Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lt. Governor's Race

Originally posted by sansei View Post
    in response to Tunl, i respect your opinion.,im not sure who ns voted for, only he may have voted for another dem.
    It is not my opinion, it is a FACT that ns may NOT have voted for another dem, because no other dem was on the general election ballot! Only ONE candidate per party may appear on the general election ballot, sansei.

thanks for your time.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
    USA TODAY, page 2A
    11 March 1993

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
      the process of endorsements.
      Because of anapuni808, I am in Politics.

The process of endorsemenents is not an easy task.

A candidate must request an application to the Union. A questionaire/survey
      will have to be filled out and sent back. An appointment will be made for
      a meeting in front of the Executive Board or PAC Board. On that day, the
      candidate will sit in front of them and answer questions. It's not EASY.

The announcement is made through the media and letters are received from the unions to candidates.

1stwahine
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

awww shucks

I'm a member of Progressive Democrats-Hawaii & Lynn went though the process of answering our questionnaire and was given our endorsement and also the endorsement of our PAC.
        "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
        – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Thanks!

hi,i respect your opinon amati,
          i learned when i was a youth to spell thank's this way and not spelling thanks this way,only thank's for your kind word's.
          well thank's for your time

It is unfortunate that your spelling instructor gave an incorrect lesson. But I’m confident that you will want to learn the right way to spell thanks, now that your instructor's error has been pointed out. The instructor should have taught that an apostrophe with an "s" either shows possession or makes a contraction:
          • Use the apostrophe to show possession. [In a singular possessive, the apostrophe goes before the final s. In a plural possessive, the apostrophe goes after the final s.]
          • A contraction is the shortening of a word, syllable, or word group by omission of internal letters (examples: let us = let’s; it is = it’s; she is = she’s; is not = isn’t; I have = I’ve).
          • A plural word does not need an apostrophe.
          So, thanks is spelled without an apostrophe, because it is the plural of thank. And ditto for "kind words", it is just plural for "kind word", so no apostrophe is needed.

I hope this is helpful to you. With any luck, the teacher did not teach that lesson incorrectly for too many years!
          Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Re: Thanks!

[...]
            i learned when i was a youth to spell thank's this way and not spelling thanks this way,only thank's for your kind word's.
            [...]
            Originally posted by Amati View Post
            [...]
            A plural word does not need an apostrophe.
            So, thanks is spelled without an apostrophe, because it is the plural of thank. And ditto for "kind words", it is just plural for "kind word", so no apostrophe is needed.[...]
            With all due respect, Sansei...Amati is 100% correct and the person who taught you was 100% wrong. Really. Here's another way of looking at it...
            "I am going to Norm Sakamoto's office to tell him I'm going to vote for him."
            (the "apostrophe s" shows it's a possessive meaning it's his office)
            "I went to school with 3 Norm Sakamotos."
            (no apostrophe here shows it's a plural...meaning there were 3 guys at school with the same name.)

Comment

Maybe its all a matter of ones political perspective's, and where you fall on the "possessive of someone with a name ending in -s-" debate. Now, if my Gramma(r) is running for Lt. Governor, thats another thread, innit?

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                [...] thats another thread, innit?
                'Scuse me, LL, but...THATS should be THAT'S 'cuz IT'S a contraction. And THAT'S the truth...<raspberry> And, yes, it definitely is another thread so, to get back on topic...

I watched "Focus" last week-end and was impressed with Lyla Berg. Oops...I mean lb! I'M still undecided, however, as I'M on political advertising overload right now. The emails, the mail outs, the commercials, social media. Ai yi yi yi yi...

Comment

hi,i learned this from my elementary and intermediate school's and i only share of what i learned,i wouldnt fib. also i voted on my absentee ballot for ns who's for lt gov,and mh for gov,for mayor,kc and for congress,di and for senator in honolulu,sc and tgbd tamayo.i didnt vote for who'm i shared with everyone here which was people like for gov na,for lt gov bs, also not former lt gov who's running for gov,da and not other's who'm i thought werent right for the position.

Comment

Sansei...no one is accusing you of fibbing about what you were taught. Amati and I tried explaining to you that you were taught incorrectly. That is not your fault. It is the fault of your teachers. What you choose to do with this new, correct knowledge is up to you.

I'm happy you already voted for the candidates of your choice. I'm still waiting for my absentee ballot.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                      I'm still waiting for my absentee ballot.
                      Which days are there walk-in voting at the Honolulu Hale?

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                        Dunno...sorry.

Comment

hi,i learned this from my elementary and intermediate school's and i only share of what i learned,i wouldnt fib. also i voted on my absentee ballot for ns who's for lt gov,and mh for gov,for mayor,kc and for congress,di and for senator in honolulu,sc and tgbd tamayo.i didnt vote for who'm i shared with everyone here which was people like for gov na,for lt gov bs, also not former lt gov who's running for gov,da and not other's who'm i thought werent right for the position.

"Being ignorant is not so much a shame, as being unwilling to learn." Benjamin Franklin

Ok, I'll go back on topic now too.

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                            http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/global/...asp?s=12455981
                            Walk-in voting began Monday morning at Honolulu Hale.

Walk-in voting runs from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM daily until May 20, excluding Sunday the 16th.

Comment

Amati - you might want to check your dates.
                              "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                              – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
                                Amati - you might want to check your dates.
                                Yikes, you are sure right about that! Let's try this link instead:

http://www.tmcnet.com/usubmit/2010/09/05/4991509.htm

Sep 05, 2010 (The Honolulu Star-Advertiser - McClatchy-Tribune Information Services via COMTEX) -- Early voting locations opened Friday as more state residents are opting for the convenience of voting absentee, rather than waiting until election day.

Residents can vote early in the county and state primaries, as well as the Honolulu mayoral race, at any of the early bird voting locations, which will be open through Sept. 16, two days before the primary.

On Oahu, polling places are at Honolulu Hale, Kapolei Hale and Windward Mall and are open from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Saturday, but will be closed tomorrow for Labor Day.

Comment

Working...
                                X