Gender Roles in Politics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gender Roles in Politics

Usually the media gets hold of this kind of information and plays it for all its worth (like the black guy who ran as a Democrat in Minnesota and because the first Muslim to serve in Congress). But in Coco's case, like in his case, their "uniqueness" was known but no one (not the candidates themselves nor their detractors) decided to use that uniqueness to any advantage/disadvantage, which is the way it should be.

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Palolo Joe View Post
      There's a reason why they were voted into the BOE in the first place.
      Well, in the case of Ms. Iwamoto, like political analyst Neil Milner suggested earlier, MidWeek columnist Bob Jones is saying it’s partly because many voters simply didn’t know about this part of Kim. If you’re so naïve as to suggest that knowledge would have had no effect on the numbers, I have a bunch of tasty horseapples you may be interested in purchasing.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
      USA TODAY, page 2A
      11 March 1993

Comment

Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
        If you’re so naïve as to suggest that knowledge would have had no effect on the numbers, I have a bunch of tasty horseapples you may be interested in purchasing.
        Umm... stop putting words into my mouth. I didn't say it would have no effect. I said she was elected for a reason, regardless of her gender.

If any of these people cared enough to read Iwamoto's bio, they would have figured it out. There's that line about graduating from St. Louis that gives it away.

Comment

Working...
        X