Romantic restaurant?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Romantic restaurant?

Ok, I fed MAMA breakfast but I didn't eat cause I kept thinking about Helena's. Went to the doctors and after went straight to Helena's! We know Helen for over 25 yrs...as fellow resturant owners. Was happy to see and eat their onolicious Hawaiian Kaukau!
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

BluWater grill Hawaii Kai is one of my favorites. It could pass easily as a romantic restaurant if you choose a lanai table towards sunset time.

Sad to see some of my fave waitresses leave. The food is very good. Wendy (or is it Tanya? I forget) & William do a fabulous job. Current waitstaff is pretty good, although for the average price of dinner for two at $80.00, sans tip, I would really hope for less modern casual waitperson habits.
      For a fairly upscale restaurant, we see the usual Denny's style serving trademarks:
      verboten phrases such as:
      "No problem"
      "still working on that?"
      and others equally grating...
      and the usual is seen sometimes, just like too many restaurants in this modern age;
      as soon as you see your dinner arrive, you see the cheerful countenance, attentive mood and attitude disappear from the waitress; she becomes just a bit surly and just as scarce; can't get another drink to save my life, (and that's a restaurant no-no! Much of the profit in this industry is realised at the bar) and we must flag her down to get the check. It may be just a quirk of mine, but I really feel you shouldn't have to work to take care of the check. They should be happy to take our money, and show it.

Oh... and another visit, we sat and watched as our plates of food were cooling, waiting for the waitstaff to grab and whisk them to our table a couple yards away. The seemingly long, close to 5 minute wait almost justified me in taking the trip myself, to assuage the quickly onsetting hunger, and prospect of digging into a lukewarm meal.

But all in all, it's a worthwhile visit.
      Last edited by kimo55; December 31, 2004, 09:43 AM.

Comment

BluWater Grill might fit the bill perfectly on the "atmosphere" front. But from what I've heard (and I'm sure glossyp will expand on this), the food doesn't match the hype, or the price.

If you're looking to spend the "meal" simply holding hands and gazing longingly into each other's eyes, of course, the setting is probably all you need to worry about.
        Last edited by pzarquon; December 31, 2004, 10:01 AM. Reason: Fix link!

Comment

great stuff...

That Nadine Kam certainly has a blue collar perspective on things:

"Long's drugs is the main destination at the Hawaii kai shopping center..."

"There's a lotta old money there but most working stiffs can't afford the high end restaurants in the area..."
          Last edited by kimo55; December 31, 2004, 11:37 AM.

Comment

Just dropping in to check on the current state of recommendations (lots of good stuff, thanks!) and to wish a Happy New Year to all - may we all be healthy, happy, prosperous and enjoy lots of great food in 2005!

Comment

Working...
            X