• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Thielen vs. Akaka

AKAKA, Daniel K. (D): 210,310 60.3%
    THIELEN, Cynthia (R): 126,075 36.1%
    MALLAN, Lloyd Jeffrey (L): 6,411 1.8%

As Cynthia Thielen gets back to her regular gig, she posts a note of thanks to her blog:
    I owe so much to my family and supporters who helped me win more votes than any Republican since statehood, who challenged a democrat running for reelection to the United States Senate... We started our campaign for U.S. Senate on September 25. with no money, no office, no campaign materials. And our inexperienced, but strong and dedicated family group, pulled off amazing results in just six weeks. The people heard my call to move our nation off dependency on foreign oil and to develop our nation’s clean and safe renewable energy. Voters responded, and I am grateful for their support.

Comment

I wonder how Ed Case would have done against Thielen.
      But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
      GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
        I wonder how Ed Case would have done against Thielen.
        Thielen would never have been chosen if Case had won. The GOP nod would have gone to Kawananakoa.

Comment

Originally posted by John Maple View Post
          Thielen would never have been chosen if Case had won. The GOP nod would have gone to Kawananakoa.
          I doubt it. Kawananakoa made it public at the beginning of the campaign that he wouldn’t run against Akaka, and I’m sure his campaign people expected Dan to win. Quentin has already backed out of one race and lost another, so the stakes were higher. And if he was willing, I guarantee you the Republican Party would have chose him over Thielen, even to face the elder statesman. Like someone said earlier, take the race card out of the equation. Insiders say Micah Kane was a finalist. They were looking for a Hawaiian either way.
          Last edited by TuNnL; November 13, 2006, 01:29 AM. Reason: clarification

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
          USA TODAY, page 2A
          11 March 1993

Comment

I meant to write this sooner but work has been busy. Here is my take on how the Republicans blew it on the HI Senate race big-time. Not to win here, but use HI to win in VA and MT.

My blog - Political Geniuses my ass (comments very welcome on my blog)

take care - dave

Comment

Working...
            X