Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What's up with Djou?

Originally posted by pzarquon
    Perhaps the G.O.P. saw the writing on the wall, and let him "decline the never-offered offer" for Coffee's spot on the ballot in advance?
    This theory was also posted earlier by yours truly in the Thielen vs. Akaka thread.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
    USA TODAY, page 2A
    11 March 1993

Comment

I've met with Djou a couple of times and he is completely honest, and straightforward, and very intelligent. And patriotic to be putting his life on the line for his country as an Army Reserve Officer. We all like to rag on politicians, but I can tell you it's not an easy job. There are a lot of "young guns" in the Council now and they are a welcome change. It's the "old boy" network (mostly Democrats with plenty ethics violations) that needs to be gotten rid of.

Comment

He's also Thielen's campaign manager (keeping his face in front of potential voters if he decides to run for Congress in 2008 is always a good idea). Is Djou part of the "new" old boys network (since he's been in office and just won an uncontested race for City Council) or a part of the "old" old boys network?

Miulang
        "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang View Post
          "He's also Thielen's campaign manager (keeping his face in front of potential voters if he decides to run for Congress in 2008 is always a good idea)."
          I suppose being ambitious has it's drawbacks. Isn't that why the Roman Senators killed Julius Caesar?

Comment

Originally posted by tracksuporter View Post
            Isn't that why the Roman Senators killed Julius Caesar?
            Nah - they did it so Shakespeare would have something to write about.

Comment

What’s really sad is that two months after a thorough federal investigation of his corruption claims which cost taxpayers million$, Djou is still offering up sour grapes. His apology came with conditions then, and now it appears he is no longer even sorry.
              “I wished there could’ve been a third-party review of this whole thing that did not get caught up in the legal minutiae, which I again respect,” Djou said. “In my opinion, they did not look at the substance of what had happened. Instead, they looked at the technical aspect of it.”

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
              USA TODAY, page 2A
              11 March 1993

Comment

I think Djou is one of those idealistic guys who takes his Republican conservative values seriously. Don't know a lot about the guy or his past but I do like his "No new taxes" stance on everything. That is one consistant thing I do remember about him.

Comment

Dave Shapiro jabs at Djou after his latest spotlight-snaring schtick relating to noisy chickens.
                  Djou, considered one of the more promising young Republicans, has a history of political timidity... Djou's TV ads in his 2006 council race encouraged voters to remember his name. Remember what, that talk is cheap?

Comment

i doubt what i'll have to say here will have much weight with anyone because i'm forced to be a little vague here, but i'm with WORN on the slimeball thing.

what backs it up is that i worked in a small law firm where two of the three partners had previously worked at a prominent honolulu firm with Djou when he was merely an attorney. we'll call those two John and Bob, for ease. additionally, the other legal assistant--let's call her Jane--in our small firm had worked, along with John and Bob, at the same firm that Djou had been. i will make the proper disclaimer and say that i respected and shared many of the opinions that John and Bob had (in fact, Bob has since taken on a position in a certain branch of state govt and i still agree with many of his positions).

anyway, when djou had just won his first political position, jane, john and bob all had a conversation as to whether they were going to the congrats party their former firm was throwing for him. the consensus was that, "we don't really want to go; he's a bit of a prick, but we should go anyway."

i can appreciate and respect republicans--my close friends are not exclusively limited to democrats or liberals, by any means--but i can't stand pricks.
                    superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Djou's discussion of suit prompts ethics complaint
                      Councilman Rod Tam filed a complaint with the city Ethics Commission this week, saying Councilman Charles Djou violated the ethics law by disclosing details on a pending lawsuit to the media for his personal political gain. [...] "It was at the city's best interest that it would be a closed meeting," Tam said yesterday. "Charles Djou talked to the press for political purposes. Everyone knows that Charles Djou just wants to have his name in the paper."

Comment

OH PUHLEEEAZE!!
                        Years ago when I was a reporter at The Advertiser, on general assignment on SATURDAYS, I made the huge mistake of telling Rod Tam, who I think was then a Rep., to send out releases or have events on Saturdays to generate buzz. Every Saturday he'd load our fax with mindless matter. He was a total press orewh. Now the guy thinks he deserves a free daily lunch. Now he's trying to shift the investigative spotlight on CDjou. I think CDjou is dangerously squeaky clean, but I actually trust the guy. As far as this little spat goes, I say bring it on Rod! I just can't see anything coming out of Tam's office that would substantially stain Djou.
                        Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

What's up with Djou? Bruddah's on MySpace. I guess the good thing about a dark blue on blue layout is that it's hard to read. Top friends include "U.S. ARMY," "U.S. Soldiers Tribute," and "Support Rudy." Sigh.

"Watchdog of your Tax Dollars"? More like watchdog of the latest trends, polls, and the nearest news crew.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
                            What's up with Djou? Bruddah's on MySpace. I guess the good thing about a dark blue on blue layout is that it's hard to read. Top friends include "U.S. ARMY," "U.S. Soldiers Tribute," and "Support Rudy." Sigh.

"Watchdog of your Tax Dollars"? More like watchdog of the latest trends, polls, and the nearest news crew.
                            My first hearty laugh of the day, what Ryan you going add him? I wait for you...

EDIT ADD: I just received a Friend's Request from Charles Djou. I did as I do for those I don't know my customary message of "What's good with you?"
                            Last edited by infinitypro; October 3, 2007, 04:44 PM. Reason: Friend Request.
                            ___
                            "Be god to each other."

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
                              Your friend Donna, 808 Talk and Lost Fans are there. I like Charles. Wasn't aware of his my space page until now.
                              I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

i just heard Charles D Jou will Run for congress.

hi this is sansei and i just heard on kssk that Charles D Jou will Run for congress in 2010 is he charles say's they need a level head in congress in washington and he wouldnt be a good candidate is remember when Ed Case ran and lost,the same thing's going to happen to him is he always comment's on the news about mostly everything with what the mayor or city council does and that make's him a not good candidate and if Ed Case run's,i'd vote for him is he's much more level headed than Charles D Jou.

Well thank's for your time

Comment

Working...
                                X