Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New smoking ban

Originally posted by AlohaKine View Post
    It is a de-facto "tax". You can't tell me that ultimately smokers in Hawaii are not paying for this lawsuit
    If you read what I've already written, I said smokers are paying because they are the customers of the tobacco companies that lost the lawsuit. It is not a tax, and you can try to twist it however you want but that will not change that fact.
    This is another of those topics that I'm saying my last bit about, then will be done. The money is the result of a lawsuit and it is not a tax.
    Go forth in peace.
    Last edited by Amati; June 28, 2009, 11:40 PM.
    Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

And yes, smoker by in large are "working folks" the have to pay this ripoff.
      "Have to pay"? No - stop smoking, and you won't pay a penny of it. It's your choice - no one forces you to smoke.

Comment

And now for a lighter side of this thread...got this photo off the web. It's actually a photo mural applied to the ceiling of room designated for smokers
        Attached Files
        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

The US military could soon be enacting a number of measures designed to curb tobacco use among its personnel. Among the suggestions being considered are banning the sale of tobacco products on military bases and setting up a tobacco-free prerequisite for new enlistees and for anyone applying for special training programs.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp...X0TxN__BHQXzQQ
          This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

If this passes, you can bet it will seriously cut into recruiting and retainment as the military is obviously a bastion for many of the country's most hard core smokers. Many personel will find it impossible to quit or refrain from smoking, finding themselves between a rock and a hard place. Look for more suicides and assaults/murders.
            https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
              Many personel will find it impossible to quit or refrain from smoking, finding themselves between a rock and a hard place. Look for more suicides and assaults/murders.
              Has there been a movie with cigarette smoking killer zombies who will attack anyone with a pack of cigarettes?

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
                If this passes, you can bet it will seriously cut into recruiting and retainment as the military is obviously a bastion for many of the country's most hard core smokers. Many personel will find it impossible to quit or refrain from smoking, finding themselves between a rock and a hard place. Look for more suicides and assaults/murders.
                I believe you're right on this one. I took up smoking during some stressful times in the military. Quit when I got out.
                Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by Amati View Post
                  If you read what I've already written...
                  I’m not going to sift through 982 messages, nor should I or anyone else be expected to. Frankly, I think it’s rediculous that Admin has allowed this topic to balloon to this size. Isn’t it time to turn the page and start a new chapter? Hell, we’re talking about military recruiting — a far cry from the original intent of the author of this thread.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                  USA TODAY, page 2A
                  11 March 1993

Comment

• mmmm,...

I'd say that's the beauty of a full and unlimited discussion, otherwise threads would fall dead way too soon without the benefits that they otherwise would have garnered.

Viva la highjack!

Comment

Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
                      I’m not going to sift through 982 messages, nor should I or anyone else be expected to. Frankly, I think it’s rediculous that Admin has allowed this topic to balloon to this size. Isn’t it time to turn the page and start a new chapter? Hell, we’re talking about military recruiting — a far cry from the original intent of the author of this thread.
                      Well, recently someone else here felt that a new thread should be started, as a topic was weaving, so they quoted the initial "weave" and started a new thread with it. Nothing stops us from doing that ourselves - it seems like a more productive way of dealing with the drift than just complaining about what Admin oughta do.

Comment

Posting #972
                        The money is coming from the tobacco companies. Granted, the tobacco companies pass on the costs to their consumers (smokers), but that means that SMOKERS are paying the cost

Posting #974
                        You are wrong. The money is not a tax. The money is from a lawsuit against the tobacco companies.

Posting #976
                        If you read what I've already written, I said smokers are paying because they are the customers of the tobacco companies that lost the lawsuit. It is not a tax

Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
                        I’m not going to sift through 982 messages, nor should I or anyone else be expected to.

What? I'd hope that going back TWO and FOUR postings would not overwork someone.
                        Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                          Has there been a movie with cigarette smoking killer zombies who will attack anyone with a pack of cigarettes?
                          This is based on a true story of hiding cigarettes from an addict who needs a smoke real bad.

Comment

On Wednesday the smoking ban turned 1000 days old. On the plus side it still can't be enforced. The primary reason is that the health department keeps lying about what the law says and keeps shooting themselves in the foot.

Comment

• Well...

...hooray for law breakers with nasty bad habits!

Comment

On Wednesday the smoking ban turned 1000 days old.
                                On Septeber 1, 2009 I make Two Years NON-Smoking! WOOT!!

Auntie Lynn
                                Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                                Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Working...
                                X