast a vote for you, i surely would!
                              Kani,

I do what I do because of my love for Jesus. Sometimes hard to explain to those who don't believe. I give all the honor and praise to him above.

Mahalo,

Auntie Lynn

P.S. On Monday, I'll be in Waikiki with my signs and having a day of fun. If anyone wants to join me and my ohana, please PM me for the details.
                              Last edited by 1stwahine; August 30, 2008, 11:16 AM.

Comment

indeed and agreed, auntie. i still think you are an angel watching over the aala park lady.
                                Last edited by kani-lehua; August 30, 2008, 12:18 PM.
                                "chaos reigns within.
                                order shall return."

Comment

Working...
                                X