Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New smoking ban

Originally posted by AlohaKine View Post
    Study after study by the anti-smoking lobby and their allies. What do you expect. It's a $900 million dollar a year industry in the US to be an anti..
    Oeiaue! Believe what you want...it's your funeral. Just don't demand that I go with you. Smoking bans in public places including businesses are good and need to be enforced. It's a public health issue, particularly for those who work in those establishments.
    Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
      Smoking bans in public places including businesses are good and need to be enforced. It's a public health issue, particularly for those who work in those establishments.
      Well said! I agree wholeheartedly.

Comment

It's going to kill you, yah right. 'Heart Attacks can fall 40%" in the community said the American Heart Association's PAID lobbyist in testimony at the legislature- just "ban it in bars", it'll happen. Truth is it actually went up.

Biased and unscientific this second hand smoke thing was in federal court wasn't it, appealled on petty jurisdiction issues not because it wasn't a biased fraud.

Now some folks are sincere about not liking tobacco smoke, which I can understand. That is why we only want a FEW bars where our people can hang out. We WANT to leave you alone. Our consenting adults - our private property.

What's so wrong with that? Funny I didn't see you calling the police on the private cigar party held in on private bar property downtown at $60 per person. Nobody called the cops because people wanted to be there, spent 60 hard earned dollars just to be at the cigar event. All the Staff there smoked and thought is was really cool. The only person that worked there that was a non-smoker was the co-owner who actively promoted the event and thought is was wonderful.

Consenting Adults, Private Property!!! People come there just for that. What's wrong with that??!!
        Last edited by AlohaKine; December 15, 2008, 07:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Enamorada View Post
          Well said! I agree wholeheartedly.
          Untill your beloved "progressive" legislature bans your plate lunch which was attempted last year. If you forget your smelly old tote bag at a grocery store you better have a lot of hands to carry with because no more free baggies. Untill they ban people that are overweight from restuarants which was introduced in Missisippi for the first time this year and had co-sponsers. Untill they ban drive throughs at restaurants like one California community already did and others are now considering - says it is the cause of global warming. Yah, what percent of it? 0.0000001%, maybe. In southern L.A. they now have banned any new fast food restaurants. The rationale is that in poor communities people should reach for higher quality and higher end more "healthy" food instead. They are saddened that there is no Ruth Chris or Olive Garden in Watts or Compton. No Ruth Chris in Compton? - CRY JUSTICE!! The people in those communties should eat the same "good" food as upscale liberals do in their minds. Could it be that there is a very limited market there for those types of places in a depressed community? How many folks below the poverty line are regulars at Ruth Chris at $100 for two oz. of food? Michael Savage says extreme liberalism such as this is "mental disorder".

The exact same "hearts and minds" that pass bans pass all of this same sh*t as well.

Now don't get me wrong, there are some moderate Democrats that favor reasonable and balanced legislation. Unfortunately for the most part they tend to NOT be those that lead the Democratic party of Hawaii at this time.
          Last edited by AlohaKine; December 15, 2008, 07:56 AM.

Comment

Here Here....what Alohakine said.
            FutureNewsNetwork.com
            Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Silence is death. The other side of the issue has been pushing and screaming about their agenda for several decades now, non-stop.

Comment

Silence is death.
                ??????????? Smoking is death! Breathing second hand smoke is death!

The other side of the issue has been pushing and screaming about their agenda for several decades now, non-stop.
                And will continue to do so. Unfortunately, all the smokers will eventually die off.
                Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

It's going to kill you, yah right. 'Heart Attacks can fall 40%" in the community said the American Heart Association's PAID lobbyist in testimony at the legislature- just "ban it in bars", it'll happen. Truth is it actually went up.

Biased and unscientific this second hand smoke thing was in federal court wasn't it, appealled on petty jurisdiction issues not because it wasn't a biased fraud.

Now some folks are sincere about not liking tobacco smoke, which I can understand. That is why we only want a FEW bars where our people can hang out. We WANT to leave you alone. Our consenting adults - our private property.

What's so wrong with that? Funny I didn't see you calling the police on the private cigar party held in on private bar property downtown at $60 per person. Nobody called the cops because people wanted to be there, spent 60 hard earned dollars just to be at the cigar event. All the Staff there smoked and thought is was really cool. The only person that worked there that was a non-smoker was the co-owner who actively promoted the event and thought is was wonderful.

Consenting Adults, Private Property!!! People come there just for that. What's wrong with that??!!
                  You're talking about Heart Attacks? Okay. If heart attacks were said to fall 40% it's because many studies detail the evidence that cigarette smoking is a major cause of coronary heart disease, which leads to heart attack. I feel that's a valid concern.

The "second hand smoke" thing is a real issue - it's not "biased" people, it's been proven! There's nothing wrong with informing the public and making a stand against a disgusting habit that's also being forced down other folks throats at any given public place.
                  It's fact - second hand smoke does kill. So many countries have done studies on this, it's not as if it came out of thin air.

FACT: 4000 chemicals
                  are released when a cigarette is smoked.
                  Benzene, Nicotine, Acetone, Tar, Ammonia, Cadmium, Carbon Monoxide, Hydrogen Cyanide, and Pyridine are just a few of the cancer-causing chemicals you love to inhale. Great, kill yourself, but there's no reason I have to inhale those harmful chemicals. There's no reason I should be limited as to where i want to eat or drink because you are addicted to a harmful substance and love to "share" that with folks that are trying to live a healthy lifestyle.

Now, if on occasion folks want to pay 60 bucks and stand in a cloud of that junk and chat away amongst other smokers, I'm totally fine with that..just keep it to yourselves. And it's no surprise the co-owner would support it, s/he's making a profit ! It's a business opportunity, plain and simple.

Comment

Originally posted by Enamorada View Post
                    The "second hand smoke" thing is a real issue - it's not "biased" people, it's been proven!
                    No. it has not been proven by any stretch:

"Conclusion

The results of the California CPS I cohort do not support a causal relation between exposure to environental tobacco smoke and tobacco related mortality, although they do not rule out a small effect. Given the limitations of the underlying data in this and the other studies of environmental tobacco smoke and the small size of the risk, it seems premature to conclude that environmental tobacco smoke causes death from coronary heart disease and lung cancer."
                    http://www.bmj.com/cgi/content/full/326/7398/1057
                    “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
                    http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

Originally posted by sinjin View Post
                      No. it has not been proven by any stretch:

"Conclusion

The results of the California CPS I cohort do not support a causal relation between exposure to environental tobacco smoke and tobacco related mortality, although they do not rule out a small effect. Given the limitations of the underlying data in this and the other studies of environmental tobacco smoke and the small size of the risk, it seems premature to conclude that environmental tobacco smoke causes death from coronary heart disease and lung cancer."
                      http://www.bmj.com/cgi/content/full/326/7398/1057
                      My professor taught to always check the "competing interests" section of a report before reading the summary.

James E Enstrom, researcher</STRONG>1, Geoffrey C Kabat, associate professor</STRONG>2

Competing interests: In recent years JEEhas received funds originating from the tobacco industry for his tobacco related epidemiological research because it has been impossible for him to obtain equivalent funds from other sources. GCK never received funds originating from the tobacco industry until last year, when he conducted an epidemiological review for a law firm which has several tobacco companies as clients. He has served as a consultant to the University of California at Los Angeles for this paper. JEE and GCK have no other competing interests. They are both lifelong non-smokers whose primary interest is an accurate determination of the health effects of tobacco.
                      Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

• Good news on the kill the industry front

In a 5 to 4 Supreme Court decision, lawsuits against the 'light' ads were deemed legit to continue.
                        https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
                          ...all the smokers will eventually die off.
                          As will we all, my friend, smokers and non. It's what we do before it occurs that matters.

Comment

http://www.forces.org/evidence/carol/carol8.htm
                            “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
                            http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

Two recent studies -

1) Smoking ban in Pueblo, CO, leads to drop in hospitalizations for heart-attack; report here.

2) Toxic particulate matter in "third-hand smoke"; report here.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                                Two recent studies -

2) Toxic particulate matter in "third-hand smoke"; report here.

Third hand smoke, what a joke. Next year it'll be fourth hand smoke. There's something in this world called a permissible exposure limit, beyond which chemical substantances are so low in concentration that they have no biological effect. Again, just more fear and guilt tactics.

Anyhow, thanks for putting this stuff up for debate, Leo.

Comment

Working...
                                X