Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New smoking ban

Originally posted by dick View Post
    I was thinking about that "private club" thing as well.
    IIRC... there was a private "club" on the top floor of "century center" (hope that's the place...sorry in advance if that's not the place) that had strippers and all... got closed down because of tenant complaints...etc..

Was exclusive to those in the up's here in Honolulu and did charge an arm and a leg....anyone remember that??? can't find it now!

Comment

my feeling is little better now
      I cant walk or run streets without choked because smoking people allover in Waikiki or any area ...
      when I walking street always choked by someone's smoking !
      here and there and here and there all over !!!
      I cant even get out from my Room now ... sometimes smoke come from driver's hand from driving car and standing people, siting people, walking people, holding baby mother, I seeing many time Parents smoking when holding baby or little kids ....
      Hawaii need "Health Education" seriously..
      this news make my feel little better ...
      Last edited by Buffy; November 17, 2006, 04:27 AM.
      http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/2456/sigbuffy2wy.png

Comment

Originally posted by dick View Post
        Places can refuse service to anyone... maybe they should refuse service to anti-smokers... "You don't like smoke? Hmmm... sorry, but you're going to have to leave..."
        That would be fine with me but then again I wouldn't even attempt to try to gain entry into a place that I have a problem with anyway. I can see the signage at that establishment: 2 Cigarette Minimum, all you can drink

Ahh with the ban the illicitness of smoking will probably lend itself to a new hustle line by our beloved Korean hostesses: Buy me smokie?
        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

The bars are going with it. Wow this is weakness. Somebody will discover a way around it and make lots of money. I know a way but I'm not saying, not yet and only to friends.>

When it does that's were I will be. F this law. That will be our place and leave us alone. The people who made this happen don't party and only fake it for a day at places like the O-Lounge. F those worthless hate fueled cur, I'll never go there again. O-lounge is a toilet and even when it did allow smoking in the past they were rude, it had few seats, and treated us like dung.

Comment

Originally posted by AlohaKine View Post
            F those worthless hate fueled cur
            TROLL ALERT - The only way to deal with trolls is to limit your reaction to reminding others not to respond to trolls.

Comment

He's not a troll... He's pissed off... not a troll...

Fun to play with if I had time

Comment

Does DOH Julian Lipscher party, listen to tecnno, and butt dance? I doubt it. He is an anti-smoker professional nazi. He needs somebody to slap his depraved rotted face. Thanks to him all the class of people known as smokers are treated like sewage. That's what they think of us in terms on the business brouchure.

Toasting to my suffering are you? - F- U. The big drug companies pay for the hate and bans - to market nicoderm and other products. To them the public is just pawns in a twisted game of greed.

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123 View Post
                  He's not a troll... He's pissed off... not a troll...

Fun to play with if I had time
                  True Dat. If you were in my shoes you would be too. Try standing in the street every 20 minutes for 5 minutes at a time in front of a bar for 4 hours and then tell me how you feel. If you are so understanding than try it - I dare you. Pray it does not rain - ok.
                  Last edited by AlohaKine; November 17, 2006, 08:08 PM.

Comment

Aloha Kine... I've been cigarette free for 14 days in anticipation of yesterday!

Feeling better and better each day... however, I won't be one to scold smokers.... that's not my style....

I hate former smokers who do scold smokers... that's lame.

Alohakine... i do feel sorry for you.... NOT!

Comment

alohakine,

why did you start smoking knowing everything we do about its dangers these days? I'm curious why there are still so many smokers.

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123 View Post
                        IIRC... there was a private "club" on the top floor of "century center" (hope that's the place...sorry in advance if that's not the place) that had strippers and all... got closed down because of tenant complaints...etc..

Was exclusive to those in the up's here in Honolulu and did charge an arm and a leg....anyone remember that??? can't find it now!
                        i remember that place. it wasn't an arm and leg-- started out as $50 then went to $25. never remember any strippers. in fact, it was actually a decent establishment. very nice place to pay at the door, have unlimited drinks, and meet people in super complimentary lighting. god, i remember going there a lot. until the sun came up -- and what a beautiful sunrise it was from that high up. in FACT.. i was there when it was raided by the police. how nice to be all dressed up and chatting away in a nice penthouse overlooking the city then having multiple policemen running around yelling at everyone, shining flashlights in your face like you're breaking the law.

whatever the complaints were... well whatever. all i'm saying is that place never gave me a shady vibe. it WAS dark... but it was always nice.

[but you DID have to go all the way down to the lobby to smoke]
                        life is ok sometimes

Comment

Originally posted by Buffy View Post
                          my feeling is little better now
                          I cant walk or run streets without choked because smoking people allover in Waikiki or any area ...
                          when I walking street always choked by someone's smoking !
                          here and there and here and there all over !!!
                          I cant even get out from my Room now ... sometimes smoke come from driver's hand from driving car and standing people, siting people, walking people, holding baby mother, I seeing many time Parents smoking when holding baby or little kids ....
                          Hawaii need "Health Education" seriously..
                          this news make my feel little better ...
                          Your extreme beliefs about tiny little wisps effecting you for a whole second is the product of a very selfish mind. And/or you're a hypocondriact.

Comment

Originally posted by brianca View Post
                            alohakine,

why did you start smoking knowing everything we do about its dangers these days? I'm curious why there are still so many smokers.
                            Because of the pleasure - simply put. I also see it as a civil right that needs to be protected and the more I am persecuted the greater my resolve not to cave in to the anti-smoking nazis becomes. Right now I'm working with a few others to form the beginnings of a local pro-smokers rights group. Enough is a enough - It's time to be an activist, and make our side of the story heard. The enemy controls the politics and the news released to the media. Time to uncover their lies on the effects of second hand smoke and its effect on businesses of entertainment - soon we will see it.

Stay strong smokers, 12 bans have got overturned in mainland communities since August. It's simple - no smoke/ no spend money. The gov. then has to listen to the business concerns.

Comment

Just a thought!!

What about drive thru's? Is it okay for me to smoke while in a drive thru, like McKy D's or Jack in the box or where ever? Please someone make this clear, if they know how the state plans to take care of something like that...

cuz I smoked a cig, while in the McDonalds line today and nobody said anything, but I'm sure I'm violating the 20ft thing cuz I pass a door, while driving in the drive thru. hmmm...just a thought.

Not salty anymore,

KaYa T.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Got2HaVKaYaNoW View Post
                                Just a thought!!

What about drive thru's? Is it okay for me to smoke while in a drive thru, like McKy D's or Jack in the box or where ever? Please someone make this clear, if they know how the state plans to take care of something like that...

cuz I smoked a cig, while in the McDonalds line today and nobody said anything, but I'm sure I'm violating the 20ft thing cuz I pass a door, while driving in the drive thru. hmmm...just a thought.

Not salty anymore,

KaYa T.
                                I have studied this law and issue very carefully. According to the law -No. You can't be within 20ft . Per SB3262 section 6. 20ft from any door , windows that can open( the drive thur window is that ), or ventilation intake. Doubt that youl'll get fined because a cop has to catch you in the act, if you pretend you don't understand just be polite if you get caught and you'll proably just get a warning. - I'm still going to. Anyplace that doesn't aggresively try to stop me, because I have contempt for this "law".

Comment

Working...
                                X