3 Strikes And Your Out!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 3 Strikes And Your Out!

What happened to letting judges do their job, which is to judge and to sentence? Seems like some folks think they can do a better job deciding criminals' punishments than the courts. Why is that?

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro
      What happened to letting judges do their job, which is to judge and to sentence? Seems like some folks think they can do a better job deciding criminals' punishments than the courts. Why is that?
      It came about as a consequence of the widespread belief in "liberal judges". Right wing crappola of course. Liberal is having separate "prisons" for white collar criminals who hurt millions IMO.
      “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
      http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

Originally posted by charm1110
        I don't think this type of legislation attacks the real problem which is that repeat offenders for these types of violent crimes are back on the streets usually on parole. I bet if we just did away with parole as on option on certain crimes and made them serve full sentences every time, the repeat rate would drop significantly which would also make a life sentence that much more of a deterrent.

Yes yes yes!!! I've always felt that way that we should just get rid of parole and sentence for life no matter how petty the crime. Who's to say five to ten is enough time to be rehabilitated for society to take you back.

Your release should be determined by your rehabilitation. If after five years in prison you still don't get it that murdering someone is a bad thing you need to stay in there a bit longer until you do get it.

If you look at Lady Justice holding the scales in one hand while being blindfolded you see how justice is laid out. Blind to subjectiveness and yet equal justice to both offender and victim. Fair is what this symbol of justice is supposed to mean.

If that's the case then why in the world do we have a parole system? Is the parole system balancing the cause and effect from the perpetrator and the victim? No once in prison the parole system is utilized only for the convict.

Okay so we have a problem with prison overpopulation. Hey if it means keeping violent criminals off the streets and behind bars, I'm all for spending my tax dollars to keep em locked up by building more and more prisons. At the same time make prison terms as hard labor. Meaning let the taxpayers get the benefit from their tax dollars feeding and housing these dredges of society.

I truly believe if criminals knew that their term in prison was indefinate, they would think twice about doing the crime. And if they don't get it after three convictions, the fourth won't make any difference...lock em up until they do get it and if that means forever...hey it's their choice.
        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

We have prison overcrowding because of our drug laws plain and simple. Very bad men are being released early to make room for folks convicted of marijuana offenses.
          “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
          http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
            I plead the 5th.
            You gotta wrench it outta kimo55's hands first.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
              If that's the case then why in the world do we have a parole system? Is the parole system balancing the cause and effect from the perpetrator and the victim? No once in prison the parole system is utilized only for the convict.
              Exactly Craig,
              Also what's wrong with, or inhumane about using hard labor as way to regain some value for our tax dollars. I would much rather pay for more guards to oversee work crews performing services in our local communites than paying for them to be shipped out of state only to come back with a worse attitude than when they left.
              Charm

Comment

Exactly Craig,
                Also what's wrong with, or inhumane about using hard labor as way to regain some value for our tax dollars. I would much rather pay for more guards to oversee work crews performing services in our local communites than paying for them to be shipped out of state only to come back with a worse attitude than when they left.
                Charm
                Is their a report or survey somewhere that shows it is a fact that "prisoners" who go out of state come back with a worse attitude than when they left? I surely am interested to see it.

Auntie Lynn
                Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Is their a report or survey somewhere that shows it is a fact that "prisoners" who go out of state come back with a worse attitude than when they left? I surely am interested to see it.

Auntie Lynn
                  I haven't heard of any report done on this however I do have a relative who was shipped to Texas and now his attitude is definitely worse than it was when he was here and his family could visit regularly especially since the one time his wife was able to make the trip he took gas from the guards for the week she was there. ( he thinks it's because she's haole/he's hawaiian)...

Comment

I haven't heard of any report done on this however I do have a relative who was shipped to Texas and now his attitude is definitely worse than it was when he was here and his family could visit regularly especially since the one time his wife was able to make the trip he took gas from the guards for the week she was there. ( he thinks it's because she's haole/he's hawaiian)...
                    So you based your first post on your relative's experience assuming all "Prisoners" in general come back with a "worse attitude than when they left?"

I find that not fair to the general population at all.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

So you based your first post on your relative's experience assuming all "Prisoners" in general come back with a "worse attitude than when they left?"

I find that not fair to the general population at all.

Auntie Lynn
                      Actually no the comment was not intended to lump all "Prisoners" into one collective category. I just meant to say that the possiblity does exist, that's not intended to say it doesn't exist here as well. I believe the problem to be solved is how to give the "Prisoner " the proper incentive not to be a repeat offender and am not sure if shipping them away will prove to be effective at that. Anyway thanks for the feedback it helps to think things through before we act or in this case speak

Comment

Actually no the comment was not intended to lump all "Prisoners" into one collective category. I just meant to say that the possiblity does exist, that's not intended to say it doesn't exist here as well. I believe the problem to be solved is how to give the "Prisoner " the proper incentive not to be a repeat offender and am not sure if shipping them away will prove to be effective at that. Anyway thanks for the feedback it helps to think things through before we act or in this case speak
                        Mahalo for the clarification Dear. I am a "Prisoner's Wahine" and if he was sent off to the mainland for his term of confinement and ever came back with an attitude you can be rest assured he would be met with a thousand WHACK WHACKS from ME and a bit more than that to make him come back to reality!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Working...
                        X