Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New smoking ban

Originally posted by GregLee View Post
    I don't believe it -- it's probably just propaganda. .
    You are probably right. The World Health Organization is probably a communist, fascist, muslim organization because they point out the side effects of smoking. Second hand smoke probably has no side effects. You are probably a smoker too. You probably have no problem with blowing some my way.
    Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
      You are probably right. The World Health Organization is probably a communist, fascist, muslim organization because they point out the side effects of smoking. Second hand smoke probably has no side effects. You are probably a smoker too. You probably have no problem with blowing some my way.
      Wow. I didn't say that. The fact is that there is a group of people that are being paid to spread doom and gloom. What actually happened is that the anti-smoking lobby did a lawsuit against people whom happen to smoke in 1998. It succeeded. The tobacco companies where forced to give funds based on how many people smoked in Hawaii. Since the settlement was so large, the companies were forced to pass on the cost to the Hawaii consumer. In effect the State sued its' own people and the amount is based on tobacco sales.

It goes on from here. The funds go to the so called "Hawaii Community Foundation" - lucky them - they have a license to steal. Not all of the money goes to fund those whom happen to lay around all day, in fact there is a board of non-voter picked group of tobacco control "experts" that see who will get funding. Now of course this board is stocked with "friends".

Of course the anti-smoking lobby is happy to help out "friends" to show they did something. Being openly bigoted as well as libel is always a great way to express that. The anti-smoking lobby is built on sand, push hard enough and it falls down.
      Last edited by AlohaKine; November 29, 2010, 11:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by AlohaKine View Post
        Wow. I didn't say that.
        No, you didn't. Read back to the previous page to keep up. Greg Lee said that the WHO statistics were "probably just propaganda."

The fact is that there is a group of people that are being paid to spread doom and gloom.
        Did you get paid to spread the doom and gloom in your post?

Being openly bigoted as well as libel is always a great way to express that.
        Nope, I'm not bigoted, just trying to protect the air I breathe. You can come to my fale anytime, just leave the sitaleki at home.

Libel is one form of written defamation against a specific individual saying something that is patently and demonstrably not true. Where is the libel?

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

No, I don't get paided. According to the study funding by the Neatherland's Ministry of Health I save $91,000 in lifetime health care costs as a smoker. The study also says that people who say otherwise are doing it for political reasons. Why am I being hated?

Comment

No, I don't get paided.
            And those who print the results of their studies should not be accused of spreading doom and gloom when the results don't support your position.

According to the study funding by the Neatherland's Ministry of Health I save $91,000 in lifetime health care costs as a smoker.
            That is because those who smoke will statistically die sooner. As I recall, it is about 15 to 20 years sooner. You have every right to decide how you want to go, but you don't have a right to take me with you via your second hand smoke. According to the WHO study, 600,000 die per year from second hand smoke. These are people who never smoked, but their lives were cut short by those who do.

Why am I being hated?
            Who said they hate you? You are being paranoid. I told you, you are welcome anytime at my fale, but please leave the sikaleti at home.

Comment

Ignore this message, read the next one.
              Last edited by Kaonohi; November 29, 2010, 01:34 PM.
              Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
              ~ ~
              Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
              Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
              Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

I can't help but think that this is all related to personal freedom - good old American values of long ago, now negated by the Patriot Act, among other things...

You have a right to smoke.
                I have a right to breathe smoke-free air.

All we need is a medium, a halfway point - to provide us our freedoms.

It's like the old adage that you have a right to swing your fist, as long as my (or anyone's) face is not in the way.

Smoke where it won't impede my right to breathe, and we'll be OK.

We need:
                Smoke free and smoking restaurants;
                Smoke free and smoking bars;
                Smoke free and smoking retailers?;

Why can't we all have what we want?
                Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
                ~ ~
                Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
                Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
                Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

While we're at it, Kaonohi, why can't we have both integrated and segregated neighborhoods, buses, workplaces, states, etc.?
                  Why can't we all have what we want? Hmmm...
                  Last edited by salmoned; November 29, 2010, 09:55 PM.
                  May I always be found beneath your contempt.

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
                    The article you referred to gave no evidence, nor any link to where one might find evidence for the conclusions about second hand smoke. I pointed that out in the part of my post which you did not quote. I guess evidence doesn't matter to you. I don't smoke, by the way.
                    Greg

Comment

If one is interested in how the anti-smoking lobby creates these second hand smoke "studies", this link would be a good start on how the anti-smoking groups cook the books to achieve their political agenda to pass legislation against smokers. It's amazing how they create something out of nothing and distort the truth.

http://www.davehitt.com/facts/index.html

This link is also interesting in the fact that it explains how anti-smoking organizations attempt to silence or smear any study that doesn't fit their biased agenda and black list any researcher, even doctors and health professionals that say otherwise.

http://www.velvetgloveironfist.com/index.php?page_id=19

Comment

Originally posted by salmoned View Post
                        While we're at it, Kaonohi, why can't we have both integrated and segregated neighborhoods, buses, workplaces, states, etc.?
                        Why can't we all have what we want? Hmmm...
                        People segregate themselves by choice all the time. By lifestyle, social class, interests, and so on. I think we all do this at least some of the time. I think we can all support the Civil Rights Acts of the 1960's. It is normal for people with shared interests to want to hang out together in a place where those interests are admired and not frowned on.

Comment

You must be living in a world inside your head, 'cause if we can all support the Civil Rights Acts, then why are civil rights cases still appearing in courts throughout the land? No one would be violating civil rights if we all supported 'em, eh? Or were you only talking about all the people in your own favorite segregated group?
                          May I always be found beneath your contempt.

Comment

Originally posted by salmoned View Post
                            Or were you only talking about all the people in your own favorite segregated group?
                            I guess AlohaKine is talking about voluntary association and that by "segregation" you meant forced or involuntary segregation. Maybe a clearer analogy would have been slavery, since even voluntary slavery is nowadays everywhere prohibited -- that is, you may not sell yourself into slavery.
                            Greg

Comment

even doctors and health professionals that say otherwise.
                              I remember when 4 out of 5 doctors preferred Chesterfield.
                              https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Senate Bill 708 to exempt bars from the smoking ban for a fee going to the general fund is going to hearing tomorrow. Should be interesting because the people on the health and public safety committees range from very supportive to very against and everything in between.

Comment

Working...
                                X