This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What's for Dinner - Chapter 5

i used to have a neighbor in SFO who was Italian, with a grandmother who made gnocchi by hand. Every week I had it for dinner with homemade "gravy" as its called. She also had 2 uncles that made ricotta & mozarella cheeses. I ate really well, til she moved out!
    Last edited by anapuni808; March 26, 2010, 12:19 PM.
    "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
    – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

hi tonight we're having cornbeef with cabbage and i'll have my diet soda an my mom will possibly have her tea and we'll also have rice and maybe a lettuce and tomato salad and it'll be good.

well thank's for your time

Comment

Sushi and a bottle of Crush Pineapple from Kozo Sushi.

Comment

Grilled chicken, spicey shrimp, cole slaw, biscuit and a cup of Mountain Dew from KFC.

Comment

Originally posted by turtlegirl View Post
            Gnocci!!!??!! Awesome!! Did you make it from scratch, or buy a bag of em? I forgot how much I love gnocci! Im gonna check at Foodland later...yum!

Oh, and yeah, caesar salad without the dressing is just lettuce.
            We went to Maggiano's for dinner. No way am I good enough to cook something like that! I finished it for dinner last night.

I don't like salad dressing. Caesar salad is prepared differently than garden salad, even without the dressing on it- romaine lettuce, parmesan cheese, and some restaurants sprinkle a little bit of spice on it. There are also no other veggies. Garden salad has lots of veggies, mostly spinach and/or iceberg lettuce, and comes with cheddar. Just an observation as someone who gets a lot of no-dressing salads.

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

SG - gnocchi are simple, simple to make. I just got my new issue of Cooking Light and they have a recipe in there this month, and also keep in mind that gnocchi are very mild tasting - they're made with just potatoes & flour. Its the sauce and what you add to the dish that give it its flavor. Its on their website at www.cookinglight.com.

I understand now about the salad dressing
              Last edited by anapuni808; March 28, 2010, 12:18 PM.
              "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
              – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

BBQ Chicken mini-plate and a cup of Diet Coke from Yummy's BBQ.

Comment

Baked potatoe, beef and cheddar sandwiches and a cup of Mountain Dew from Arby's.

Comment

Steak and chicken combo and a cup of Mountain Dew from Blazin Steaks at the Ala Moana Food Court.

Comment

Kai Bi & BBQ Chicken combo plate dinner at Yummy's BBQ with a cup of Diet Coke.

Comment

Sandwiches and a fruit punch from McDonalds.

Comment

My landlord made Shish kabobs with fresh veggies, london broil in a teri sauce. He brought me a plate with 2 sticks (about 12 inches each of goodness) plus salad, rice & mac salad. It was very nice of them to share and it was REALLY good!
                          – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Sushi and a bottle of Pineapple Crush from Kozo Sushi.

Comment

hi today for our dinner,we'lll have leftover homemade chili i made yesterday which was last night's dinner and i had my diet soda and my mom had her wine and tonight we'll have the same.

not sure what's for tomorrow's dinner?

Well thank's for your time

Comment

I'm not sure what to cook tonight...I am inviting two of my kid's friends over for the weekend. Maybe we'll just do the Pizza Hut thing
                                Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Working...
                                X