Tropic'aina, in Punalu`u

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
    Looks like they still haven't updated their website (no menu).
    Good timing, Pomai. I just checked their website again about an hour ago myself! [/high five]

Look, they already potentially lost your will to return just from the first visit!
    Today was my second visit; it was my first visit that started this thread. Unless I'm reading you wrong. Now that I re-read that sentence, I think you meant something else.
    I had lunch there around 1:30 this afternoon, and there were about 15 to 18 customers there, not including my group. Not bad for that hour and that location. Most of the customers looked like tourists, but that's a guess. I should've taken a closer look at the cars.
    I'll go back, I'm sure, but may stick with the cheeseburger or one of the salads most of the time.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Well...,

I was gonna say how cool it was to have some competent owners in this great spot, but if the loco moco price is indicative of thier pricing, I'll stick to Uncle Bobo's BBQ in Ka'a'awa.

Ahi's totally sucked the one time I took friends there, but Paniolo Cafe was THE happening spot for that area for about a decade, rivaled only by the now defunct Sugar Bar in distant Waialua.

Tikiyaki, I think this joint needs to go a bit further with thier decor for our tiki forum crowd to get wet about it, but at least it's a start.
      https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Re: Tropic'aina, in Punalu`u

Reviving the thread. * bump *

I saw a flyer from Tropic'aina when I was out near Kahana Bay on Friday. New cooks are Uncle Manu and Auntie Pua, apparently long-time caterers in Punalu`u. They've added lots more Hawaiian style grindz to the menu and they've lowered most of the prices of the other items!
        Definitely worth looking into.

Comment

Do they sell beer?

I liked to stop there for one when I would drive circle island. Last time I was, no have.
          You can apply any terms to any situation to suit your perspective.

Comment

When I was there about three weeks ago I'm pretty sure it was still BYOB. You might want to call and confirm, since I usually have iced tea or sometimes a smoothie.

Comment

Working...
            X