• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New smoking ban

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
    New tobacco product alarms some health officials

Full story here.
    To me it is kind of funny. The people that make their living stealing off the master settlement agreement are dancing for joy. Time to lay it on 'em. They exist by most folks not being aware of this. Things need to change.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
      Actually, Amati, I believe what Tim is saying is that anyone who was or is a user of any addictive substance has no place condemning anyone else who uses any addictive substance, be it drugs (legal and not), tobacco or alcohol. Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.
      Whew, glad my interpertation of KT's posting was wrong.

Originally posted by timkona View Post
      Very good Leo.

I may be reaching here, but, Amati, do you smoke ciggy's?

Ask anybody. I'm all FOR smokers rights. Including in bars. But I do not smoke ciggy's myself.
      No cigars for me, I like having kissable breath. Wonder if there are statistics on the willingness of non-smokers to date/mate a smoker? Maybe I'll try my first HT poll on it, if I can figure out how to do it.

UPDATE: OK, I'm back .... I just made a thread and poll, "Does being a smoker lessen the dating pool".
      Last edited by Amati; November 23, 2008, 11:42 PM. Reason: UPDATED POSTING
      Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Amati, ciggy's refers to cigarrettes, not cigars. I take it, if you like having kissable breath, that you do NOT smoke cigarrettes. Because to say you like having kissable breath, AND you smoke cigarrettes, is cognitive dissonance at its finest.
        FutureNewsNetwork.com
        Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Amati, ciggy's refers to cigarrettes, not cigars. I take it, if you like having kissable breath, that you do NOT smoke cigarrettes. Because to say you like having kissable breath, AND you smoke cigarrettes, is cognitive dissonance at its finest.
          I'm a total non-smoker. Like I said, I like having kissable breath.

But, I will admit that I don't know all the cigarette terms, hopefully my lack of knowledge on terms hasn't resulted in any posting on my part that seemed too ..... clouded by smoke.
          Last edited by Amati; November 24, 2008, 10:28 AM.

Comment

My girlfriend smokers and her mouth is very kissable.

Comment

Originally posted by AlohaKine View Post
              My girlfriend smokers and her mouth is very kissable.
              Yeah, we can all assume that a smoker would not mind kissing another smoker. The question I posted was if a non-smoker would want to kiss (well, actually date I think it was) a smoker.

Is it worth eliminating the other 75% of the population [meaning non-smokers] as a potential date because you want to smoke? The non-smoker + smoker mix might work out for guys like Johnny Depp, but for the average guy, I wonder. So far the poll is saying "no" for most part of non-smokers wanting to date a smoker.

Supposedly smoking also can cause impotence. Women, knowing that, how do you feel about marriage to a guy who by middle age might have problems in the bedroom due to smoking? This might be thought for another poll!

Comment

What is more dangerous to a nation?

A President who can't pronounce nuclear

- or -

A President who hasn't had a smoke in 48 hours? .
                Oh, Tim, that is too easy! A President who cannot pronounce nucular. Stupid is as stupid does (Forrest Gump).
                Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

there doesnt seem to be many pics of obama smoking..... this is the one that is most common. of course their ar many photoshopped ones out there and they are pretty obvious. this one seems kinda old.
                  it is not an attractive look.
                  the bigger the government the smaller the citizen.

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
                    A President who cannot pronounce nucular.
                    A dangerous comparison, though, as President Carter (who studied Nuclear Engineering) made the same mispronunciation.

Comment

These draconic smoking bans of the past few years are really shining light on the difficulties of enforcement and economic hardship caused by bar smoking bans. Just a couple weeks ago between 1500 and 5000 cafe and bar owners took to the streets in the Netherlands to protest their smoking ban. They say they lost 1/3 of their business and now many defy it in spite of fines up to 18,500 euros.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp...u-g3vkNyxnWHAg

Here in Hawaii I see more and more defience, in particular because of the bad economy which bars can't do anything about combined with a business lowering smoking ban which they CAN do something about.

Comment

Originally posted by AlohaKine View Post
                        economic hardship caused by bar smoking bans..
                        AK there has been study after study that show that smoking bans DO NOT cause economic hardship when the ban is universal and enforced evenly. In fact some establishments (including bars) that permitted smoking before the ban have seen their business INCREASE after the ban because they could now attract non-smokers who are the majority of the consumers.

Your argument is a non-sequitur.
                        Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

I don't want the President having a NicFit in the White House. Let Ol' Bammy smoke, and leave him alone about it.
                          FutureNewsNetwork.com
                          Energy answers are already here.

Comment

I don't want the President having a NicFit in the White House. Let Ol' Bammy smoke, and leave him alone about it.
                            If he quits before moving in, the chances of such a fit are decreased. Having said that, however, I'd be okay with him smoking in parts of the living quarters of the White House. Hey - it's a tough job, as W. liked to remind us.

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
                              AK there has been study after study that show that smoking bans DO NOT cause economic hardship when the ban is universal and enforced evenly. In fact some establishments (including bars) that permitted smoking before the ban have seen their business INCREASE after the ban because they could now attract non-smokers who are the majority of the consumers.

Your argument is a non-sequitur.
                              Study after study by the anti-smoking lobby and their allies. What do you expect. It's a $900 million dollar a year industry in the US to be an anti. Fact is that liquor sales accross the board for bars are down. Fact is tourism state is down. In the first few months when all bars "played alone", 85% reported a loss of business - it averaged -37%. As soon as some places let people again, locals came back and people had choices.

I spend as much now as ever, I just spend it at the "right" places. In fact an unenforced ban that has choices for both sides of the issue may actually be good for business in the long run. Unfortunately our visitors are often unaware of this choice.

Comment

I don't think that a president smoking a cigarette is nearly as offensive as what one past president did with an unlit cigar.
                                Well, I assume it was unlit.....

Comment

Working...
                                X