X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Case to challenge Akaka for Senate Seat

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
    Yes I think it's time for change and if Case wins, then another Japanese puppet (Akaka) loses power and maybe Hawaiians will see a change for the better for them. Maybe!

Back in the 1990s, the Plantation Democrats decided, "You, Haole, stong but quiet, you handle the Hawaiians. You are Chairman of the Hawaiian Affairs Committee." Then they put Plantation Democrats in charge of Ways an Means (as has been the case for 50 years). If you don't know, Ways and Means is the committee of MONEY.

Anyway, I had to laugh back then because it conjured up some stereotypes. Scared Japanee kids in intermediate telling a crazy haole, "you go beef da Hawaiians", and the crazy haole was crazy enough to do it.

His tenure as Chair of that committee was bumpy to say the least but I got a "feeling" for where Case stands on Hawaiian issues.
    Last edited by kamuelakea; January 24, 2006, 07:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kamuelakea
      Back in the 1990s, the Plantation Democrats decided, "You, Haole, stong but quiet, you handle the Hawaiians. You are Chairman of the Hawaiian Affairs Committee." Then they put Plantation Democrats in charge of Ways an Means (as has been the case for 50 years). If you don't know, Ways and Means is the committee of MONEY.

Anyway, I had to laugh back then because it conjured up some stereotypes. Scared Japanee kids in intermediate telling a crazy haole, "you go beef da Hawaiians", and the crazy haole was crazy enough to do it.

His tenure as Chair of that committee was bumby to say the least but I got a "feeling" for where Case stands on Hawaiian issues.
      uhhh...hello! Pau dinner. I know what is the Ways and Means Committee. I not that ignorant.heheheh I just ack pupule.

Please continue.

Auntie Lynn
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
        uhhh...hello! Pau dinner. I know what is the Ways and Means Committee. I not that ignorant.heheheh I just ack pupule.

Please continue.

Auntie Lynn

Oh I know you know aunty. Get plenny peeple in here gotta draw piktcha.

You juss ate and you come ova hea? Hope my opinions no make you looze yoah dinnah.

Comment

Oh I know you know aunty. Get plenny peeple in here gotta draw piktcha.

You juss ate and you come ova hea? Hope my opinions no make you looze yoah dinnah.
          I wen rush to eat my dinner. I'm enjoying this thread. All opinions are very interesting and educational. A course in Hawaiian Plantation Immigrants History 101 and whatevas ~ is something I don't want to miss. You can't learn this in text books. This is the real Macoy ~ from real people and what the people are thinking.

Mahalo,

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Racism is evil. You are not special because of your skin color or your ethnic background. Earth is home to the human species, regardless of your color.

Racial separatism, as defined by the Akaka Bill, and all other legislation wherein race is important, is fostered either by racial pride of achievement, or by the insecurity associated with cultural failure.

When the cause of racism is racial pride of achievement, the have-nots scream to high heaven. White men have been vilified for their successes.

When the cause of racism is insecurity tied to cultural failure, political correctness demands that society tolerate the racism to give the disenfranchised a leg up.

If it wasn't for the double standard, we'd have no standards at all.

Imagine a White Congressional Caucus. The NAAWP. The Haole Chamber of Commerce. The Vanilla Firefighters League. The United White College Fund. The Office of Caucasian Affairs. Honky Home Lands. Bwahahahaha !

My heritage is Earthling.
            FutureNewsNetwork.com
            Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Originally posted by timkona
              Racism is evil. You are not special because of your skin color or your ethnic background. Earth is home to the human species, regardless of your color.

Yes, Racism is Evil. I am a decendent of the Lemurians!
              Back on topic please.

Aunty Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by timkona
                Imagine a White Congressional Caucus. The NAAWP. The Haole Chamber of Commerce. The Vanilla Firefighters League. The United White College Fund. The Office of Caucasian Affairs. Honky Home Lands. Bwahahahaha !

I'm afraid your own insecurity as a Haole in Hawaii makes you confuse the issues. All of the fictitious names you cite (except the Office of Caucasian Affairs) are variations of AMERICAN organizations created by and for AMERICANS. They might or might not be silly but they have nothing to do with Hawaiians. Hawaiians are/were unique people with unique physical features, a single unique language and unique culture. Your insecurity living in a place where you are considered foreign makes you uncomfortable and angry.

The Office of Hawaiian Affairs is a silly office in America. I agree with you that special racial organizations by and for immigrants to America is odd. But Hawaiians are not immigrants to America. Hawaiians were Hawaiians thousands of years before America became America. The Office Of Hawaiian Affiars should not exist. What should exist in it's place is a Hawaiian Nation.

Funny how many of your type are sooooo concerned about the whales, and the nene goose and the fauna and the endangered birds. But Hawaiian people? #%%^ Um! We’re all “Humans” on planet earth.

Well if that’s the case then, whales are just fish and we should harpoon their asses goodbye. And nene goose are just another peking duck meal. And brown tree snake? Bring um in. No problems Screw the birds.

Is that what you think Konatim? Or is it only Hawaiians that we should kiss goodbye so guys like you don’t have to feel so much like an outsider anymore???
                Last edited by kamuelakea; January 24, 2006, 08:04 PM.

Comment

Hawaiians are/were unique people with unique physical features, a single unique language and unique culture.
                  Separatism, disguised as ethnocentricity, is racism just the same.

It is a popular notion to be a racist in Hawaii. And it's not just Hawaiians that are guilty of this filthy behavior. You presume that I am singling out Hawaiians, when the scourge of racism crosses all borders.

Arguments in favor of slavery in America often centered around debating points such as "unique people", "unique physical features", "unique language", and "unique culture".

The irony is hilarious.
                  FutureNewsNetwork.com
                  Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Hawaiians were Hawaiians thousands of years before America became America.
                    Oh please. Hawaiians were immigrants from other parts of Polynesia, sometime around 500 AD, according to the archaeologists and anthropologists. Or are you now going to say that those scientists were wrong because they weren't a) there at the time or b) Hawaiian?

What's next, a discussion of Intelligent Design?
                    Last edited by Linkmeister; January 24, 2006, 08:52 PM.
                    http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Originally posted by Linkmeister
                      Oh please. Hawaiians were immigrants from other parts of Polynesia, sometime around 500 AD, according to the archaeologists and anthropologists. Or are you now going to say that those scientists were wrong because they weren't a) there at the time or b) Hawaiian?

You want to discuss intelligent design? I'm game. You go first.

Wait. Let me guess. Your condescending tone makes me think you're one of the really really smart college educated folks who are soooooooo smart that you know exactly how life was created on Earth. Yeah. You went to college and that's what you learned.

Well lets go. I can discuss many topics. Intelligent design is fine. Bring it on. Why don't you tell us why you said "What's next, a discussion of intelligent design?" What do you know about it?
                      Last edited by kamuelakea; January 24, 2006, 09:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Linkmeister

Why don't you just go back to Africa? Be at home with your ancestors?

Actually, most of the timelines are pure speculation. The best evidence on migration comes from language similarities. Some track language differences from south east asia to polynesia to hawaii.

I say they are smart to track language similarities but they've got it backwards. It all started with Hawaiians and went to polynesia then up toward south east asia.

Prove me wrong genius.
                        Last edited by kamuelakea; January 24, 2006, 09:25 PM.

Comment

(yawns) Aloha kahahiaka! Case vs Akaka anyone?

...ooops it's only 3:53 a.m. I going back moe moe!!!

Please listen to this song by "Bruddah Iz" http://tinyurl.com/b3fka
                          Auntie Lynn
                          Last edited by 1stwahine; January 25, 2006, 04:13 AM.

Comment

This thread has derailed beyond any hope of redemption. If people want to again discuss "Case v. Akaka," feel free to start a new thread in Hawaii Hall.

Discussions of racism, immigration, intelligent design, and other fantastic topics should be fostered in their own threads (and have been in the past -- use the "Search" function of this forum).

Comment

Working...
                            X