Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New smoking ban

Originally posted by AlohaKine View Post
    I won't respect the law and I will smoke in non-smoking areas... The anti-smoker's tough hard line view creates people like me that otherwise would not exist. It's kind of like the things this country is doing in Iraq is actually breading more terrorists.
    Wow. That's... Wow.

I actually feel less bad about marginalizing smokers now.

D'oh. Wait. MadAzza pegged it early on. He's kidding!

Sheesh. Don't I feel silly.

(Love those breaded terrorists, too... especially with peanut sauce.)

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
      My father was a life-long smoker, until his mid-50s, when he stopped smoking at the same time he stopped drinking. He had a decade of life without those substances, a decade where he felt the best he had ever been. Then lung cancer took him out in just a short few months.
      My father was a cigar and cigarette smoker until he quit at age 50. There's an old saying that if you don't want trouble you can't take without giving. Food replaced smoking as his vice which is normal for many quiters. He gained over 100 pounds and because of that got diabetes, heart problems, and high blood pressure. Not everybody can find the will power to exercise. So he died at 58 of an obesity related heart attack.
      After his death his docter admitted to me that if he has not pushed him to quit smoking, he would still be alive today and that he was sorry.

It took this tragic event in my life to realise that I should never quit smoking.
      ( a derisional spin on the comments of the smoker-hating Linda Lingle.)

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
        D'oh. Wait. MadAzza pegged it early on. He's kidding!
        Yeah, want's the name for that ... trolling?

Comment

• Originally posted by SouthKona View Post
          So, asthma and COPD do not qualify as needing protection from smoke? Exposure to carcinogens is acceptable? Putting your own agenda before the best interest of the public would be your modus operandi?
          The other side is putting their modus operandi before the civil rights of smokers. Not surprisingly I am the diametrical opposite of them, using the same attitudes that they use - just from the polar opposite side of the issue.

Originally posted by SouthKona View Post
          You know, I think you're actually having fun with us here. Rereading your posts, you are too off base to be serious.
          My feelings on this civil rights issue are very real. Smokers don't want to "sit in the back of the bus".

By the way I thought that the people in the bars were CONSENTING ADULTS. Do consenting adults need protection from themselves. Like I don't go to gay bars because I am not gay and it makes me uncomfortable to have drunken homosexuals grabbing me and hitting on me. So I choose not to go to gay bars. However I am not going to try to ban gay bars because they to are consenting adults and I respect their space.

Originally posted by GeckoGeek View Post
          From what I understand it's the opposite. Smokers die more cheaply then the ills that come of old age.
          This is true. Also everybody dies ,it's just a question of when. Some people are so paranoid of death that they try any thing to try to hold on a little longer and not accept the certainty of death in old age. They are just frightened old men clinging to life like a baby to it's mother's nipple. Life is just a game , play hard , take risks, and have fun.

Comment

Residents of a gov. housing project in Kalihi complianed that a PCS transmission site was built on their roof without their consent and had it removed.
            So I wonder where it went to? Their move may have been short sighted. I don't know of any measurements, but I strongly suspect that one could receive more radiation from a cell site that's a building over then being in the building the cell site is on. Yes, distance counts, but look at how the antennas are aimed. Not down, but out.

Recent research suggests that susceptibility to cancer is actually inherited. They found a mouse that they couldn't kill with cancer. But the report listed that only 40% of it's descendants inherited the ability. That suggests to me the real problem might be our resistance to cancer is being breed out of us.

You say that smokers have civil rights. I say baloney. A woman can't become a man, and black person can't become white. Nor can they change their appearance. Yet smokers are non-smokers when they don't have a lit cigarette. Freedom of religion is guaranteed by the Constitution. Freedom to smoke is not. Sorry. No civil right. You're welcome to the front of the bus as long as you don't smoke there. Smoking is a choice. Gender and race is not. So claiming smoking is a civil right is bogus. Nor has any court upheld it as such.

You try to side track things by pointing to coffee drinkers. But coffee doesn't inflict anything on non-drinkers. Smokers do. Now people who bring stinky foods into the lunch room, that's a different story. But that's just unpleasant with no health effects.

Japan was a nice place to visit. Much better at providing ways to cleaning up before eating. But it also reminded me of the bad old days before smoking was banned in restaurants.

Comment

Originally posted by AlohaKine
              Like I don't go to gay bars because I am not gay and it makes me uncomfortable to have drunken homosexuals grabbing me and hitting on me.
              TROLL ALERT - The only way to deal with trolls is to limit your reaction to reminding others not to respond to trolls.

Comment

TROLL ALERT - The only way to deal with trolls is to limit your reaction to reminding others not to respond to trolls.
                Hey, even if AlohaKine is a troll, some good devil's advocate type points are being brought up.

Smokers don't want to "sit in the back of the bus". By the way I thought that the people in the bars were CONSENTING ADULTS.
                It's funny you bring that whole "back of the bus" thing up, because that's exactly what smokers are expecting the rest of us to do a lot of the time. If smoking was allowed everywhere then I would probably just have to stay home all the time to avoid it... 'cause going out in public would be consenting to breath the smoke, right? It's all me! I could just sit at home and have everything delivered to me. :P

Comment

Second hand smoke is next to harmless. Early studies showed that.
                  Can you provide us with any links or citations to back up that assertion?

Comment

• The picture is not clear to most. The antis are using deciet to get their ideas across. The truth is , even as it was found by deception ( I had no choice), I got "em to admit it that all a bar has to do is hang sign signs and tell people about the law and than you can "smoke at your own risk "- booyah.

smokers stand up for your rights - your somebody too.

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                    Can you provide us with any links or citations to back up that assertion?
                    go to the forces international website.

I'm not a troll cause I believe what I say and stick to it. If your opinion shifts than you are. You don't like my words and can't fight the issue so you attack the person - try harder.

Comment

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by AlohaKine
                      Like I don't go to gay bars because I am not gay and it makes me uncomfortable to have drunken homosexuals grabbing me and hitting on me.

I'm not a troll cause I believe what I say and stick to it. If your opinion shifts than you are. You don't like my words and can't fight the issue so you attack the person - try harder.

Comment

• Originally posted by GeckoGeek View Post
                        You say that smokers have civil rights. I say baloney. A woman can't become a man, and black person can't become white. Nor can they change their appearance. Yet smokers are non-smokers when they don't have a lit cigarette. Freedom of religion is guaranteed by the Constitution. Freedom to smoke is not. Sorry. No civil right. You're welcome to the front of the bus as long as you don't smoke there. Smoking is a choice. Gender and race is not. So claiming smoking is a civil right is bogus. Nor has any court upheld it as such.

You try to side track things by pointing to coffee drinkers. But coffee doesn't inflict anything on non-drinkers. Smokers do. Now people who bring stinky foods into the lunch room, that's a different story. But that's just unpleasant with no health effects.

Japan was a nice place to visit. Much better at providing ways to cleaning up before eating. But it also reminded me of the bad old days before smoking was banned in restaurants.
                        So a person can't change their religion? People convert all the time. Why is it protected by law?

P.S. Benzene evaporates easliy. It is in the coffeee. Does benzene cause cancer - don't trust me look it up. So I breath your chemicals but I don't complain out of respect. Respect - Something the antis are very short on.

Quote:
                        Originally Posted by AlohaKine

So if somebody has a honest difference of opinion than they are a troll. I would say that every democrat is a troll to republicans then. The same would be in reverse, if you can't express your self anymore would this still be a free country? Hey, your opinion is worth something just the same as mine - even if we do not agree.

So a person can't change their religion? People convert all the time. Why is it protected by law?

P.S. Benzene evaporates easliy. It is in the coffeee. Does benzene cause cancer - don't trust me look it up. So I breath your chemicals but I don't complain out of respect. Respect - Something the antis are very short on.
                        Radiation exposure is termed in dose. Dose is equal to the admition rate times the distance of the radius squared.

D2=D1*r^2 .............. D1 is the source, D2 is what you get.

It may be incidental but I have a cert. from the dept. of energy to operate nuclear reactor plants. Too bad I can't still put the ashtray on the operations panel. Too bad hawaii does not make use of clean, safe nuclear energy. Because of science it has given us this force , uninformed persons throw it aside due to fear and lack of understanding.

Hate is caused by fear and misunderstanding. Notwithstanding anything else, Iran and the DPRK do not deserve to have such knowledge 'caue they will no nothing but abuse it.

Comment

Comment

Radiation exposure is termed in dose. Dose is equal to the admition rate times the distance of the radius squared.

D2=D1*r^2 .............. D1 is the source, D2 is what you get.

It may be incidental but I have a cert. from the dept. of energy to operate nuclear reactor plants. Too bad I can't still put the ashtray on the operations panel. Too bad hawaii does not make use of clean, safe nuclear energy. Because of science it has given us this force , uninformed persons throw it aside due to fear and lack of understanding.

Hate is caused by fear and misunderstanding. Notwithstanding anything else, Iran and the DPRK do not deserve to have such knowledge 'caue they will no nothing but abuse it.
                            Oh, just remember to wear your radiation detection badge and pay attention when it starts to change color.

Aloha!

Comment

Originally posted by WindwardOahuRN View Post
                              Oh, just remember to wear your radiation detection badge and pay attention when it starts to change color.

Aloha!
                              We have more advanced methods now-a -days. I teach it now so the concern is less. Girl friend just got home from the bar and blew some smoke in my face - yum, time to go to bed now.

Comment

Your twisting my words. Age, gender and race can't be changed. Religion is guaranteed by the Constitution. Smoking is a choice - and is not guaranteed.

P.S. Benzene evaporates easily. It is in the coffee. Does benzene cause cancer - don't trust me look it up. So I breath your chemicals but I don't complain out of respect. Respect - Something the antis are very short on.
                                In concentrations found in a typical lunch room? At a "altitude" of a typical nose?

Comment

Working...
                                X