replied
    Re: Methamphetamine

ya and sooooo patient!

Leave a comment:

• lurkah
    replied

Originally posted by Fondoo

He he since there is a small voice in my head telling me maybe I could smoke a little good Hawwiian grass or drink socialy when I move there and it would be ok I'm still "recovering"
    That small voice is, "cunning, baffling, and powerful." Remember?

Leave a comment:

• Fondoo2
    replied

1stwahine fellow druggie soul sister! I'm only saying this cause I love you as one of "us" but you probobly shouldn't use the word recovering till you stop using mind altering drugs.Maybe your not an addict but found drugs are not for you?Then you can drink without suffering,but if you really are an addict then the booze will turn on you and you know the rest of the story.You may never even increase the amount you are drinking now but just stunt the spiritual growth of recovery we need to have healthy whole lives.Like you I will always have my demons but every year they take up less and less mental real estate.
    I liked what a speaker once said that he didn't go thru all he did in recovery to stay sick all his life so he considers himself recovered not recovering.He he since there is a small voice in my head telling me maybe I could smoke a little good Hawwiian grass or drink socialy when I move there and it would be ok I'm still "recovering"

Leave a comment:

• 1stwahine
    replied

Good afternoon all! Yep, it'll be four years clean from the ravages of cocaine! I never did like grass, didn't do anything for me. "ICE" took away so much friends and family. I've seen and lived the life of which it brings...pain, hurt, suffering, domestic abuse and death.

I still party. My party nowdays is much different than before. I prefer drinking. I am not saying it's better. It is still considered a drug. I fight, struggle and face my Demons everyday. I will always be a Recovering ADDICT!

Auntie Lynn

Leave a comment:

• Miulang
    replied

Originally posted by kimo55
    "my winery"... hmmm. knew i knew ya for a reason!
    I own a very eeency share of one of the smaller wineries up here. But it's enough to get me discounts on the stuff we sell, so that's a good enough reason for me! We just bought out another small WA winery, Glen Fiona, which bottles some of the best Syrah I have ever tasted.

Miulang

Leave a comment:

• kimo55
    replied

"my winery"... hmmm. knew i knew ya for a reason!

Leave a comment:

• Miulang
    replied

Originally posted by Fondoo
    Thx M but I was lucky and was able to open myself to the 12 steps it had nothing to do with personel willpower or anything like that,I had tride beating it myself for over 7 yrs,in my case the 12 steps allowed me to let god fix it and I just stayed out of the way he he
    Hey Muilang was it you I read that had 4yrs as well?
    Nope. That was my internet Tita, Auntie Lynn. I tried coke once and all it did was tickle my nose! Never had the desire to dabble in anything more serious than weed or a few hits of acid when I was younger and stupider. Now, of course, there's only the very occasional glass of wine from my winery, shot of single malt Scotch neat or Campari and soda with a twist (oh yeah, when I'm in a festive mood, I'll have a Kir Royale or a Bellini). Don't need any of those mood enhancers anymore.

Miulang

Leave a comment:

• Fondoo2
    replied

Thx M but I was lucky and was able to open myself to the 12 steps it had nothing to do with personel willpower or anything like that,I had tride beating it myself for over 7 yrs,in my case the 12 steps allowed me to let god fix it and I just stayed out of the way he he
    Hey Muilang was it you I read that had 4yrs as well?

Leave a comment:

• Miulang
    replied

Congrats on your sobriety, Fondoo. That's a very notable achievement. From everything I've read, weaning off ice is one of the hardest and most painful to endure.

Today's Star Bulletin had a report from the State that disclosed that almost 2% of people who were randomly selected to be tested for drugs tested positive for ice use. Many of those people who tested positive were applying for jobs. They were told up front they would be tested, and yet they still applied.

"...Nearly two out of every 100 people who undergo pre-employment and random workplace drug screening in Hawaii test positive for crystal methamphetamine, or "ice," the state's largest drug testing laboratory has found.

Of the 9,419 prospective and current employees screened by Diagnostic Laboratory Services in the first three months of this year, 179, or 1.9 percent, tested positive for ice. In the previous 12 months, 1.8 percent tested positive.

"...One of the trends he noted is a more-than-doubling in the detection of opiate drugs to 0.7 percent this year from 0.3 percent last year. State administrative rules allow drug testing laboratories to confirm whether the detected opiate is morphine or codeine, but not for prescription drugs like oxycontin and vicodin, whose use is on the rise, Linden said.

Marijuana usage ranks highest in Hawaii at 2.4 percent, while cocaine use, at 0.5 percent, remains low...."

Miulang

Leave a comment:

• Fondoo2
    replied

Drug addict for 10yrs (meth and grass being my fav) and sober for 8yrs the 12 steps of AA saved my ass.If you have a problem or would like to understand someone who does the big book of alchoholics anonymous can be a great help.AA forums could come in handy as well.Oh and hooked on meth or hooked on alchohol are the same desease
    Is pakalolo the hawaiin name for pot? That would be a sad thing to hear thats it's hard to get since it grows so wonderfully in your climate.I would rather see a bunch of slackers with the munchies than the skinny paranoid meth users.

Leave a comment:

• local_missy
    replied

Heh everyone. I was just reading all the posts on "Ice" and the problems. Being from Hawaii and still in Hawaii, I can truly say that there is a problem with the locals using "Ice". For many reasons, locals are using and selling "Ice" in the neighborhoods.

The biggest problem about this drug is not the users, sellers or even makers. It is the kids. I know a lot of families with kids involved in this epidemic. It is an epidemic with no end in sight.

Want to know how you can help? Stand up and do some interventing. Use what God gave you and say something. I know I have. No matter if I know the user, seller or even maker, I have spoken up. Why you might say? For the kids and their futures. You might want to give up your life, but they shouldn't have to suffer along.

To me that is the biggest problem. One voice can make a difference as long as it goes in the right direction. Start something and good things will follow.

God Bless You All...There still is hope!

Leave a comment:

• kimo55
    replied

dayum... thatss da solution for erryting at hand; take a way our beer and replace it wit da spleef at da football games!

Leave a comment:

• shaveice
    replied

albert wrote: I do think it's extremely unfortunate that pakololo has been made so difficult to obtain. It's a much better drug than crystal meth, probably even better than alcohol.

don't wanna rub more people the wrong way, especially 1stlady since i understand where you're coming from, (and i haven't been following this thread so if i'm missing something that was already posted--sorry) but i feel the same way. i know the word "better" is a pretty loaded term (no pun intended) but i think it's safe to say that it's not anywhere as addictive as many of the other stuff, e.g. meth. not speaking for anyone but myself, smoking pakalolo used to be so much fun. of course, like anything else, it can be abused but that's true of so many things.

i think it's odd/curious/interesting how our society paints pakalolo as some evil gateway drug and yet alcohol flows like a river everywhere we look and we know what kind of impact that has had on so many millions of lives. just my two cents.

Leave a comment:

• 1stwahine
    replied

Major DRUG BUST (CRYSTAL METH), in Hawaii today! According to reports by the police, nineteen were arrested. One, a Rancher on the Big Island. Meth was smuggled by cattle feed containers and inside of cars. It is a step into the right direction.

Unfortunately, the same laws don't apply to the street dealers. Hopefully, someday soon it will. Our children and their children needs all our cooperation in fighting this problem!!!!!

To the agencies that apprehended all those involved in this operation, mahalo!

Auntie Lynn

Leave a comment:

• Miulang
    replied

Originally posted by 808_m3
    While stuck in traffic today, I was listening to the radio about this very topic. From what I remember, the discussion was about a particular state, I think it was Oklahoma, that now requires a doctor's perscription for Sudafed, which is an over-the-counter decongestant that contains one of the active ingredients in crystal meth. Supposedly, this restriction has helped curbed some of the crystal meth issues in the state.

Do you think this would help derail the meth issues in Hawaii?
    If I was the maker of Sudafed, I would figure out a way to reformulate the cold pills to eliminate the pseudoephedrine completely. Then their market share wouldn't get so restricted. Cold pills like Contac don't have pseudoephedrine in them, so my guess is rather than go through the hassle of going to a doctor to get a prescription for what should be an OTC medicine, as a consumer (and not one who needed the pills for a different purpose than to stop a drippy nose), I would just switch to another brand of cold medicine, like Contac. And the makers of Sudafed and their shareholders would get very, very cranky. If I'm going to take the time and expense to go see a doctor for an Rx, gimme one that'll really clear up my congested head! Maybe something with a little codeine...

Of course if the makers of Sudafed took pseudoephedrine out of their formulation, could they still call themselves Sudafed? Maybe "Sudafed Light"?

Up here in WA, they've removed Sudafed from the open shelves and you have to prove you're over 18 and they only allow you to buy one package at a time. I suppose people could go from store to store trying to get enough Sudafed to cook with, but that would get really boring after a while.

Miulang

P.S. I remember when Contac first came out on the market and everybody got all freaked out because one of the ingredients was a belladonna compound. I can just picture some wannabe addict trying to figure out which colored eency little balls in each capsule were the belladona and which weren't!
    Last edited by Miulang; August 5, 2005, 05:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X