Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bud SmoKa's

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
    If your mind is clouded by smoke... you might think your being creative... however, just imagine how much more creative you could be if your mind wasn't clouded?
    and if you say you no like argue...then quit doing just that!

We get the idea... you will be who you are... your blunt and you enjoy the weed... however, it's people like this...that make it more difficult for people like mom...to get the understanding from the public about some of the medicinal benefits of weed.
    Hi Manoa ~ thanks for the info.... didn't see u all day!

AloHas,

KaYa T.
    sigpic

Comment

Re: Methamphetamine

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o

And don't knock being sober until you have the guts and stamina to try it.
      Hey I've been sober, two years ~ I took 2004-December of 2005 off ~ off weed, off alcohol, off cigarette too, it was pretty cool...but...January 2006, I'm on ~ on everything except alcohol ~ not interested.

Guts & Stamina? how many people do you know that .... just quit. No patch, NO medical assisted therapy or wateva people do to get sober....
      I did, not to say It was by my own strength, cuz heavan knows I prayed REALLY hard that night, to stop ~ & u know what? I did. Didnt crave, yearn, or want any of it
      sigpic

Comment

Kaya,
        you're still young yet (I think you said you were 24). When you are 34 or 44 or 54, what do you think you'll be like? Do you think you'll still be smoking? If you have kids by then, would you want them to see you doing these things if it
        is illegal?

Most people (including me) had to go through that phase of "experimentation". But at some point, you realize that all getting high does is prevent you from seeing reality. It's a crutch, an escape. At some point you're going to have to choose between being an adult with responsibilities or staying a kid who doesn't want to grow up. If you choose to continue to be a kid, then you can also assume you will be treated like one.

I hope you end up making the right choice, but the choice IS yours to make.

Miulang
        Last edited by Miulang; September 11, 2006, 02:03 PM.
        "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

This is a very true statement. This goes for more than just drugs. Shopping, eating,sex,tv,videogames and money. Addiction comes in many forms shapes and sizes.

Before relocating here I lived in Missouri...want to learn about meth abuse? Miles and miles of farm communities...plenty of supply. I also have traveled quite a bit around the states and have meet whole families abusing meth, the youngest 10 this was in rual Washington.

I don't adhere to KT's method of partying but There is a Time and A Place for Everything.

Originally posted by timkona
          Moderation with weed is attainable if you have discipline. I also know that not everyone has that kind of control.

Moderation is the key with EVERYTHING in life. A little puff of pot after work, or right before you go on a good long run, is the greatest. A blast of meth right before you type that semester paper for Chemistry, that's due tomorrow morning, will keep you from failing. A tab of acid right before the laser light show is just the ticket.

A time and a place for everything........in moderation. It's the idiots who are addicted and let their lives fall apart. Stupid is stupid, whether or not you have addictive personality.

Discipline, among the human species, is in very short supply these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
            . At some point you're going to have to choose between being an adult with responsibilities or staying a kid who doesn't want to grow up. If you choose to continue to be a kid, then you can also assume you will be treated like one.

Miulang

What does not smokin' have to do with growing up? and having responsibilities? * OH and thanks again for bringing the AGE thing up again...

Im just saying how is it that you have the authority to say the above? Just cuz you SAY you experimented b4? and bcuz you're older
            ?

sigpic

Comment

Kaya - I have often heard the argument from "Artists, muscians, writers, etc. that say they are more creative when they smoke."

I don't think that is a good argument to make.

If your mind is clouded by smoke... you might think your being creative... however, just imagine how much more creative you could be if your mind wasn't clouded?
              That's arguable too...
              Beatles Pre-1965...aka before weed)
              Beatles POST-1965...aka after weed and acid...not to condone acid in any way, but I seriously doubt that Sgt Peppers would be what it was without the weed and acid.

Pua'i...My initial comments were not intended to tweak you or anyone else in here, so apologies if I did. That being said, I still stand by my weed vs the other harder drugs argument, and we can agree to disagree. Sorry you had a such a crummy childhood due to marijuana.
              Seriously, Hope you're doing well, and have made amends with your parents.
              Last edited by tikiyaki; September 11, 2006, 02:40 PM.
              http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
              Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
              Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

Originally posted by tikiyaki
                That's arguable too...
                Beatles Pre-1965...aka before weed)
                Beatles POST-1965...aka after weed and acid...not to condone acid in any way, but I seriously doubt that Sgt Peppers would be what it was without the weed and acid.

Pua'i...My initial comments were not intended to tweak you or anyone else in here, so apologies if I did. That being said, I still stand by my weed vs the other harder drugs argument, and we can agree to disagree. Sorry you had a such a crummy childhood due to marijuana.
                Seriously, Hope you're doing well, and have made amends with your parents.
                tiki... How can we know if Sgt. Peppers would have been better or worse?

Yeah, it's a good song...etc... but gee... could it have possibly been even better w/out the drugs... we will never know.

Comment

Originally posted by Got2HaVKaYaNoW
                  Im just saying how is it that you have the authority to say the above? Just cuz you SAY you experimented b4? and bcuz you're older
                  Yes, I AM older than you and yes I HAVE used weed, acid, psilocybin, MDA etc. Don't do any of those things anymore (don't smoke ciggies anymore either and only use alcohol occasionally). Why? Because I outgrew the need for those things. I just decided one day that I didn't need any of that anymore because I wasn't in college anymore and didn't need those crutches. I didn't need to hang out with the people who continued to do those things, either. By then I knew it was time for me to grow up and act responsibly.

Miulang
                  Last edited by Miulang; September 11, 2006, 02:57 PM.
                  "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

tiki... How can we know if Sgt. Peppers would have been better or worse?

Yeah, it's a good song...etc... but gee... could it have possibly been even better w/out the drugs... we will never know.
                    Re-read my post Mr Manoa....compare pre-65' Beatles with POST 65' Beatles....
                    NOW, I'm NOT saying one is better than the other, and we can get into a Geeky Beatle discussion about this topic on the "Jukebox" thread, but...

here you have The Beatles up to 1965..."She loves you , yea yea yea"
                    OR
                    POST-65'...'"Picture yourself on a boat in a river, with tangerine trees and marmelade skies"

NOT saying one is better than the other, but you have to admit, the drugs sure opened them up to something different than the standard love song template. I love them BOTH, but alot of people are of the opinion that the Sgt Pepper's album (not just the song) is a masterpiece of masterpieces,and that the drugs had everything to do with it.
                    The what if's don't really count, because there is are PRE drug Beatles, and POST drug Beatles...so you CAN make a comparison.

ME? I like Revolver myself....that was more of a pot album, and less of an acid album.

Comment

• Re: Bud SmoKa's

Originally posted by tikiyaki
                      Re-read my post Mr Manoa....compare pre-65' Beatles with POST 65' Beatles....
                      NOW, I'm NOT saying one is better than the other, and we can get into a Geeky Beatle discussion about this topic on the "Jukebox" thread, but...

here you have The Beatles up to 1965..."She loves you , yea yea yea"
                      OR
                      POST-65'...'"Picture yourself on a boat in a river, with tangerine trees and marmelade skies"

NOT saying one is better than the other, but you have to admit, the drugs sure opened them up to something different than the standard love song template. I love them BOTH, but alot of people are of the opinion that the Sgt Pepper's album (not just the song) is a masterpiece of masterpieces,and that the drugs had everything to do with it.
                      The what if's don't really count, because there is are PRE drug Beatles, and POST drug Beatles...so you CAN make a comparison.

ME? I like Revolver myself....that was more of a pot album, and less of an acid album.
                      Tiki -

The same could be said about pre and post musicians that have died because of or be it a part of drugs...their music got better with age and almost kind of a music martyrism (is that a word) People bought their albums up after their deaths...

ie; Kurt Cobain, Bob Marley, Tupac and all the other rappers that have died cause of gangs and/or drug related activity, Hendrix, Rick James, etc.

It's all a matter of personal opinion on the music pre or post drugs... I'm sure you could probably find a person or TWO that would say... NO the beattles were much better in their younger days... just think what they could have become had they not become so involved in drugs.

Comment

Tiki -

The same could be said about pre and post musicians that have died because of or be it a part of drugs...their music got better with age and almost kind of a music martyrism (is that a word) People bought their albums up after their deaths...

ie; Kurt Cobain, Bob Marley, Tupac and all the other rappers that have died cause of gangs and/or drug related activity, Hendrix, Rick James, etc.

It's all a matter of personal opinion on the music pre or post drugs... I'm sure you could probably find a person or TWO that would say... NO the beattles were much better in their younger days... just think what they could have become had they not become so involved in drugs.
                        Bob Marley was most likely stoned his entire career.
                        Kurt Cobain's career was too short, and he was on drugs for most of it as well.
                        Hendrix was doing acid from the very first experience records.

The beatles had a non drug period and a drug period.

Either way, the music changed...and seriously, how much better could it have gotten than those records ? I personally think the drugs had a positive impact on their music. I think Sir Paul would most likely agree, as he is STILL an AVID pot smoker.

Comment

moved thread to the beattles thread per request
                          Last edited by damontucker; September 11, 2006, 06:29 PM.

Comment

• Re: Methamphetamine

Hold it! Both of you!!! I was waiting for one you to ask about how Drugs have affected our Islands Musicians too.

Auntie Lynn
                            Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                            Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
                              Hold it! Both of you!!! I was waiting for one you to ask about how Drugs have affected our Islands Musicians too.

Auntie Lynn
                              This is a sad and personal subject I would not like to touch on.

However... you seem to be tight with a couple Musicians and feel the need to talk so go ahead and don't hate on me if I post my own personal thoughts although if you start getting local with it... I gotta bail out...to scary that kine!

Comment

This is a sad and personal subject I would not like to touch on.

However... you seem to be tight with a couple Musicians and feel the need to talk so go ahead and don't hate on me if I post my own personal thoughts although if you start getting local with it... I gotta bail out...to scary that kine!
                                Nope. Das why I asked dee question.hahahaha

You always bite. You getting smarter.

Shucks. You learn fast.

Auntie Lynn
                                Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                                Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Working...
                                X