Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Remember Pnut butter Ding Dongs

Originally posted by Miulang

P.S. Maybe one pineapple, guava or lilikoi filled DingDong or Twinkie would be a good local treat! I mean, already get dakine pineapple, guava and lilikoi filled malasadas...
    The haupia-filled malasadas at Liliha Bakery is ono too! Eh Miulang, since you such one expert chef, why no go try experiment wit making your own versions of haupia-custard-cocoa-filled ding dongs? Dem buggahs would even be better for FEDEX-ing too!

Comment

Originally posted by lurkah
      The haupia-filled malasadas at Liliha Bakery is ono too! Eh Miulang, since you such one expert chef, why no go try experiment wit making your own versions of haupia-custard-cocoa-filled ding dongs? Dem buggahs would even be better for FEDEX-ing too!
      Hmmm...I was just tinking dakine, too. I get one cloned recipe for Twinkies, so I going try make 'em and fill wit maybe lilikoi or chocolate haupia cream filling (I tink maybe I get one cloned recipe for Ding Dongs too). Wit dakine fruit filled pastries, I tink betta foa use one "neutral" kine flava like da Twinkie...da chocolate from da Ding Dongs might be kinda ovakill <urp>

Miulang
      "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Hey Lavagirl, So glad at least one person remembers the Peanut Butter Ding Dong. I was in Pennsylvania in mid- 70's so are you sure you ate them in Hawaii ??? If nobody else remembers I might of goofed

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
          Hmmm...I was just tinking dakine, too. I get one cloned recipe for Twinkies, so I going try make 'em and fill wit maybe lilikoi or chocolate haupia cream filling (I tink maybe I get one cloned recipe for Ding Dongs too). Wit dakine fruit filled pastries, I tink betta foa use one "neutral" kine flava like da Twinkie...da chocolate from da Ding Dongs might be kinda ovakill <urp>

Miulang

I'll be your first customer!!!! Yeah Hostess products do have such a long shelf life they have to list it in half lifes.

I remember when I was keiki time we went to that heiau up above Pupukea and my friend David thru his red coconut filled hostess sno balls onto it.

I told him das no good to do dat, but he shrugged his shoulders as the school bus left.

He was out sick for the rest of the week with stomach pains. Serves him right to desecrate one heiau.
          Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by DeLene-Aiea81
            Hey Lavagirl, So glad at least one person remembers the Peanut Butter Ding Dong. I was in Pennsylvania in mid- 70's so are you sure you ate them in Hawaii ??? If nobody else remembers I might of goofed

No, no, no! I grew up eating them. Graduated from Holy Cross in Delran, NJ in 1976. Definitely ate my peanut butter Ding Dongs (and butter scotch krimpets) while in NJ, LOL!
            Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by alohabear
              I remember banana twinkies....they were pretty good

yah i rememba banana twinkies too!!
              Reggie aka pinakboy
              Reggie's Kaukau Time! blog
              Raw Eats Veggie Videos
              Recipe Tube TV!
              Deep Fried Recipes TV!

checkem out!!