X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hawaii Superferry - Chapter 7

Originally posted by Composite 2992 View Post
    "Ban the transport of opihi, lobster, or other crustaceans, and fishing nets of all kinds."
    So it's ok to bring home a bunch of lobsters and opihi via the airlines?
    Ahhh, but there is no restriction on transporting mass quantities of mollusks and crustaceans in your digestive system. Said mass quantities can be conveniently regurgitated for consumption by friends and family upon your arrival home.
    You could try smuggling the prized seafood back in your vehicle, but I hear DLNR agents will be making pre-boarding inspections with specially trained Hawaiian monk seals.
    "If it's brown, it's cooked. If it's black, it's f***ed" - G. Ramsey

Comment

Originally posted by MixedPlateBroker View Post
      Ahhh, but there is no restriction on transporting mass quantities of mollusks and crustaceans in your digestive system. Said mass quantities can be conveniently regurgitated for consumption by friends and family upon your arrival home.
      You could try smuggling the prized seafood back in your vehicle, but I hear DLNR agents will be making pre-boarding inspections with specially trained Hawaiian monk seals.
      how's this idea:

stick mollusks and crustaceans in balloons along with seasoning. swallow balloons. upon arrival at home, barf or...the other thing. sell internally cooked mollusks & crustaceans for higher price than if you had not swallowed them, rather like those coffee beans which cost more after a certain animal eats em and poops em out.

i'm being facetious, of course.

*laughs like monk seal*
      superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

I'm just gonna dress up the lobsters in fuzzy costumes and people will think they're puppies.

The opihi will be stuck to mirrors with frames and passed off as abstract art!

As for fishnets. Well, those things should be banned anyway.

Comment

This is not a joke.

For real, not a joke.

I believe that if the designers of the Superferry made it look less like a Military anphibius attack ship and more like a Hawaiian double hull canoe with the fake sails and all, there would be little political objection.

Serious.

Comment

For better or for worse, I believe the Governor’s executive order was pretty fair compromise. All of the environmentalist and whale lovers’ concerns were addressed in some form (even if it wasn’t to the extent they demanded). Superferry, in turn, wasn’t forced to slow down to a speed Garibaldi has said would be a deal-breaker.

As unfortunate as it may be that the legislative branch has chosen to buck horns with the judicial system (and for the sake of one business), I think this is a rare case where the courts should lift the injunction based on the law as it now stands.

The opposing groups can always appeal any new decision to a higher court, should they decide it is necessary.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
            USA TODAY, page 2A
            11 March 1993

Comment

it appears that some legal housekeeping needs to be done before tha ferry can sail. namely judge cardoza in maui needs to lift the injunction he placed on sailing to maui. I am wondering of the likelihood of the judge not lifting this injunction..... it appears that the maui opponents are going to do whatever they can to keep it from being lifted.....if that happens whats next?
              another long chapter of wait and see? surely the legislature has a feel for what the judge will do......i foresee more huge problems on the horizon if this should occur.......what do the HT people think?
              Last edited by escondido100; November 6, 2007, 05:57 PM. Reason: spelling
              the bigger the government the smaller the citizen.

Comment

Originally posted by kamuelakea View Post
                This is not a joke.

For real, not a joke.

I believe that if the designers of the Superferry made it look less like a Military anphibius attack ship and more like a Hawaiian double hull canoe with the fake sails and all, there would be little political objection.

Serious.
                You might have something there.

Maybe name it the "Pau Hana Express" or something equally innocuous.

Comment

I'm sorry, these guys are fscking CRAZY!

You need to be prepared for these forces to act without restraint resulting in possible physical injury or death.

Holy carp!

And I neva know the Supreme Court makes the laws!

http://www.surferspath.com/news/cate...sp_123714.html

Block the Hawai?i Superferry
                  Posted on November 05, 2007 @ 11:22 AM

A Message from Jim Albertini and Lanny Sinkin

Aloha pumehana,

We come as Kupuna who have spent many years affirming our commitment to peace, justice, protection of the Earth, and freedom to speak to those who are considering entering the water to block the Superferry. Our purpose is to share our mana?o regarding the Superferry situation you now face.

At the call of the Governor, the Legislature passed a law permitting Superferry to violate the law as established by the Hawai?i Supreme Court. Those who understand the unconstitutional, illegal, and immoral nature of this act are left to respond.

In this instance, you are faced with a lawless conspiracy meant to ensure access for the Alakai and the four other Superferry boats coming to Hawai?i, to our waters and our islands, primarily for military purposes. Knowing that they are acting outside the law will inform the manner in which they behave. You will have military, police, and other law enforcement “just following orders” at a time when the leadership of the United States considers the Geneva Conventions to be “quaint.”

You need to be prepared for these forces to act without restraint resulting in possible physical injury or death.

Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

"Aloha pumehana"? "Kupuna"?

Jim Albertini wasn't even born here. Give me a break!

More BS, too about the Superferry and the military. As though we don't already have a bunch of military vessels in Hawaii. Maybe they hadn't noticed there's a busy little lagoon in Leeward Oahu called "Pearl Harbor".

Comment

Is this a call to arms? If only people were that fired up over more important issues like reforming education, the homeless, and health care.

At the call of the Governor, the Legislature passed a law permitting Superferry to violate the law as established by the Hawai?i Supreme Court. Those who understand the unconstitutional, illegal, and immoral nature of this act are left to respond.

I see errors left and right. To violate a law est. by the HSC? Uh...courts never make the law, they interpret the law.

In this instance, you are faced with a lawless conspiracy meant to ensure access for the Alakai and the four other Superferry boats coming to Hawai?i, to our waters and our islands, primarily for military purposes.

Four other boats? When did HSF order up a flotilla? That's new to me. And do we have definite proof that the HSF is going to transport military? Did they secure a contract? Sorry to say, but this looks more and more like drama queens.

Comment

Judge Cardoza granted HSF and the State's request to expedite the decision on lifting the injunction blocking Kahului Harbor. The next hearing will be held on Nov. 14.

Here is Larry Foster's play by play of the proceedings this morning:

Attorney Isaac Hall for the plaintiffs said they plan to challenge Act 2 on numerous constitutional grounds. He said that the state constitution requires the governor and the legislature to protect the environment and he plans to put on evidence that the conditions and protocols promulgated by the governor do not do that sufficiently.

The judge is granting a motion to enlarge the allowable length of memorandum in opposition to 35 pages, per plaintiff's motion (and 15 page reply per the state's oral motion).

They are arguing whether the court should enter final findings of fact and conclusions of law in the prior injunction order. The state objects since the law has changed. The court will enter the order based on the decision taken at that time.

Plaintiff asked for a final order in the case. State asked for no order prior to the hearing. Judge asks whether court must issue a final order to conclude that case? State argues that any order should reflect the law at the time the order is issued and the issue should be argued at the upcoming hearing - any orders should reflect the law as it stands now (after Act 2). State also argues that the injunction order satisfies rendering the record clear as to what occurred.

Court says its not comfortable not issuing findings and conclusions on issues already ruled on. And such final orders ought to be based on the law and the facts at the time of the decision. Otherwise the record has a gap in it.

Mr. Hall (obviously) agrees with the court. He indicates that the final order requires state to pay attorneys fees of plaintiffs and he worries that the state might try to weasel out of that order until it issues.

Mr. Hall says state is arguing the final order needs to be modified and plaintiffs need to know exactly what the final order says in order to effectively argue that it should not be modified.

Judge will issue final orders (findings and conclusions) reflecting the status of the case at the time the order was entered on the record. Not intended as any view or inclination concerning events that occured after Oct. 9.
                        On a side note, there was a minor oil spill in Kahului Harbor last night and this morning. The harbormaster shut down the port completely so no vessels could enter or leave the harbor for safety reasons.

Miulang
                        "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by zztype View Post
                          I'm sorry, these guys are fscking CRAZY!

Holy carp!

And I neva know the Supreme Court makes the laws!

http://www.surferspath.com/news/cate...sp_123714.html

Block the Hawai?i Superferry
                          Posted on November 05, 2007 @ 11:22 AM

A Message from Jim Albertini and Lanny Sinkin

Aloha pumehana,

We come as Kupuna who have spent many years affirming our commitment to peace, justice, protection of the Earth, and freedom to speak to those who are considering entering the water to block the Superferry. Our purpose is to share our mana?o regarding the Superferry situation you now face.

In this instance, you are faced with a lawless conspiracy meant to ensure access for the Alakai and the four other Superferry boats coming to Hawai?i, to our waters and our islands, primarily for military purposes. Knowing that they are acting outside the law will inform the manner in which they behave. You will have military, police, and other law enforcement “just following orders” at a time when the leadership of the United States considers the Geneva Conventions to be “quaint.”

I haven't heard of James Albertini's name in eons. Remember the incident at Hickam he pulled off in 72'?

"James W. Douglass and James V. Albertini are found guilty of conspiracy and damage to files at Hickam Air Force Base's electronic warfare office on March 2. Douglass was an assistant professor of religion at the University of Hawai'i. Albertini was discharged from his job as a teacher at St. Ann's Catholic School after the Hickam incident. Douglass poured blood, which he said was his own, on the Hickam files. Albertini was stopped inside the office as Douglass was being subdued."

http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/ar...50history.html

Comment

If anyone's curious as to what some other states will be rockin, ferry-wise, here's a peek at the proposed solar-powered ferry for SF:

At least we have wireless access and Spam musubi.
                            Story here
                            "If it's brown, it's cooked. If it's black, it's f***ed" - G. Ramsey

Comment

Today Judge Cardoza ruled that Act 2 was legal so he is lifting the injunction for Kahului Harbor; HOWEVER, the plaintiffs can still appeal that decision, so it may not be over quite yet.

The legalese of the decision made easier to understand

Miulang
                              "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

hi this is sansei and in reading miulang's post, it make's some sense only i would've agreed with the person who wanted to file a petition to sue linda lingle and that would've made the best sense and i hope in the next election,she's defeated so we wont have to hear of linda lingle again and she wont ever be governor again. i think they the enviormentalist will try to overturn and have the judge put the injunction in again and i'll be smiling.

well thank's for your time

Comment

Working...
                                X