Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 60,000 new homes for Oahu by 2020

Originally posted by TuNnL
    I consider my apartment my apartment. Period. One day, I would like to own a home. But with the cost of housing being what it is, that is unlikely, unless I change careers.
    So then when you get off work... do you say "I'm going home for the day" or do you say "I'm going Apartment for the day?"

I guess by your definition... then I'm one of the "Homeless" that needs shelter too!
    Last edited by damontucker; September 19, 2006, 03:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TuNnL
      I consider my apartment my apartment. Period. One day, I would like to own a home. But with the cost of housing being what it is, that is unlikely, unless I change careers.

Coming from someone who owns a home, as in HOUSE, let me tell you it's not all it's cracked up to be. Enjoy your apartment living. Man, I used to pay less than $400 a month to rent an apartment in Hollywood...those were the days
      http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
      Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
      Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

Originally posted by tikiyaki
        Coming from someone who owns a home, as in HOUSE, let me tell you it's not all it's cracked up to be. Enjoy your apartment living. Man, I used to pay less than $400 a month to rent an apartment in Hollywood...those were the days
        But tiki... if your house is paid off... it must be nice owning?

I mean the amount some of us pay for rent on Oahu...is the same amount many home "owners" are paying on their mortgages.... at least those that own will eventually own...those that rent...will never own.

Actually, more often then less...depending on what you put down on your house and when purchased.... I see people paying 3 - 4 times the rent then what Home owners pay...for just a monthly mortgage.

I know this from personal experience... as I'm currently renting a house on the big island (of course I inherited the mortgage on it as well or lose the house completely...however, making lemonade out of lemons... I rent it for much more than the mortgage) I end up making much more off the rent then I am from what I pay for the mortgage.... the key is to find good tenants willing to maintain and treat your property with respect...It also helps if you know them intitially.

Money is to be made in Rentals!!! I'm telling you!

Comment

Working...
        X