Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mufi's new job

Originally posted by AlohaKine View Post
    I think Panos took a lot more votes from Carlisle, not Caldwell. Caldwell is very much to the political left while his opponents were both more favorable to more conservative voters. It appears that Panos almost spoiled the election for Carlisle.
    I concur with that 100%.

Had an interesting discussion today with a veteran campaigner from Mufi's camp. I remarked to him about the election results and my observation that there was a noticeable decrease in the number of Mufi signs/banners posted on fences and walls in Kalihi Valley. He told me that it was not my imagination. Compared to 2004 and '08, more property owners were saying NO to Mufi signs. Especially telling is this: This guy was canvassing for both Mufi and Kirk Caldwell. He came across dozens of people who accepted Caldwell signs,.... but at the same time, specifically giving the Mufi signs a thumbs down.

Mufi's gracious concession speech and show of support for Abercrombie are all well and good,.... but if the man has any intentions of making a political comeback, he has a lot of fences to mend at the grassroots level.
    This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Working...
    X