This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What's for Dinner - Chapter 5

Noodles, pot roast pork and I think the person said Kung Pao Chicken with a cup of Diet Coke from U Choice In.

Comment

Cheese fries and Coors Light at Ruby Tuesday. And then some brown rice sushi and a can of Mountain Dew over a hour later.

Comment

Tuna, mac & cheese, a bottle of Diet Coke.

Comment

Shrimp Scampi served on thin spaghetti. and a Barefoot Cellars Pinot Grigio. and it was yum!
          "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
          – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Sauteed portabello, asparagus, cherry tomatoes, garlic and seasonings tossed with olive oil and some kinda pasta. I was like at first. But it was really good. My wife made it from some health food book she's been reading.

Comment

that sounds really good! I think I'm going to have to try that myself. anything with asparagus just HAS to be good!
              "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
              – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

hi tonight we had leftover meat stew on rice and tomorrow,we'll have turkeychili on rice and i'll have my usual diet soda and my mom will have her wine and it'll be good. on tuesday,we'll have leftover turkey chili on rice and not sure what's for wednesday's dinner?

Well thank's for your time=O)

Comment

Originally posted by cezanne View Post
                  Sauteed portabello, asparagus, cherry tomatoes, garlic and seasonings tossed with olive oil and some kinda pasta. I was like at first. But it was really good. My wife made it from some health food book she's been reading.
                  That sounds incredible. Is it possible for you to post the recipe?

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
                    that sounds really good! I think I'm going to have to try that myself. anything with asparagus just HAS to be good!
                    Yes I heart asparagus too!

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                    That sounds incredible. Is it possible for you to post the recipe?
                    Okay saw her notes on the counter:

4 large portabello, (no stems)
                    1 bunch fresh asparagus, (remove tough part)
                    1 pint grape tomatoes halved (but she used the cherry ones we grow out back)
                    3 Tbs olive oil
                    2 Tbs lemon juice
                    1 pound penne pasta

Seasoning:
                    1 tsp salt
                    2 tsp oregano
                    1 1/2 tsp onion powder
                    1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
                    1 tsp pepper
                    1 tsp parsley

Her notes say to brush the veggies with olive oil and grill. But I know she just sauteed them separately and combined them after she cut them into bite sized pieces. (OK the guy in me is thinking how come she didn't cut them before cooking them but I didn't go there)

Says to combine veggies with the pasta and toss with lemon juice and olive oil. Add seasoning and toss to coat.

Pretty sure she halved the recipe for the two of us. I think she threw in some minced garlic during the saute part. Took her like half an hour to make. Twas pretty good for a meatless meal.

THis is from her notes I'll ask her where she got it from to give credit where its due.

Comment

Plate lunch from Poi Bowl at the Ala Moana Food Court.

Comment

Pizza slices, pasta salad and a cup of Mountain Dew from Sbarro.

Comment

hi,last night,we had my homemade leanground hamburger and we had it with rice and we had a lettuce and frozen tomato salad only the tomato's in our salad wasnt good since it was partially frozen and for our dinner tonight,.i maybe contemplating of a turkeymeatball spaghetti or maybe a Rachael Ray type of macaroni,not sure yet?

Well thank's for your time=O)

Comment

Hillshire Farms of Little Smokies fame is now selling 8-oz. packages of pastrami. I bought a pack ($3.49) and lightly cooked it (barely above low on the range), then served it on a whacking big Kaiser roll with horseradish and mustard.
                            http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Had char sui chicken, brown rice, mac salad and a bottle of Mountain Dew at work and then a couple of hours later had an apple pie, sundae and a bottle of water from McDonalds.

Comment

hi last night we had homemade spaghetti stew on rice and tonight,we'll have leftover's and i'll have my diet soda and my mom will have her wine and it'll all be good.

well thank's for your time

Comment

Working...
                                X