X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tutusue
    replied
    Re: What's for Dinner - Chapter 4

Pear Berry Salad (with greens, chicken and feta cheese with raspberry viniagrette) at Bubba Gumps. Loved this salad. I won't mention the mud pie shared by 5 people!

Leave a comment:

• helen
    replied

Mixed plate of BBQ chicken and teri beef, with rice, mac salad and a kind of big cup of Mountain Dew from L&M Hawaii BBQ.

Leave a comment:

• anapuni808
    replied

TutuSue - would you mind PM'ing me with that recipe? it sure sounds good and I'd like to try it soon. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Barry
    replied

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
    Spiced braised beef with sweet potatoes over rice pilaf. It was my first dinner test using my new, very cheap crockpot from Target! That followed my first breakfast test...an all nighter; steel cut oatmeal with pumpkin and, just before serving, topped with blueberries. Both tests were successes according to my fried taste buds! The freezer is now full of future meals. The less cooking the better, afaic!

Well done and it all sounds delicious. My slow cooker/crockpot I've had for years. It's got low/high and auto settings. Like you, I make a lot and put it into tupaware containers in the freezer.
    I dont trust myself to cook much these days. I take black outs but there is a lady who comes in to do the cleaning for me every week, so when she is here, I get myself into the kitchen.

Leave a comment:

• tutusue
    replied

Spiced braised beef with sweet potatoes over rice pilaf. It was my first dinner test using my new, very cheap crockpot from Target! That followed my first breakfast test...an all nighter; steel cut oatmeal with pumpkin and, just before serving, topped with blueberries. Both tests were successes according to my fried taste buds! The freezer is now full of future meals. The less cooking the better, afaic!

Leave a comment:

• 1stwahine
    replied

Pork w/mustard cabbage, long rice, minced clams in a savory soup.

Roast Chicken.

Rice.

Kim Chee Cucumber and Ahi Poke.

Leave a comment:

• helen
    replied

KFC's Grilled Chicken 2 piece meal (normally it's 1 thigh and 1 drumstick but I got 3 drumsticks instead since they ran out of the thighs), mashed potatoes, cole slaw and a cup of Mountain Dew.

Leave a comment:

• Barry
    replied

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
    Food supplies are pretty low since I haven't been to the grocery store for a couple weeks (just lazy in my old age). Tonite I cooked a hamburger patty, toasted an english muffin, buttered it, added some dijon mustard and ended up with a pretty good little sandwich! Will have to try that again sometime.

Age is only a couple of numbers and if you know about Dijon mustard then you will go on forever.

Leave a comment:

• anapuni808
    replied

Food supplies are pretty low since I haven't been to the grocery store for a couple weeks (just lazy in my old age). Tonite I cooked a hamburger patty, toasted an english muffin, buttered it, added some dijon mustard and ended up with a pretty good little sandwich! Will have to try that again sometime.

Leave a comment:

• helen
    replied

Pastrami sandwich, fries and a beer.

Leave a comment:

• helen
    replied

Mixed plate of BBQ chicken and meat loaf, brown rice, mac salad and a bottle of Diet Coke Lime from the HCC Cafeteria.

Leave a comment:

• Barry
    replied

Pigs Feet and Tails

This will not be to everybodys taste.

For four (football fans who have been queuing up to get their FA final cup tickets to Wembley) In the cold !

Ingredients

4 Pigs trotters
    4 Pigs tails
    2 pounds of tripe
    1 Carrot
    2 baguettes
    Milk
    Flour
    1 onion
    Vinegar Lots of vinegar

Method

Boil the pigs feet and tails together. Cut the tripe into mouth sized pieces and simmer in milk with some flour to
    thicken it. Add the finely chopped onion and leave it for about an hour. Serve seperately.

It goes down well with the footy fans. Lots of vinegar and the pigs feet and tails. This is all eaten with your hands.

Leave a comment:

• Barry
    replied

Originally posted by helen View Post
    Scampi fried rice plate lunch and a can of Mountain Dew.

MMMMMMMMMMMM That sounds nice

Leave a comment:

• helen
    replied

Scampi fried rice plate lunch and a can of Mountain Dew.

Leave a comment:

• helen
    replied

Jumbo Jack, Ultimate Cheeseburger, Mini Sirlon Burgers and a cup of Diet Coke from Jack-in-the-Box.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X