Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you have political signs in front of your house?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Do you have any political signs infront of your house?

Surprisingly few in Manoa Valley this year, with Tanonaka definitely getting the most support.

Comment

No signs in our yard, nor any of our immediate neighbors. I am only seeing them on main streets and roads.
      Stop being lost in thought where our problems thrive.~

Comment

Up Pearlridge you see one or two; in my neighborhood there's one for Coffee directly across the street from me and one in the cul-de-sac, but that's because one of his organizers lives in the cul-de-sac, I suspect, rather than heartfelt devotion to the man.

Get onto Moanalua at Kaonohi and head towards Kaahumanu and you'll start seeing plenty.

Note: insert glottal stops as necessary; I can never remember exactly where they belong in street names.
        http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

The Honolulu Advertiserhas yet another update on the state of campaign signs in paradise. Not only are they getting more plentiful, but also bigger and more distracting. Note that, like some of the homes discussed here, the photo included in the story is of a Palama St. fence that has both Bainum and Hanneman signs up.

The story also mentions "a new type of 'roving' political sign that... could be creating a new chapter in Hawai'i's election handbook." They're 15 feet wide, and put out on major roads during rush hour, and packed back up and taken away afterward. It's an interesting way to skirt the "not on public property or rights-of-way" rule - the signs are not being held by a smiling waver, but rather guarded by a guy sitting in a nearby van.
          Perhaps most intriguing is that rather than promote a candidacy, they all criticize mayoral candidate and former city councilman Duke Bainum on various issues and allude to his family's wealth. A spokeswoman for former councilman Mufi Hannemann, Bainum's main rival in the mayor's race, said the Hannemann campaign is not responsible for the signs and doesn't know who is responsible.
          Of course not! The Hanneman campaign going negative? Never!

Comment

Re: Do you have political signs in front of your house?

I wouldn't mind campaign messages on trash bags filled with streetside opala awaiting pick up. Messages like: Mufi/Bainum (circle one) Cleaning up Oahu once and for all.

Or "This park cleaned with money from the X-campaign fund for Mayor."

Or some homeless guy holding up a sign on Vineyard and Liliha street intersection saying, "This tummy fed from money from the X-campaign fund."

Or stickers on books instead of bumper stickers on cars saying, "These library books purchased thru funds from the X-campaign."

Or how about, tonight's commercial-free presentation of Debbie Does Dallas is brought to you by Mufi for Mayor...One way or another you'll get a rise out of Mufi!"
            Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
              I wouldn't mind campaign messages on trash bags filled with streetside opala awaiting pick up. Messages like: Mufi/Bainum (circle one) Cleaning up Oahu once and for all.

Or "This park cleaned with money from the X-campaign fund for Mayor."

Or some homeless guy holding up a sign on Vineyard and Liliha street intersection saying, "This tummy fed from money from the X-campaign fund."

Or stickers on books instead of bumper stickers on cars saying, "These library books purchased thru funds from the X-campaign."

Or how about, tonight's commercial-free presentation of Debbie Does Dallas is brought to you by Mufi for Mayor...One way or another you'll get a rise out of Mufi!"
              I like your message. It is so different. It is so sensitive. I can feel it. Do you have some more? Can you share with us?
              I saw many time the homeless man holding a sign looking for a job at Vineyard/Liliha. The government said homeless does not want to work. They must be sitting in their air conditioned office doing surveys!
              If I am your Honolulu Mayor, I like to offer him a portable 10 x 10 homeless home, at corner of end of South King street/Liliha. The long oblong park before the housing units. It is not a freebie. He will be taking care of the Park, beautifying the park, managing the park with activities, such as open markets, after school activities, senior activities, etc.
              What do you think? I talked about city issues like these on Olelo channels
              52 53 54 55 56. Duration 6:30 a.m. to 11:30 p.m. Please check the TV log, if interested.
              Love, Lillian Hong
              P.S. He will be paid hourly wages by a local temperary service co. with city fund.

Comment

Originally posted by mel
                It still seems odd to me. You are either committed to one candidate or another, not 2, 3, 4 or 5, etc in the same race. You can only put 1 candidate into a particular office.
                At the houses that I've seen that has multiple candidate's signs on their fence, its because the fence area has a good viewing area for cars and people walking by the property.

At one house at the intersection of Paiwa St. and Farrington Hwy, they have all of the candidates running for the state house, govenor, and other seats. Some even put a pattern, saying Mufi, then Duke, then Mufi, etc.
                How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Stolen and defaced signs are a big problem this election year. I've seen spraypainted and torn Bainum signs on Dillingham more than once. But here's an interesting entry from HawaiiReporter.com on the Moses/Golojuch race in Kapolei.

Of course, considering the source, the Golojuchs are an obvious target. Still, I don't see how Mike Golojuch can justify this with a straight face. Hell, even if the Moses signs were in the wrong place, it's not the opposing candidate's job to enforce the law, and it's definitely theft if he's packin' 'em up and driving off with them.

Comment

IRT #1
                    Nope, no signs.

Comment

Working...
                    X