X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hawaii Speed Law (trap)

Originally posted by Brandon007 View Post
    25mph over the limit
    LOL-due process for an infraction seems overboard.

So where exactly was that fire you were headed to? Or was it because your bladder was on the verge of bursting?

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

25mph over the limit
      Good thing it's not 2007 yet, and good thing you weren't going 30 mph over the speed limit:

http://starbulletin.com/2006/05/27/news/story01.html

Comment

About 7 years ago I was driving up Palani Road home. There was a car that
        was tailgating me, hence I pulled off into Kealakehe subdivision. That same car
        continued to follow me, so I got freaked out. I made a U turn and got back
        on to Palani Road. That same car still is following me.

I enter the first entrance to Kealakeke, with the same car following me. I
        end up going up the road that exits through the second entrance to
        Kealakehe. At this time I pull off on the side of the road to grab my cel phone.
        I see this blue light in my rear view mirror.

This cop comes up to my window as says "Aaron, you've been drinking."
        Bear in mind I was wearing a security guard uniform.Anyway as it turned
        out (adding more salt to the wounds), the cop was a former classmate of
        mine. But on the flip side, he got a lot of egg on his face, as 7 cops showed
        up. He thought I was a burglar staking out the area.

Anyway, long story short, he cited me for failure to signal (A 45.00 citation).
        I ended up going up to court the next day and foolishly paid the citation.
        I did see the police major for our district AFTER I paid the citation. But
        there was very little he could do as I already paid it.
        Check out my blog on Kona issues :
        The Kona Blog

Comment

Do the police cars have to have dimmed lights if they are on the shoulder of a highway for safety reasons?
          I doubt it. From what I've heard they do have to be in the clear if they are looking for speeders. I think it's to insure that there's nothing that could interfere with the radar/laser gun and cause false readings.

Comment

Originally posted by GeckoGeek View Post
            From what I've heard they do have to be in the clear if they are looking for speeders.
            Nope. HPD can, and often does, employ some dirty tactics to "catch" speeding motorists.

I got tagged by a solo bike cop a couple of years ago in Kailua... 33 in a 25. The guy had parked his motorcycle behind a hedge on a blind corner and was crouched down, his hand peeking out far enough to gun passing cars.

I didn't see him until I was passing him, and I wondered what the hell a cop was doing hiding in the bushes.

Then he hopped on his bike, lit up his lights, and pulled me over. Was a real douchebag about it, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang View Post
              So where exactly was that fire you were headed to? Or was it because your bladder was on the verge of bursting?

Miulang
              I was disoriented coming down that mountain from mauna kea. sheez! its required to acclimate going up, we need a place to chill coming down for god sakes!

and there was no one insight that I could have possibly harmed! argh!
              "slow down, we're trying to save lives" - we're trying to steal your money

Comment

Originally posted by Palolo Joe View Post
                Nope. HPD can, and often does, employ some dirty tactics to "catch" speeding motorists.

I got tagged by a solo bike cop a couple of years ago in Kailua... 33 in a 25. The guy had parked his motorcycle behind a hedge on a blind corner and was crouched down, his hand peeking out far enough to gun passing cars.

I didn't see him until I was passing him, and I wondered what the hell a cop was doing hiding in the bushes.

Then he hopped on his bike, lit up his lights, and pulled me over. Was a real douchebag about it, too.
                Yeah, I guess using covert tactics in police work is unethical, but it still can be a starting question whether or not its legal.

I just got back from Kona..goodnight! Thanks for the discussion, keep dem comin

Comment

My friend ran away from a cop once speeding up Red Hill. He was cited and arrested for exceeding 100mph. He could have gotten a warning BUT he decided to be a jerk and make the officer mad.

Moral of the story is: Never P-O a Major if you are only Sargent!

(yes cops do get tickets!)

Comment

Working...
                  X