Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Thanksgiving 2007

Happy LOCAL Style Thanksgiving 2007!

I'll be bringing my famous Gandule Rice and Stuffed Aburage to Waipahuuuuu!

Wishing you all a Safe and Happy Thanksgiving!

Love and Aloha,

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
      Happy LOCAL Style Thanksgiving 2007!

I'll be bringing my famous Gandule Rice and Stuffed Aburage to Waipahuuuuu!

Wishing you all a Safe and Happy Thanksgiving!

Love and Aloha,

Auntie Lynn
      Thank you Auntie Lynn,

And a Happy Thanksgiving to you and the Ohana. By the way I ono for stuffed aburage. I go tell mommy go make, she probably goin tell me her sayin what da hell you think dis RESTAURANT
      bin dea-dunn dat.

Comment

Gobble Gobble! Tonight it's rotissori turkey. I'm outside working on a Dell (blah) and in front of me is my Stainless Steel grill turning the turkey for tonight's dinner.
        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Enjoy everybody!

Tonight, no fights and forgive any grudges being held. Just let it go already.
          Okay, so I'm talking to myself but the same advice might be helpful to someone else out there?!

Happy Thanksgiving!
          Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

I am full.

Lots of left ova's. The Red Velvet Cake (not shown) is soooo ono. Tomorrow I make chook.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Ooooh deeeeear God...I'm never gonna eat again!

Comment

The Succulent Farmer John Ham.

The Red Velvet Cake.

The Stuffed Aburage!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

So let me guess what everyone's gonna eat tomorrow for leftovers? Hmmm....

I took the Turkey bones wrapped it in a ziplock and threw it in the outside chest freezer. We goin have Chook umm...lata on, maybe on New years eve.

Man I wanted to make home made cranberry sauce but Auwe!!! No moa nuttin' in Hilo!! It seems we even ran out of turkeys the day before! Oh well I guess living on the Big Island is like a double-edged sword

Comment

I hope everyone had a GREAT Turkey day, how ever you celebrated!

It was soooooo nice to not have to cook all day today, we opted for the Buffet at the pacific beach hotel.
                    flickr

An email from God:
                    To: People of Earth
                    Date: 9/04/2007
                    Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
                    God

Comment

Ya know I was thinking the same thing for next year as I washed, put away, and washed some more. Tomorrow I tackle the grill.

Why couldn't the dish for Thanksgiving be a double quarter pounder combo meal. It could be like tradition...every 4th Thursday in November the entire US of A makes the pilgramage to a McDonald's Drive thru for that coveted combo meal...ah what the heck it's Thanksgiving...supersize me and I'd like to substitute the drink for a large Chocolate Shake!! No make that a large Vanilla Iced Coffee!!! I'll work it off tomorrow when I hit the malls on Black Friday!

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                        So let me guess what everyone's gonna eat tomorrow for leftovers? Hmmm....[...]
                        The downside of restaurant dining on Thanksgiving...

Still, it beats the hours of cooking and clean up!

Comment

But one thing though about restaurant dining is that it just doesn't have that relaxing family atmosphere.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                            But one thing though about restaurant dining is that it just doesn't have that relaxing family atmosphere.
                            Possibly. Guess it depends on what family one spent Thanksgiving with!

Comment

Hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving!

Spent the morning eating at my daughter's place....she had her fiance's family over and they did all the cooking! I just brought a rotisserie Ham with honey/molasses/nutmeg/cinnamon/clove glaze. There was so much pupus and food and we ate waaay too much! We took some food home too. Afterwards, husband and I headed over to his parents house and we had New England Clam Chowdah and desserts! A lot of restaurants up here were packed yesterday! We stopped at one to get a gift certificate for MIL birthday present and the place had a line of customers waiting outside!

We are having leftovers today...mmmmm! I don't eat turkey so I made sure I took lots of Ham!
                              Last edited by EastCoastTropics; November 22, 2007, 11:27 PM.
                              Lovena

Comment

My wife and I did the Zippy's half turkey deal thing Wednesday night so we could have some turkey and spend some time together without the nuttiness that is family. I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food (I've been less than thrilled with Zippy's as of late). but we both ate our fill, watched a movie and crashed on the couch, both victims of the turkey nap.

Thursday we slept in. Woke up in the late moring, gave a call to the family on the mainland, bragged about the weather, explained to them that, "Yes, they do have turkey in Hawaii, I told you that last year. . . etc." and then went over to my inlaws house for yet more turkey and trimmings. As well as a badass Pumpkin Crunch desert my wife concocted, Mmmmmmmmm.

Anyhow, on Friday it's back to work with turkey in hand. The next week or so will be the obligatory turkey trauma; where you eat turkey for every meal every day until it's gone and you don't want to see another turkey til next year.
                                Grab some goggles and answer to nobody.

Comment

Working...
                                X