Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New smoking ban

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
    Actually that would be a cool name to have...
    I'd rather have "4 out of 5 doctors". Think of all the money I could get from endorsements.

Comment

Originally posted by GeckoGeek View Post
      I'd rather have "4 out of 5 doctors". Think of all the money I could get from endorsements.
      Yeah but think of the liability.

Getting back OT...why can't they make a cigarette that acts like an inhaler? You don't have to light one up, just exhale thru your nose to filter out the scent.
      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

I had a doctor tell me to quit smoking. I said "why on earth would I want to do that" and laughed. Then she started saying health this and health that. That I could use the money I saved on some gay ass running shoes and could become a health nut. Blah blah blah, the same tired lines also. So I responded by saying " If I wanted to hear preaching, I'd go to church". Then she shut up about it. Time to find the one in ten doctors that smoke for my doctor.

Comment

Originally posted by AlohaKine View Post
          I had a doctor tell me to quit smoking. I said "why on earth would I want to do that" and laughed. Then she started saying health this and health that. That I could use the money I saved on some gay ass running shoes and could become a health nut. Blah blah blah, the same tired lines also. So I responded by saying " If I wanted to hear preaching, I'd go to church". Then she shut up about it. Time to find the one in ten doctors that smoke for my doctor.
          So keep smoking and die.

In my line of work we call your attitude "job security."

End of story. Merry Aloha!

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
            Yeah but think of the liability.
            For what? You can be liable for just recommending something? It's the advertisers that are misleading you by using my name.

Comment

• Originally posted by WindwardOahuRN View Post
              So keep smoking and die.

Ban a laugh and a smile. That would make life rather boring- yah. Smoked 4 at the bar last night, feels good. Had to take a little shit, when the last guy left ( other than me ) , all the staff lite up - cool.

There's talk of banning cellphones on the bus. The people that push this never rest. Now it's your rights.

Originally posted by WindwardOahuRN View Post
              So keep smoking and die.

I am going to die some day. NOOOOOO. Please Lord, NO.

If I don't smoke I'll live for ever, never feel pain and never die - right. If you could have talked to my grandfather, spent 10 years in a nursing home with the horrible pains of bone cancer, nothing to do with smoking. His mind still worked and he can feel it all. For 10 years of pain. Even morphine can't take it away. A non-smoker. What a deal.

Guess he was the measure of the antis ideal man.

Comment

This law well soon be in the news again. Things are a brewing -trust me.

Comment

Originally posted by AlohaKine View Post
                  This law well soon be in the news again. Things are a brewing -trust me.
                  If you smokers get your day in court, are you willing to concede if the court rules against you? Or are you guys going to continue to defy the law?

Miulang
                  "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang View Post
                    If you smokers get your day in court, are you willing to concede if the court rules against you? Or are you guys going to continue to defy the law?
                    Hey, he doesn't need to go to court --- he's got US! The High Court of HT. We can be judge, jury, and ... well, as a smoker, he gets to be his own executioner.

Comment

Nice to see people from the mainland judging those of us here in Hawaii. Amazing.

Getting back on-topic...

AlohaKine isn't the only one starting to defy the new law. I've seen people light up after asking those around them if it's okay.

Last weekend, I was in a bar filled with smokers... once they figured out there were no non-smokers among them, a few started to light up.

Nobody said a word.

Comment

I'm glad we have people on the mainland that care enough about the people of Hawaii to express there thoughts and ideas to those of us here in Hawaii.

If more people thought the same way... we would probably have less racist people in the world.

Thank you Miulang and others on the mainland that participate here on HT!

I learn a lot from you guys... I don't always agree... but I do learn things.

Back to the subject....

I'm amazed that Bars don't sell like a temporary 3 hour patch or something... or if the makers of Nicoderm are listening... maybe they should create a temporary 3-4 hour patch! They could sell it for the price of say of a half pack of cigarettes at bars and restaraunts!

Sounds like a great invention.... the temporary Nicotine patch!

Anyone got any financial backing????

We call the thing the "Tempotine" (Temporary/Nicotine)

Yeah their is gum out there.... but who wants to chew gum at a bar when your drinking and who wants to chew gum when your at a restaraunt eating.

BTW - Working on my 4th week Smoke free!!!!!!

Comment

It's a sad time when mainland transplants think they speak for everyone else.

As I said before, it looks like more bars are starting to look the other way when it comes to enforcing the law.

People are considerate towards each other, but it's good to see smokers standing up for themselves.

The law needs to be repealed. It's up to each business to decide if it wants to allow smoking or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang View Post

Miulang
                            I don't think the courts care. But if it can get stopped there than good, if not the struggle will never cease. It's the legistalure that has to answer to upset patrons, free thinking citizens, employees, and owners.

Comment

Originally posted by Palolo Joe View Post
                              It's a sad time when mainland transplants think they speak for everyone else.

As I said before, it looks like more bars are starting to look the other way when it comes to enforcing the law.

People are considerate towards each other, but it's good to see smokers standing up for themselves.

The law needs to be repealed. It's up to each business to decide if it wants to allow smoking or not.
                              I agree, the form and content of this law comes from the mainland with a few on island anti boots on the ground helping them.
                              On Saturday, when the last non-smoker left, myself, another patron, the owner, and all the staff except one, lit up near closing time. Looks like alot of people don't like bars "smoke free".

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123 View Post
                                I'm glad we have people on the mainland that care enough about the people of Hawaii to express there thoughts and ideas to those of us here in Hawaii.

If more people thought the same way... we would probably have less racist people in the world.

Thank you Miulang and others on the mainland that participate here on HT!

I learn a lot from you guys... I don't always agree... but I do learn things.

Back to the subject....

I'm amazed that Bars don't sell like a temporary 3 hour patch or something... or if the makers of Nicoderm are listening... maybe they should create a temporary 3-4 hour patch! They could sell it for the price of say of a half pack of cigarettes at bars and restaraunts!

Sounds like a great invention.... the temporary Nicotine patch!

Anyone got any financial backing????

We call the thing the "Tempotine" (Temporary/Nicotine)

Yeah their is gum out there.... but who wants to chew gum at a bar when your drinking and who wants to chew gum when your at a restaraunt eating.

BTW - Working on my 4th week Smoke free!!!!!!
                                Interesting thought. Did you know that the Big drug companies that market this crap, secretly pay departments of health and anti-smoking organisions through "grants", as well as making political contributions to state legistlators. Want the money guys, push a strict ban.

Make smokers feel like shit - get lots of money. What a nasty scam.

Comment

Working...
                                X