No announcement yet.

How you like your foods? (heat wise)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How you like your foods? (heat wise)

Horseradish makes my sinuses clear, of course too much of it can be really bad for me. As far Taco Bell, normally I don't take the sauce packets to put on the stuff I buy from them.

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
      I need it to make me cry, buck back and forth, make my nose run and my ears run too.
      Flail my head side to side. Gasp for breath. grab all cloth napkins from surrounding tables and wipe my face. Toss the napkins in the big Mexican vase middle of the room. Circle the whole room three times in four seconds.
      (That is my usual day at Compadres after putting a few drops of "Satan's Blood Hot Sauce" on my tamale.)

...enuff of an endorphin rush to power a small city for a week.

http://www.firegirl.com/hs1155sb.html

Satan's Blood...I'll have to look for that the next time I'm at Campadre's. It sounds absolutely delectable!

Have you tried the Hula Girl hot sauce? I mentioned it because it won taste awards "Best In Show" at the 2003 Zest Fest and was 2004 Fiery Food Challenge winner. It isn't maybe as hot as some, but I have a partiality for the Habanero Peppers-Red Ripened Jalapeno Peppers-Chipotle combination in there. I got mine on the Big Island, but I'm sure they have it at It's Chili in Hawaii too.

Comment

Originally posted by AbsolutChaos
        Satan's Blood...I'll have to look for that the next time I'm at Campadre's. It sounds absolutely delectable!

it's da bomb!

Have you tried the Hula Girl hot sauce?

good too. had it at compa's.
        http://store1.yimg.com/I/hotsauceworld_1850_10019984

don't usually lean toward da kine wit fruit and li dat. (dass like forcing me to watch a chick flik) I want my hot sauces as abrasively, near-death, I-saw-god, life-changing as it can be.
        I want a chain saw, barb wire, sandpaper, active volcanoe down the gullett level hot sauce experience...

hulagirl is also at chile in hawaii king st.
        nice feller runs that. I have been going there long time. knew them both. sad day when his partner passed on.
        They have a good selection of hot sauces. lotta local make kine stuffs.
        He is very amenable to sampling.
        he has good selection of tamale. also go to the market of the people on beretania.

Comment

in our filipino house in da fridge we always have a jar of sili labuyo which is like the hawaiian chili pepper in a pickled brine. its jus right to eat it like pickles one at a time with lechon kawali or roast pork!! yum!!

all it is:

water
          apple cider vinegar
          crushed garlic
          peppercorns
          bay leaves
          black pepper
          hawaiian salt
          shoyu
          msg
          patis
          hawaiian chilis

Reggie aka pinakboy
          Reggie's Kaukau Time! blog
          Raw Eats Veggie Videos
          Recipe Tube TV!
          Deep Fried Recipes TV!

checkem out!!

Comment

MSG!

aaaaaghh!
            ya talk about obesity and unhealthy eating?
            staty far away from that poison!

http://www.rense.com/general52/msg.htm

http://www.cityweekend.com.cn/en/bei...25/S1103600582

Comment

lol cannot help imma msg junkie!! i can deal w/o da rice but msg in cooking?? i feel deprived of dat msg rush if no moa! LOL
              Reggie aka pinakboy
              Reggie's Kaukau Time! blog
              Raw Eats Veggie Videos
              Recipe Tube TV!
              Deep Fried Recipes TV!

checkem out!!

Comment

Originally posted by pinakboy
                lol cannot help imma msg junkie!! i can deal w/o da rice but msg in cooking?? i feel deprived of dat msg rush if no moa! LOL
                whoa. you steh happy aboudit, I will lay flowers on yer grave, while saying "boy went happy".

hey;
                I hear 'ice' gives a rush too.

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
                  good too. had it at compa's.
                  http://store1.yimg.com/I/hotsauceworld_1850_10019984

don't usually lean toward da kine wit fruit and li dat. (dass like forcing me to watch a chick flik) I want my hot sauces as abrasively, near-death, I-saw-god, life-changing as it can be.
                  I want a chain saw, barb wire, sandpaper, active volcanoe down the gullett level hot sauce experience...

hulagirl is also at chile in hawaii king st.
                  nice feller runs that. I have been going there long time. knew them both. sad day when his partner passed on.
                  They have a good selection of hot sauces. lotta local make kine stuffs.
                  He is very amenable to sampling.
                  he has good selection of tamale. also go to the market of the people on beretania.
                  I don't think Hula Girl has any fruit in it--unless you could the chilis themselves! You may be thinking of those other Hawaiian hot sauces...those tend to have the mango and stuff in them...this one just has the habanero, chipotle, jalapeno, and salt and vinegar. That's it. Yummy...think I have some now...it's making me hungry.

Comment

Helen said: "As far Taco Bell, normally I don't take the sauce packets to put on the stuff I buy from them."

I always put two packets of the FIRE sauce on each taco.

Comment

Originally posted by Albert
                      Oh, give me Indian Vindaloo Curry any time. I don't much care for these bland Japanese and Vietnamese versions.

Hooo, yeah, that's the stuff! If it doesn't make your nose run and your eyes water, it's not hot enough!

I may be moving to Thailand in the next year or so so it's good I already like spicy stuff...

Plus I am going to Sichuan(Szechuan) in 5 weeks and can't wait to try the legendary food!

BTW I seem to have read somewhere(can't remember) that the best thing to cool down a too-hot dish is to eat chocolate afterwards-has anyone ever tried that? I wonder if that's how mole sauce developed-some cook threw together every type of chile pepper imaginable(a recipe I have calls for 5 different types) and then when the sauce was too hot he thought, maybe some chocolate?, tasted it, hmm, not bad!!!
                      Last edited by AuntieNellieKulolo; July 6, 2005, 08:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by AuntieNellieKulolo
                        BTW I seem to have read somewhere(can't remember) that the best thing to cool down a too-hot dish is to eat chocolate afterwards-has anyone ever tried that? I wonder if that's how mole sauce developed-some cook threw together every type of chile pepper imaginable(a recipe I have calls for 5 different types) and then when the sauce was too hot he thought, maybe some chocolate?, tasted it, hmm, not bad!!!
                        I think it's because the hot stuff is absorbed by the fats in the chocolate. For the same reason, if you're trying to cool the burn it's better to drink milk rather than water or beer. Of course, that sort of defeats the purpose of eating the hot stuff in the first place...

Comment

I like spicy food, but I don't go out of my way to experience "hot for hot's sake." I suppose some folks go out in search of the hottest of the hot the same way other folks need to climb the tallest mountain, but frankly, I'd rather eat something because it tastes good, not because it sets a record on the Scoville scale.

Comment

Working...
                          X