Concurrency: Is It A Bad Word

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Concurrency: Is It A Bad Word

Lately developers and their lackeys have been bemoaning the proposed flooding mitigation and concurrency/impact fee legislation here on the Big Island.

WHT published my letter to the editor on this subject today.

I am deeply offended whenever I read that developers and their lackeys cry foul whenever legislation is proposed that may reduce their profits. Two instances come to mind, changes to the county flood control mitigation and concurrency/impact fees.

Both North and South Kona are ripe for a catastrophic flooding disaster. Thus the changes to the county flood control mitigation are desperately needed. But the developers claim that the changes are "too costly." I find this line of thinking unacceptable. Protecting the citizens of our community should usurp any loss of profits by developers.

Less developer profits and economic collateral damage have been reasons espoused by opponents of concurrency/impact fees. The taxpayers on this island should not have to bear the whole burden to build infrastructure. In reality it should be both the taxpayers and the developers share equally the cost of infrastructure.
    Check out my blog on Kona issues :
    The Kona Blog

Re: Concurrency: Is It A Bad Word

The Politics of NO will destroy any bid toward concurrency.

We had money for Alii Hwy. Lost it cuz of bones.
    Hokulia Hwy would be finished. But it's not cuz of protests.
    We had a plan for an overpass at Palani in 1970. But THE VIEW is more important than the environment.

Kona is overrun with utopian nincompoops.

Concurrency is just wishful thinking jibberish as long as protesters and activists continue their miseducated ranting.
    FutureNewsNetwork.com
    Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Re: Concurrency: Is It A Bad Word

As for the Hokulia bypass, it really puzzles me why the Coupe family is contesting this condemnation. I suspect it is due the fact that they tried to develop a Hokulia like project in the 1980s, but were denied by the LUC. As far as I understand their proposed project did not include a bypass road.

The latter was probably one of the reasons why it why denied. As even in the late 1970s, traffic studies were done that showed a makai bypass road was needed. But nonetheless, the Coupe's probably were scratching their head why Lyle Anderson's Hokulia project got approved and their project did not.

If you are wondering how the Coupe's can afford their big ticket lawyers for the last 7 years. Apparently in 1990 the Coupe's sold 660 acres of land above Kealakekua bay to Lyle Anderson for 23 million dollars.

You can follow the Coupe condemnation here http://hoohiki2.courts.state.hi.us/jud/Hoohiki/main.htm Case ID #3CC001181K
      Check out my blog on Kona issues :
      The Kona Blog

Comment

Working...
      X