This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Re: Former DC Police chief coming to HPD?

Originally posted by Aaron S
    Whatever...you simply don't get it, will probably never get it and I am wasting
    my time trying to explain it to you.

That being said you don't know who I am or what I stand for. I've lived here
    my entire life and I don't intend to live anywhere else. Your closeminded,racist attitude is just like what I faced in high school here in Kona. The difference now versus then people like you are like flies on a window.. I just swat them if they become too annoying.

Oh I see, I'm the racist. Thats right. Just throw that label out. Make you feel better?

I have one question which I'm sure you will totally ignore.
    If anybody "born" in hawaii has "deep" connections to Hawaii, then what word would you use to describe the connection to Hawaii that Hawaiians have?

Deeper? Really Deep? Supadupa Deep? To da Penguin Bank Deep?

Really. Seriously. What word should we use?

My vocabulary is public school, so since you already kapu da word deep, I can't think of another word.

Leave a comment:

• Konaguy
    replied

Originally posted by kamuelakea
    Only one way 2 have a "DEEP" connection bruddah.. Hawaiian.

Being born here gives a birth certificate that says "Hawaii". Some connection I guess. But no "Deep" connection.

If your ancestors founded and defined the place that is Hawaii, you have a "deep" connection. If not, you juss visiting. And as sienfeld would say "not that there's anything wrong with that.."
    Whatever...you simply don't get it, will probably never get it and I am wasting
    my time trying to explain it to you.

That being said you don't know who I am or what I stand for. I've lived here
    my entire life and I don't intend to live anywhere else. Your closeminded,racist attitude is just like what I faced in high school here in Kona. The difference now versus then people like you are like flies on a window.. I just swat them if they become too annoying.

Leave a comment:

• craigwatanabe
    replied

Originally posted by Miulang
    No, not to replace the current police chief but as a regular patrol officer.. Charles Moose was the most public face during the DC sniper shootings a couple of years ago. If he joined your police force, I think some serious butt would get kicked.

Miulang

Getting back OT here...When I read the headline that HPD was going to get Moose...I had to do a double take when my first thought was, "Hey HPD's gonna get a mascot?" Then I read the byline...my bad

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Originally posted by timkona
    Who stole your crayons when you were young

im a little chagrined to say that it was likely an ass kicking bully redneck smartass over-achieving peckerwood sumbitch like myself at the tender age of 14

Sorry Kamuelakea. I apologize. And I blame it all on television.
    Brah, you gotta uze a word like "chagrined". Oohhhhh, geeev me da heeby geebiez.

Television and your beeg-head got you fantasizing again brah.

Scrawny buggah like you no match for any Hawaiian. Genetics brah. You going lose da 100 yard dash with any popolo and you going get pounded in a brawl with any polynesian brother. You also going looze da math quiz against one Japanee and you going looze ping pong against da pake.

Its just the way life is. Ask God why? I dunno.

For the record, I was born and raised here in Kona. Thus I have deep connection to Hawaii.
    Only one way 2 have a "DEEP" connection bruddah.. Hawaiian.

Being born here gives a birth certificate that says "Hawaii". Some connection I guess. But no "Deep" connection.

If your ancestors founded and defined the place that is Hawaii, you have a "deep" connection. If not, you juss visiting. And as sienfeld would say "not that there's anything wrong with that.."

Okay, now that Timkona and Aaron have destroyed this thread, back to da Moose.

I think Hawaii's state fish should be a Moose. Big antlers and all. Should be named after our heroic new local boy, Charlie Moose, da chief.

Back on topic.

Discuss.

Leave a comment:

• timkona
    replied

Who stole your crayons when you were young

im a little chagrined to say that it was likely an ass kicking bully redneck smartass over-achieving peckerwood sumbitch like myself at the tender age of 14

Sorry Kamuelakea. I apologize. And I blame it all on television.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Thats the difference between me and you. I still have hope..you don't it seems
    like. I see a problem, I try to think of solutions..its more beneficial than just
    bitching. Anyone can bitch...but what separates me from most people I try to
    think of solutions to the problem.
    You got me brah.

But only thing is I smile and I drink. I enjoy bitching about Hawaii. Hawaii is a funny place.

You gotta get to the point where you go beyond, concern, sadness, anger, denial, struggle, then to bitterness and resentment and off to where I am, ... the land of "I no ke-ah", its truly the Happiest Place On Earth, no offense Walt.

Leave a comment:

• Konaguy
    replied

You and me will be part of that group Aaron. We already there. And just think, another 30, 40, 50 years to go.
    Thats the difference between me and you. I still have hope..you don't it seems
    like. I see a problem, I try to think of solutions..its more beneficial than just
    bitching. Anyone can bitch...but what separates me from most people I try to
    think of solutions to the problem.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

In short I'm not going anywhere, unlike what you want me to do it seems. As I have gotten older, its not worth it to get angry over things. In other words I don't think about the states problems 24/7..I do think about solutions though regularly.. Like I asked before what have you done lately besides bitch bitch bitch bitch..
    Oh I forgot. Get one more group to add to the 1) Frustrated malahini and the 2) Gave up and left Malahini.

It's the "I geev up" group of apathetic old futs who sit at McDonalds ann juss complain.

You and me will be part of that group Aaron. We already there. And just think, another 30, 40, 50 years to go.

The Moose factor is the same as the Cynthia Mckinney(?sp) factor.

Stop me when I pass security and you're a racist.

Stop me from sneaking passed the guards and you hate my hair.

I sense the same opportunistic reverse racist in both of these people.

No way this guy wants to go through basic training and all the BS again. The chiefs and generals shake hands with the privates and eat a meal with them for the cameras, but they never join them in the trenches.

I still say he's looking for a payout of some sort. The leeward side is probably too hot for him and he's already planning his exit. Sell his house for 100% profit, tax free, take the profits and move to another non-black area on the mainland where he can fish for "racism".

This guy was the police chief in basically no-black portland, then in almost no-black Maryland and retires in nearly no-black Hawaii. He leaves lawsuits behind him everywhere he goes. Interesting? Maybe not to you.

I smell a fish,..... no I smell a fisherman fishing for a payout. Watchout HPD.

Leave a comment:

• Konaguy
    replied

Isn't it amusing how when you and Timkona whine about Hawaii, "the politics of no", bones, racism, Hawaiians, ..........................., that's all legitimate espression and discussion worthy of consideration by fellow posters. But if I complain, its, "who stole you crayons" cry baby.Funny, no?
    I laugh at you Aaron. You are in the same sure to be frustrated lot. Die angry or leave by choice. Thats what will happen to you. Seen it a million times.
    For the record, I was born and raised here in Kona. Thus I have deep connection to Hawaii. I've been to the mainland a half dozen times, but its not a place where I'd like to live.

That being said I'm intimately familiar on how things are done here. But nonetheless I stand by my opinion the politics of no is killing this state.
    Its very frustrating too reading very cynical posts by you. What you done
    lately to make a difference ? besides bashing anyone who has a suggestion.

In short I'm not going anywhere, unlike what you want me to do it seems.
    As I have gotten older, its not worth it to get angry over things. In other
    words I don't think about the states problems 24/7..I do think about solutions
    though regularly.. Like I asked before what have you done lately besides
    bitch bitch bitch bitch..

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

By far you are the most annoying, cynical person on HT. Who stole
    your crayons when you were young
    Isn't it amusing how when you and Timkona whine about Hawaii, "the politics of no", bones, racism, Hawaiians, ..........................., that's all legitimate espression and discussion worthy of consideration by fellow posters.

But if I complain, its, "who stole you crayons" cry baby.

Funny, no?

I laugh at you Aaron. You are in the same sure to be frustrated lot. Die angry or leave by choice. Thats what will happen to you. Seen it a million times.

Leave a comment:

• Konaguy
    replied

As far as your fantasies about Hawaii embracing outsider, keep fantasizing brah. You will either die a miserable Kona resident or you will leave Hawaii fed up with everything before you hit 50. Another guess of mine.

By far you are the most annoying, cynical person on HT. Who stole
    your crayons when you were young

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Originally posted by timkona
    Someone with no lifetime connections to the community is likely to be unbiased in the pursuit of justice. That in itself should be viewed as refreshing in Hawaii.

Imagine the experience someone like this will bring to the new recruits, and perhaps some vets, in HPD. And how could an outsider be any competition if we already have too many openings in the police force?

hahahahahahahahahahahhahhahha, wait, gotta catch my breath, hahahhahahahahhahahahahhaahahahah.

Timkona. How long you live Hawaii? You still dreaming brah. This is Hawaii. It is the land of "not you". An outsider with an objective perspective should be welcomed as a breath of fresh air who can help identify areas in need of improvement. YEAH RIGHT.

Brah, dis is Hawaii. Outsiders with experience, expertise and opinions will be run out of town before they catch a tan.

Bruddah Moose will become frustrated at that fact, then try to do what the chief is used to doing, then he will blame his inability to get anything done on racism against blacks, then he will sue and retire again.

That's my guess anyway.

As far as your fantasies about Hawaii embracing outsider, keep fantasizing brah. You will either die a miserable Kona resident or you will leave Hawaii fed up with everything before you hit 50. Another guess of mine.

Leave a comment:

• Miulang
    replied

Originally posted by D'Alani
    Then maybe no one should apply when they recruit and then the county might increase the salary to make it more lucrative. After all we all make our own choices in life.
    That's true, but many of the officers who are moving up here to better jobs would love to return to Hawai'i and their ohana (and would probably never have been forced to make that choice) if they were better compensated too, so I guess it's kinda a catch-22. I'd hate to think that Hawai'i will have to ultimately depend on recruits who have retired from other jurisdictions (and therefore already are collecting pensions to enhance the salaries they're getting from the HPD) for the majority of its staffing.

Miulang

Leave a comment:

• D'Alani
    replied

Originally posted by Miulang
    Maybe if your County could figure out a way to pay your officers what they truly are worth as protectors of your lives and property, more of them wouldn't be lured up here. It's tough being a public servant when you put your life on the line and then have to work overtime in order to support your family. Maybe the reason why so many on the force are tempted to do as the latest round of cops caught with their hand in the cookie jar is because they are having a tough time making it on their salaries. And please don't give me the argument that "well, everybody else has to make do with the piddly salaries they make in Hawai'i." Puh-leeze! Those other people are not always in mortal danger, working all hours of the day and night, either.

Miulang
    Then maybe no one should apply when they recruit and then the county might increase the salary to make it more lucrative. After all we all make our own choices in life.

Leave a comment:

• timkona
    replied

Someone with no lifetime connections to the community is likely to be unbiased in the pursuit of justice. That in itself should be viewed as refreshing in Hawaii.

Imagine the experience someone like this will bring to the new recruits, and perhaps some vets, in HPD. And how could an outsider be any competition if we already have too many openings in the police force?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X