X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pzarquon
    replied
    Re: Bubble Tea

A friend of mine has helped build some loyalty to Bee's in the Food Court at 99 Ranch Market in Mapunapuna. Of course, you could always make your own!

Leave a comment:

• EnjoyDaRideTRD
    replied

I enjoy Taro flavor, maybe not real tao but take ono.

Leave a comment:

• Kittrick
    replied

My favourite place for the bubble teas is Cafe Brew's kiosk at Daiei on Kaheka. My wife and I only order the #19, a mocha shake with whip cream on top and the tapioca balls on the bottom....only place in town I know of that has a mocha shake bubble tea. YUM!

Leave a comment:

• alohabear
    replied

Anyone know where I can try it on the Big Island( I know we so country here,yeah?)?

Leave a comment:

• Sayuri
    replied

My favorite place for Boba drinks is Boba loca at University square. I have tried a few of the favored drinks as well as the Boba milk tea. The other day I tried the iced coffee Boba and my daughter had a chocolate shake with Boba, she keeps telling me she wants to go there again.
    http://www.boba-loca.com/

Leave a comment:

• Glen Miyashiro
    replied

One problem with bubble tea getting so common is poor quality control. I had a bad one the other day from a Ba-Le sandwich shop -- all the tapioca pearls were cemented together in a big brown gloopy mass. I tried to suck pearls up through my straw, and I sucked so hard I collapsed the straw cuz they were all stuck. I had to poke and stir quite a bit before they eventually separated.

Leave a comment:

• Pikake
    replied

Originally posted by Miulang
    There's also a good bubble tea place in the Great Wall Mall in Kent (have you been there yet Pikake? They also have a huuuuge 99 Ranch Store in there and Imperial Garden which has fantasic dim sum).
    I tried the one at the food court and didn't like it. I didn't know those other places existed. Bumbai I go check um out.Thank you!

Those bigger diameter straws are good for sucking up the tapioca balls, but if you aren't careful, you might swallow da buggahs before you have a chance to chew on them (cough cough).
    Miulang
    Almost choke you mean <--and that's what I looked like when it happened.

Leave a comment:

• tutusue
    replied

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
    you are kidding....right?

If this is the case... I think you get your percentages wrong...I think it's more like...99.5% you spend at home... the rest anywhere that doesn't serve Bubble Teas (j/k)

If your not kidding... may I suggest you try one somewhere... I never thought I would enjoy them... however, I didn't find them as repulsive as I thought I might and my wife loves them.
    Serious...no joke! I've never heard of bubble tea. And I wish I could say I spend that much time at home, but no such luck! I'd guess it's 30% home and 69.5% Kakaako (work)!

But, yah, if I see an opportunity to try one, I will. I'll have to check the Room Service in Paradise menu!

Leave a comment:

• CranBeree
    replied

i love this drink although i don't like the bubble things. reminds me of booger snots

Leave a comment:

• damontucker
    replied

Originally posted by tutusue
    Ah jeez...I feel so completely out of it. I've never even heard of the stuff. Is that a result of spending 99.5% of my time in Kakaako and Makaha?
    you are kidding....right?

If this is the case... I think you get your percentages wrong...I think it's more like...99.5% you spend at home... the rest anywhere that doesn't serve Bubble Teas (j/k)

If your not kidding... may I suggest you try one somewhere... I never thought I would enjoy them... however, I didn't find them as repulsive as I thought I might and my wife loves them.
    Last edited by damontucker; January 25, 2006, 05:55 PM. Reason: re-worded for pc and typo

Leave a comment:

• Miulang
    replied

Originally posted by Pikake
    Boba tea...YUM! I think it's okay...there's only one place I'd buy it and that's at Alderwood Mall's Pochi Tea Station. I love their taro flavor smoothie. My kids are fans too(mostly for the jumbo tapioca).
    Weird though...I knew of this drink since I've been in Hawaii. I'm not too sure how long it's been here in Seattle but it's been a craze and very popular with the teens and the haole people.
    It's been around for at least the last 5 or 6 years up here in Seattle. We sometimes get bubble tea from this store in the International District (cute because they keep the bubble tea sanitized by sealing a plastic film over the top of the cup and you have to use the straw which has a pointy end to pierce through the plastic). There's a fairly new bubble tea place across from Uwajimaya and there's one in the Uwajimaya food court, too. There's also a good bubble tea place in the Great Wall Mall in Kent (have you been there yet Pikake? They also have a huuuuge 99 Ranch Store in there and Imperial Garden which has fantasic dim sum).

Those bigger diameter straws are good for sucking up the tapioca balls, but if you aren't careful, you might swallow da buggahs before you have a chance to chew on them (cough cough).

Miulang

Leave a comment:

• tutusue
    replied

Ah jeez...I feel so completely out of it. I've never even heard of the stuff. Is that a result of spending 99.5% of my time in Kakaako and Makaha?
    Last edited by tutusue; January 25, 2006, 04:57 PM. Reason: damn typos!

Leave a comment:

• Pikake
    replied

Boba tea...YUM! I think it's okay...there's only one place I'd buy it and that's at Alderwood Mall's Pochi Tea Station. I love their taro flavor smoothie. My kids are fans too(mostly for the jumbo tapioca).
    Weird though...I knew of this drink since I've been in Hawaii. I'm not too sure how long it's been here in Seattle but it's been a craze and very popular with the teens and the haole people.

Leave a comment:

• poi cocktail :)
    replied

how about adding the coconut "crystals" too it's kinda' like have a cool drink and chewing sour bubblegum at the same time. all I have to add is thankfully those mega straws weren't around when we was kids. just imagine the spitball wars!

Leave a comment:

• Ailina
    replied

I can testify hordes of people drink it in Texas. A lot of people in the hula network know where to get it in downtown Houston. Of course, we've never had it here in Louisiana (that I know of), but it's an endeavor. The question of the year: "Have you had Bubble Tea???"

Not yet. But I will.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X