Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How about reinstating capital punishment in Hawaii?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: How about reinstating capital punishment in Hawaii?

Originally posted by Polopony View Post
    If a defendant is stone cold guilty without a shadow of a doubt, why wait 20 years?
    Because we are a nation ruled by law, not by passion.

We have a very cautious judicial structure, developed over centuries, which is designed to try to be as fair to all citizens as possible. And it still makes mistakes. Rushing to take an irreversable step, rather than moving through the legal process so carefully built up, is a violation of fundamental American principles.

Comment

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101111/..._execution_dna

ooops

Comment

However, as time and tech march on, it's looking like DNA ain't all it was cracked up to be, and false readings are occurring. Fingerprints pau, DNA going, ocular too 1984... what's the next temporary godsend?
        https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Feelings are still the same. Although apparently the article shows you can't "blame Bush" for this one.

Comment

Nope, just a mere clerical error. Ooops.

Comment

• WTF, excuse me?

Originally posted by bjd392 View Post
              Although apparently the article shows you can't "blame Bush" for this one.
              Geez, feel the Bush-love...
              Yes, he is most certainly to blame, directly.
              It was his immediate admin's utmost duty to have handle an issue which holds life in it's hands as properly as humanly possible. They did not. They knew that in W's Texas if a court says you're to die, you are gonna die no matter what. They didn't care enuf to do the most basic humane thing because they knew their boss didn't care. The only thing uber small-man-complex Bush cared about in these cases was showing us what a badass Yankee transplant he was, all a worthless show that continues to this very day. Fugum!

Comment

Supposedly bush & his AG Gonzalez used to get their yucks laughing over clemency appeals from condemned prisoners. Hilarious. If its true that seems to show the exact precise definitive personality you NEVER want running your country. Life, irrelevant. No ability to feel compassion.

I am serious about feeling free of guilt for the death of innocents. As an adult I have never advocated the death penalty, so there is no innocent blood on my hands. If there is a God that is one thing I will not have to answer for. I value having a clear conscience.

Comment

That warped mindset was quite obvious before any con's pres. election bid, from '80 on. They still have many in support. What a shame some vote in those with no conscience to value.

Comment

So here I am wandering off topic...so many facts were known about bush, "Shrub" by Molly Ivins should have been required reading. I heard her interviewed once, what a gentle sense of humor she had...the interviewer introduces her as "one of bush's strongest critics" to which she replies, "oh my no, I am far from being one of his strongest critics". Then the interview with bush's econ prof from college, Professor Tsurumi, I think you can still find it on line...bush liked to wear his flight jacket to class, he liked to shoot spitwads at female students, professor Tsurumi said bush seldom did any work and as a result he usually failed and when he did he always blamed those around him. Leopards don't change their spots, the song of canaries never varies, etc. That bush was allowed to waltz into the presidency without criticism from the news media is a horrendous commentary against the news media, it failed in its most basic responsibility, bush and the disasters he left behind are as much the news media's fault as the supreme ct's. Hard to get away from the conclusion that its all corrupt.
                    Last edited by Kalalau; November 12, 2010, 10:16 AM. Reason: spelling correction

Comment

Two thirds of Americans prefer alternative to Death Penalty.
                      Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Working...
                      X