Abercrombie v. Tanonaka

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Abercrombie v. Tanonaka

I spent last night with my middle son in the hospital (long story), but it gave me the dubious opportunity to watch public access TV... specifically, the debate between Neil Abercrombie and Elyssa Young (Erin O'Bryn), moderated by Bob Rees.

For having very different ideas, the two candidates got along pretty well. Abercrombie was a gentleman, and Young was self-assured and articulate.

I'm fine with Abercrombie being reelected, but I'm also proud to note that (scrivener, you listening?) the "third-party" candidate in this particular race has gotten two votes (so far) out of our household.

Apparently, Dalton Tanonaka was a no-show. And, according to Abercrombie and Young, it's the man's second absence. Rees said Tanonaka was calling him almost daily to assure him he would be present and to be certain that Abercrombie would be there as well. And Abercrombie and Young joked about how the two of them are "getting the dance down" already.

Comment

Re: Abercrombie v. Tanonaka

Early results (absentee and early voting) fresh out of the State Capitol shows Abercrombie's 64 percent leading Tanonaka's 33 percent. Elyssa Young clocks in with a little under 3 percent (1,464)... certainly something for her to smile about.

Of course, these numbers are technically with zero out of 297 precincts reporting. We'll see how returns for today look in a few hours.

Comment

Working...
      X