Breast milk cheese

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breast milk cheese

Maybe an acquired taste, but it's supposedly quite sweet - http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/video?id=7324361
    Here's his blog with plenty of flat-chested recipes - http://www.danielangerer.com/ I was really disappointed with there not being a picture of Mrs. Overabundance...
    Straight to the recipe - http://planetgreen.discovery.com/foo...se-recipe.html
    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Re: Breast milk cheese

I saw a guy I know walking into Foodland touchng his forehead, crossing his chest with his hand, and then dropping his hand in front of his body. I asked him what he was doing. He said that he used hand gestures to remember his grocery list of a head of lettuce, 2 quarts of milk, and a Portuguese sausage.

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
      I saw a guy I know walking into Foodland touchng his forehead, crossing his chest with his hand, and then dropping his hand in front of his body. I asked him what he was doing. He said that he used hand gestures to remember his grocery list of a head of lettuce, 2 quarts of milk, and a Portuguese sausage.
      I guess I better take Vienna sausage off my grocery list
      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Ron, dont be ickh. Do we need this thread? Its ridiculous. Moderators?
        ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

Why's it ick?

'Cause it's human based instead of milk from ta-tahs that got drug around in the dirt and poo?

Think about it...

Comment

Know what? I was in Costa Rica for over a month, and I never bought a bag of what I would call *goat tit cheese*. Just went without cheese.

Anyway, I stand by my opinion that this thread is ick.
            ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

Originally posted by Peshkwe View Post
              Why's it ick?

'Cause it's human based instead of milk from ta-tahs that got drug around in the dirt and poo?

Think about it...
              Good point.

It's ironic that some find the use of dairy products made from natural breast milk to be repulsive.... but at the same time, be perfectly okay with consuming products made with the milk of hormone-injected cows.
              This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by turtlegirl View Post
                Know what? I was in Costa Rica for over a month, and I never bought a bag of what I would call *goat tit cheese*. Just went without cheese.

Anyway, I stand by my opinion that this thread is ick.
                Ahhh...so it's a personal thing, if it doesn't come from a cow it's ick. 'Tis cool. No reason to go hollah for the mods with a lock and chain tho.

Personally I think fettah cheese is great, not sure as I'd like human cheese. I'm not real fond of sweet or dessert cheeses.

Comment

I would think that human breast milk is too low in fat content to make any decent cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                    I would think that human breast milk is too low in fat content to make any decent cheese.
                    Looking at the recipe, I'm guessing you're probably right since it does call for about an equal part animal milk.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                      The composition of breast milk fluctuates daily depending on what the mom eats but it averages about 4.5% fat. Don't know if that's too low a fat percentage to make cheese. Isn't whole cow's milk about 4% fat?

Comment

I prefer 2%

Comment

From Wiki it says this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milk

* Human milk contains, on average, 1.1% protein, 4.2% fat, 7.0% lactose (a sugar), and supplies 72 kcal of energy per 100 grams.

* Cow's milk contains, on average, 3.4% protein, 3.6% fat, and 4.6% lactose, 0.7% minerals[31] and supplies 66 kcal of energy per 100 grams. See also Nutritional value further on.

I went and looked up the chemistry of cheese making and it looks like the amount of protein is really important:

http://everyday-chemistry.suite101.c...-cheese-making

Cheese making is essentially the process by which water, lactose and other minerals are removed from milk to produce a concentrate of protein and fat.

With human milk proteins at 1.1% and cheese needing proteins, it'd probably be a fail without the added animal milk.

Comment

It's the process that's more fun

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                              It's the process that's more fun
                              With the brood you have? No doubt!

Comment

Working...
                              X