Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lingle says Obama "not local"?

Originally posted by Palama Kid View Post
    I've noticed TS looking askance at me during our HT lunches & get-togethers. She must not think a retired aerospace engineer who's lived more'n half his life in California is still local. Don't tell her I said so, though. I no like get beat up.
    Oh my goodness, PK...how did you arrive at that conclusion?

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
      I don't know Rainbow Drive-Inn. I'm born and raised on Moloka'i. Does that mean I'm not local?
      Just omit the "Rainbow" part. If you went to the Drive-In on Molokai, then you're local!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
        Oh my goodness, PK...how did you arrive at that conclusion?

Sorry. I was thinking about how Lingle could even say what she said about Obama & thought it would be like anyone (I picked you, but it could have been Ryan or Fran or Auntie Lynn) saying the same about me. Forgive me. Knowing you, you would be the last person who'd say I'm not local.
        Born in Hawaii, too - Truss me

Comment

Originally posted by Palama Kid View Post
          Sorry. I was thinking about how Lingle could even say what she said about Obama & thought it would be like anyone (I picked you, but it could have been Ryan or Fran or Auntie Lynn) saying the same about me. Forgive me. Knowing you, you would be the last person who'd say I'm not local.
          Pheeeew! Thanks for the clarification! You're right, there's no way I'd accuse you of not being local!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
            Curiosity question...
            Politics completely aside...
            and, for the sake of debate...
            If Obama was, say, an actor or an author (oh wait, he is one!) or a sports celebrity, how would you label him with respect to his roots in Hawaii?
            No. I guess it is somewhat of a plus regardless, but a small one. Just because somebody lived in Hawaii for a while doesn't excuse poor acting, miltose writting, sub-standard athletic ability, or bad politics.

Comment

hi this is sansei and i agree once with gov lingle and she is correct only how about ambercrombie,sharing his thought's about gov lingle,isnt this interesting? May he be thinking of running for Lingle's seat?

Well thank's for your time

Comment

Originally posted by AlohaKine View Post
                No. I guess it is somewhat of a plus regardless, but a small one. Just because somebody lived in Hawaii for a while doesn't excuse poor acting, miltose writting, sub-standard athletic ability, or bad politics.
                Hmmm...with all due respect, AK, how does your answer relate to my question? Sorry, I just can't figure it out since I didn't ask a yes or no question and degree of talent wasn't a consideration.

The question was...If Obama was, say, an actor or an author (oh wait, he is one!) or a sports celebrity, how would you label him with respect to his roots in Hawaii? I'm still interested in your answer.

Comment

Why is our governor getting her information from that lady who called Obama an Arab?

Comment

Because...

...the lady with the bed head may be smarter than Linda at this point...?

After sticking her foot in her mouth and somewhere else so many times in just a few day's, it now seem's her camp actually want's a fight over the matters. I just caught it briefly on a news blip, and am looking forward for more, asap.
                    She can't win this one, and better mea culpa instead of digging all the way to China.
                    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Originally posted by Composite 2992 View Post
                      Just omit the "Rainbow" part. If you went to the Drive-In on Molokai, then you're local!
                      So do our tourists here. Besides, drive-in(n)s are American invention.
                      Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                        Why is our governor getting her information from that lady who called Obama an Arab?
                        I want to see her face, or have a picture of her so I can make a big web splash for the most Idiotic American Voter of the Year.

Cruel? Not even close to my level of enjoyment.
                        Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

That lady might have made a name for herself where she can get a sidekick gig with a wacky FM dj from Howard Stern to Rush Limbaugh.

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
                            So do our tourists here. Besides, drive-in(n)s are American invention.
                            Bah! As if there were any real drive-in restaurants left in Hawaii.

Rainbows Drive-In, Likelike Drive-In, Byron's Drive-In. All "drive-ins" by name only, at this point. No carhops going to every car and taking orders? No waitresses on rollerskates delivering food? Then they're just plain fast food restaurants.
                            This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
                              when was she last relevant?
                              exactly!!! But here is the scary part! You and I don't know just how close she became to being McCain's running mate. Unfortunately McCain was smitten Sara Palin's looks and wasn't excited with Lingle looking like Groucho Marxs after a hard night of drinking!
                              I hope the good people of Hawaii have the smarts the next go around not to vote for Lingle...ever again! Just thinking about her makes me itch!

Comment

Originally posted by Beachboy View Post
                                exactly!!! But here is the scary part! You and I don't know just how close she became to being McCain's running mate.
                                The Republicans wanted a woman for that spot...

Comment

Working...
                                X