Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well duh?!

Originally posted by matapule View Post
    Mexican hotdogs are grilled with wrapped bacon. Best hotdogs in the world!
    Anything wrapped in bacon is going to be at least good!

Your post has me up for some serious googling!
    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

• Re: Hawaii's Best Hamburger? Where?

mmmmmm....bacon....cholesterol city
      stay forever young

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
        Tutu gonna get some whack whacks!
        It'll be an honor!

Comment

In the interests of doing more research , I enjoyed my lunch today as a guest at Outrigger Canoe Club. I of course ordered the Black Angus Burger. It's 1/2 lb of ground Black Angus beef, crisp bacon, sauteed mushrooms, cheese (if you want it), lettuce & tomato. The side choices are french fries (the thick kind), cole slaw or potato salad. and a big dill pickle spear on the side.

Once again, I am thoroughly convinced that for myself, the best burger is this one. It's always cooked exactly as I ask and the setting is simply gorgeous! Of course, I have to go with a member of the club, but that just makes it more of a treat.

I was a very happy camper after lunch today!
          "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
          – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

• Thank Heaven for google, even tho they spy on us...

A search rewarded me with a bunch of ways to cook up skirts, bacon dogs, arrechera, and other goodies!

BTW, try the salmon belly poki at Tamashiro's!
            https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

The Food Network (magazine) proclaimed Hukilau Cafe's loco moco as the best burger in Hawaii. I don't know about you, but I don't consider loco moco as burger.

From the Advertiser; from Food Netowork.

By the way, I never heard of Hukilau Cafe. Anyone been there? Do they have real burgers (in addition to loco moco)?

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
                [...]But, the Elks Club does have good music to go along with their food so that is a plus for them.
                Ditto for the Outrigger...a strolling Hawaiian trio during dinner!
                Originally posted by D'Alani View Post
                Costco has Flap Steak,[...]
                Bought some today...$4.99/lb. I've googled cooking instructions and recipes but am interested in how you cook a flap steak, D'Alani.

As an aside...made my first trek to Costco Kapolei today. Loved it! Not jammed, plenny parking, easy-sneezy!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                  Ditto for the Outrigger...a strolling Hawaiian trio during dinner!

Bought some today...$4.99/lb. I've googled cooking instructions and recipes but am interested in how you cook a flap steak, D'Alani.

As an aside...made my first trek to Costco Kapolei today. Loved it! Not jammed, plenny parking, easy-sneezy!
                  I usually marinate it and grill it much like I would a tri tip or you mighjt try cutting into thin slices or bite size pieces then marinate it and pan fry. The latter will turn out like how most drive-in restaurants serve their teriyaki steaks.

Comment

Had our first burgers at The Counter for Mother's Day. Figured why not splurge and try something new. Not bad at all, but not exactly a bargain. The 1/3 lb. was more than enough food, and my dad and stepmom both split a 2/3 lb. burger for a complete meal. What I liked most, apart from those "sweet potato" fries, were the fact that you can actually get pink or even bloody burgers. Many restaurants are scared of "rare," but I like it.

Some photos:
                    http://www.flickr.com/photos/hawaii/...7618047933544/

Comment

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/daily...172944929.html

The glue that keeps the burgers together while having it your way.

Comment

At home, I sometimes have TGIF cheeseburger sliders, whose virtue is convenience rather than taste -- keep in the freezer, then 50 seconds in the microwave. Sometimes Safeway has them priced 2 for 1. Here is a (not very favorable) review: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiAIl6Fb-JA. I substitute a slice of onion for the sweet sauce that comes with.
                        Greg

Comment

Fast-food wise, it's Wendy's.

Custom burghers? I don't know.
                          Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
                          ~ ~
                          Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
                          Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
                          Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

http://shine.yahoo.com/shine-food/wo...195200737.html

Fresh?

Comment

To me , fresh means just picked.

If an eatery has a garden in a nice patio

the cherry flowers are soothing

Comment

The most scrumptious burgers are from ones own grill.
                                Nothing compares to the smell of some nice home cooked burgers.

Comment

Working...
                                X