The Next Race for Ed Case?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Next Race for Ed Case?

Midweek's Bob Jones chimes in with tidbits on the Hawaii politician we hear from now and then, Ed Case.
    Case may run for governor. He admits that. But he really wants to be one of our U.S. senators. He’ll not confront Inouye in 2010. He knows he’s unlikely to make the Democratic Party’s list of three that Gov. Lingle would be required to pick from if there’s a Senate vacancy by death or resignation. He’s in party purgatory for running against Akaka. So he’s prepared to wait until 2012 and run for Akaka’s seat - again.
    Case still sends out periodic campaign-esque e-mail newsletters (even without a stated campaign), is presumably still fundraising (for something), and turns up in the news and at public events fairly often. But considering how large he loomed in Hawaii politics not too long ago, the relative silence is deafening. Or maybe I'm just not listening in the right corners?

See also:

Re: The Next Race for Ed Case?

Maybe he should run as an Independent? Quite honestly, I find both the Democratic and Republican party out of touch with modern America.

Comment

Originally posted by joshuatree View Post
      Quite honestly, I find both the Democratic and Republican party out of touch with modern America.
      JT, I like the way you are thinking, and I am in agreement with you here.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
        JT, I like the way you are thinking, and I am in agreement with you here.
        In our country's past, we had the Federalists, the Whigs, etc. Why is it set in stone that we can only have the Democrats or Republicans? Maybe it's time for them to fade away and new parties to take over?

Comment

Originally posted by joshuatree View Post
          In our country's past, we had the Federalists, the Whigs, etc. Why is it set in stone that we can only have the Democrats or Republicans? Maybe it's time for them to fade away and new parties to take over?

Probably one of our most successful alternatives to the usual is Keiko Bonk who ran as a green party member on the Big Island. Now she's with the Marine Fisheries Service (I THINK).

I don't see why Ed Case has to run as an indie, but he's certainly not GOP and he's been marginalized by the Dems, who would be wise to see his value.
          Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

I thought he was caucasian? He can change that???

(Awwww, c'mon... just goofing around!)
            Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

I don't know how many of his views that I may or may not agree with at this time, but knowing politics I'll tell ya this....he has a dang good "presence" about him and good manners, no it's more than that....I get good vibes from him even though I'm registered with the opposite party that he is, doesn't matter...if he's good and honest, and nothing disgusting about him like the billary team, I sure could vote for him.
              Stop being lost in thought where our problems thrive.~

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal View Post
                I don't see why Ed Case has to run as an indie, but he's certainly not GOP and he's been marginalized by the Dems, who would be wise to see his value.
                I don't see why Ed Case wouldn't fit in with the Republicans. He's protrays himself as a moderate, although his politics and voting record steered towards the political right. (Even now, I scratch my head wondering how the same voters who kept supporting an extreme liberal like Mink all these years saw fit to succeed her with Case, who's quite conservative for a Democrat.)

Ed Case sorta reminds me of Cec Heftel, in that if they had run for office in Hawaii prior to 1954, I could easily envision them as Republicans, back when the GOP was the dominant party in the islands.
                This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by zztype View Post
                  I thought he was caucasian? He can change that???

(Awwww, c'mon... just goofing around!)
                  He's a chameleon!
                  Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

LOL Chameleon...wait! aren't all politicians?

Heck yeah, clinton felt our pain, shared about his briefs, ate at McD's and then redefined "sex" for us. What a guy......

Comment

Originally posted by Karen View Post
                      Heck yeah, clinton felt our pain, shared about his briefs, ate at McD's and then redefined "sex" for us. What a guy......
                      Team him up with the "compassionate conservative" we have now, and ... well, I'd better stop there, before the Feds get any more info to add to my files...

Let's just say, I'm not fond of either of them.

Comment

Ed Case will run for something.

I'm on the Internet Team just waiting to be mobilized.

Auntie Lynn
                        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

LeoLakio, same here!

Do we, at the federal level, even vote FOR anyone anymore, or "just against the other guy?" I can't help but feel that to get to the "very top" in these modern times that they have to just about sell their souls. They are all puppets for something bigger, is how I feel, yes, vague and conspiratorial as that sounds..too bad.

Comment

Ed Case should run against Duke Aiona for Governor in 2010. I'd back him totally, just hope he can find a decent running mate.

Comment

Originally posted by oldiebuff View Post
                              Ed Case should run against Duke Aiona for Governor in 2010. I'd back him totally, just hope he can find a decent running mate.
                              The running mate for Lt. Governor is decided by the people in a vote during the primary election. As it has been done for years, candidates run separately for governor and lt. gov. from the various parties during the primary. The top finishers in each party are then declared the Governor/Lt. Governor team for that party going on into the general election.

So even if Ed Case chose candidate A to be his running mate during the primary, if the public decides it should be candidate B, then B it is. Case and B during the general.... assuming if Case would also win the primary. That's the way it is
                              I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Working...
                              X