Enjoying a nice Friday night...and

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enjoying a nice Friday night...and

I look outside and see 8 cop cars with the little blue lights outside the apartment complex. I think to myself..WTF

Prior to my curiosity I was watching two episodes of Seinfeld peacefully to myself and amongst friends. We didn't hear anything go down...speakers high enough? who knows...

Bottom line is...in this little town of Hilo, we don't need that many interceptors coming over here. There are far more heinous crimes going on outside of the "college" community, which over course only leads to displacement.

Yes, the most questionable dispatch is the domestic call...but honestly it only takes one car. One call over the radio gets it done. And another thing that really grinds my gears is the actual police unit itself. Around town I see a Dodge Magnum with 22" rims...um, is that really a professional look that the Hilo district should have? Wow...I am not proud to say this, but at least the LAPD has a strict "dress code."

btw-I like the proactive approach to law enforcement along the Kona side. Our three police officers must be busy over there. Thanks for reading this rant.

my 2cents.

Re: Enjoying a nice Friday night...and

I had a situation that a cop was tailing me. He thought I was a burglar.But in reality I was scared out of my mind that I had stalker following me. In short the dumb idiot had eight cops arrive the location. Making it worse was he was a former classmate of mine.
    Check out my blog on Kona issues :
    The Kona Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Konaguy View Post
      I had a situation that a cop was tailing me. He thought I was a burglar.But in reality I was scared out of my mind that I had stalker following me. In short the dumb idiot had eight cops arrive the location. Making it worse was he was a former classmate of mine.
      I think you already posted this before?

Comment

Uh yeah, but I paraphrased it this time and didn't go in as much detail
        Check out my blog on Kona issues :
        The Kona Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon007 View Post
          Yes, the most questionable dispatch is the domestic call...but honestly it only takes one car. One call over the radio gets it done.
          How you figure? The situation can turn violent very quickly. Not enough time to call for backup, much less let backup arrive. No police officer believes in the concept of "fair fight". They believe in overwhelming numbers to assure a victory if not avoid the fight altogether.

I'm not defending 8, but to say one can take care of it is silly.

Comment

Well Hilo is a slow town (but picking up the pace lately) and I've seen a caravan of police cars on Kanoeluha with their flashing lights stopping a lady for speeding towards Hilo.

It's a downhill run where 55-MPH can quickly becoming speeding as it drops to 35-MPH when you hit the city limits.

But I can't complain too much about the police here anymore now that I've gotten one speeding ticket in my red BMW on my cousin's beat. Hey we're family!
            Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Working...
            X