Advertiser duped?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Advertiser duped?

Well, if you start turning over rocks in this town, there's no telling what you'll find!

Comment

Originally posted by agovgal
      Well, if you start turning over rocks in this town, there's no telling what you'll find!
      Speaking of which, you've never answered the first of these two questions, only the second:
      Originally posted by poinographer
      So, agovgal, are you (as your pseud implies) a government employee? An appointee of the Lingle administration, perhaps?

Comment

Agovgal responded:
        btw, not a lingle appointee. not the only one shaking my head about this either.
        So is Agovegal "a gov gal"? Does it really matter? Seems a good debate can be sparked by the questions raised, and this group is certainly not one to accept every conspiracy theory offered. Agovgal may ultimately find the accusation of an "election year witch hunt" by The Honolulu Advertiser outright debunked.

Someone's credibility is certainly bolstered by full disclosure, but I wouldn't expect everyone here to post their CVs in their profiles, either. The value of someone's contributions can also be weighed by the overall balance of substance (or entertainment provided). Time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
          Agovgal responded: "btw, not a lingle appointee. not the only one shaking my head about this either."
          Which is why I noted that the FIRST question was still unanswered...

So is Agovegal "a gov gal"? Does it really matter?
          In this particular discussion, enough people have wondered about Agovgal's employment that I would say "yes, it matters."

Someone's credibility is certainly bolstered by full disclosure
          The fact that the question has been posed and answering has been sidestepped already damages Agovgal's credibility and value. If I started posting messages giving great praise to some Island musician (since you know I write music reviews), and you had good reason to believe I might have a financial interest in their career or album sales, how would you feel if I refused to disclose that fact? Would you not be suspicious of my motives, no matter how enlightening or entertaining my writing may be?

Comment

Okay, you got me. YES, i'm a government employee. I'm a Widget Counter Step III in the Department of Nothing Changes. Here in the belly of the beast, we ponder many things while trying not to go insane while counting our widgets and our days left until retirement.

Comment

Okay, you got me. YES, i'm a government employee. I'm a Widget Counter Step III in the Department of Nothing Changes. Here in the belly of the beast, we ponder many things while trying not to go insane while counting our widgets and our days left until retirement.
              I knew it! You're Governor Linda Lingle!

Auntie pUpUle

(I miss my button! HAHAHAHAHA)

btw: Gaya says Aloha! Welcome to HT!
              Last edited by 1stwahine; April 28, 2006, 11:38 AM.
              Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
              Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Now, THAT's more like it! We KNEW the immense power of HawaiiThreads would force you into submission, and make you confess all your sins.
                Don't screw with us, that's all I can say.

Comment

I dunno if there's anything really ethically wrong with the Guv's little Asian junket, but I do know that the best way to find all the cockaroaches, scorpions and centipedes that might be hiding under the rocks in government is to have a government worker who is having doubts about the ethics or motives of someone or some entity express those doubts to a hungry investigative reporter on a slow news day...

Miulang
                  "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio
                    Now, THAT's more like it! We KNEW the immense power of HawaiiThreads would force you into submission, and make you confess all your sins.
                    Don't screw with us, that's all I can say.
                    Geez, I hope you're being sarcastic.

Comment

Well what do you know?

"Saundra Keyes, editor of The Advertiser since December 2000, is leaving the newspaper to accept a journalism professorship at the University of Nevada, Reno.

She will be replaced by Managing Editor Mark Platte, who joined The Advertiser in November 2000 and has served in the newsroom's No. 2 position since 2004."

I have no doubt that this is the beginning of a bright new era of informed, intelligent and fearless journalism at "Hawaii's Newspaper."

Tee-hee! Cannonball!

Stay classy, Honolulu!

Comment

Originally posted by Palolo Joe
                        Geez, I hope you're being sarcastic.
                        Geez, I hope you're being sarcastic about his being sarcastic!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui
                          Geez, I hope you're being sarcastic about his being sarcastic!
                          Geez, I hope sarcasm has no calories.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio
                            Geez, I hope sarcasm has no calories.
                            Scarcasm has no calories. heheheh

btw" I featured the article you sent me the other day in my Blog. I, too hope one day our newspapers will feature a section for a Blogger.

Mahalo,

Auntie Lynn
                            Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                            Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

It got overshadowed by all the bills being debated in conference committees yesterday, but the Lege has passed a resolution asking the Ethics Commission to "review" the way the Lingle administration solicited sponsors for the trade missions.

My blog post about it is here.

Comment

Originally posted by TuNnL
                                Actually, Gannett owns The Advertiser and has for some time. It continues to make bank by staying away from the controversial stories that businesses advertising in their pages would frown on.

So please, let’s stop with the conspiracy theories and revisionist history baloney, kamuelakea. Everybody knows it was the malihini businessman who started and controlled The Honolulu Advertiser from the very beginning. The Honolulu Star-Bulletin was the voice of the plantation democrats.
                                Speaking only for myself, I just had to chime in and say I have never joined or affiliated with a political party (and won't). Anybody who thinks that because I write for the Star-Bulletin, I would knowingly forward the agenda of a plantation Democrat (or any other political entity) is WRONG.
                                I know a lot less than what there is to be known.

Comment

Working...
                                X