Leong's Closing Friday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Leong's Closing Friday

Don't forget Highway Inn in Waipahu. Their Hawaiian Food is Fantastic... if you're out that way.
    Whoa, Mista Buss Driva, eh, you can stop the buss o wat?

Comment

I was ono foa Na'au pua, lomi aku or ahi, poi and tripe from Leong's...traffic was bad on N. King Street, lunch time and I opted for Diners. Roast Turkey Day with Mashed Potato. I'm not full...still hungry for the NA'AU PUA!

Auntie Lynn
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine

traffic was bad on N. King Street
        I know that Leong's is on Owen St. towards da mauka-Ewa corner of da old Kalihi Shopping Center where Foodland is or was, and I think had one American Savings & Loan up in that corner too. I think I ate at Leong's only one time many years ago because parking there was such a hassle. Hopefully they'll open up again in a better location after they come back from vacation. We can never have too many Hawaiian kaukau places to eat!

Comment

I guess it would be the starting of N. King Street and Owen Street. I usually park in the parking lot right next to the closed down Savings and Loan Building. The whole area looks like a ghost town! The C&C HandiVans parking and main office is there too. Across the street use to be a nightclub many years back. Then Yummy's Korean Foods which also folded. Maybe the whole area is in for a change of some sort...they got all the small businesses out to look that way!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
            I guess it would be the starting of N. King Street and Owen Street. I usually park in the parking lot right next to the closed down Savings and Loan Building. The whole area looks like a ghost town! The C&C HandiVans parking and main office is there too. Across the street use to be a nightclub many years back. Then Yummy's Korean Foods which also folded. Maybe the whole area is in for a change of some sort...they got all the small businesses out to look that way!
            Oh Aunty, you didn't know? New City Nissan is going to be moving out of their Ala Moana Boulevard location and they're going to set up at the Kalihi Shopping Center property. Not sure exactly when it's going to happen, but that's the plan.

Comment

Originally posted by Moto
              Don't forget Highway Inn in Waipahu. Their Hawaiian Food is Fantastic... if you're out that way.
              Second this one - open since 1947 and serving especially good lau lau. Here's our review done last month. Highway Inn

Comment

Originally posted by glossyp

Second this one - open since 1947 and serving especially good lau lau. Here's our review done last month. Highway Inn
                Wow, those dishes look so ono! I've heard about them before, but have never been there, and didn't know they also have a seafood market right next door. Gotta add this one to my list.

Comment

Originally posted by Moto
                  Gotta also check out Elmer Guzman, formerly with Sam Choy's, who opened Poke Stop a little while back. I heard just about everything there is winnahs... if you're out that way.

And now I bothered to read all the way at the bottom of the page, and saw what Glen wrote. My bad.

There's also Yama's Fishmarket, on Young Street in Moiliili.

Oh, and here's the Star-Bulletin's version, including lots of pictures.
                  Last edited by Palolo Joe; August 24, 2005, 08:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro
                    Oh Aunty, you didn't know? New City Nissan is going to be moving out of their Ala Moana Boulevard location and they're going to set up at the Kalihi Shopping Center property. Not sure exactly when it's going to happen, but that's the plan.
                    Hey Glen, if Palolo Joe didn't mention reading this...I wouldn't have known!!!! So across Diners there's a new car lot. A future one going be at the Kalihi Shopping Center property. With the gas prices going up the way it is...people not going buy cars pretty soon...they going buy scooters!

Das Sad!

Comment

Hey I live in Kalihi, hence the name, I cant understand why you put up car lots all over the place, the one just opened across from Diners as mentioned as well as the new one coming at the Kalihi Shopping Center. I can see used car lots maybe, but who in Kalihi can afford a new car!?

Anyways its a construction nightmare all along King Street from Houghtailing I think until after the canal. All the sidewalks and bus stops are torn up, not sure why unless it has something to do with the compliance that all sidewalk corners must be fit for disable/handicaped people.

I like that they left the old Kalihi Bowling Pin up at the Kalihi Shopping Center, but I guess that will be torn down along with everything else. The old abandoned Kings Drive Inn is across the street as well.

Oh and I give a plug to Kalihi Diners because they are open 24 hours (breakfast too!!) and you now can sit inside the restaurant in air conditioning!!

Isnt there another Hawaiian food restaurant near Kalihi Shoping Center, west-end just before the freeway convergence bridge and such?

KalihiBoy

Comment

Originally posted by Kalihiboy
                        Hey I live in Kalihi, hence the name, I cant understand why you put up car lots all over the place, the one just opened across from Diners as mentioned as well as the new one coming at the Kalihi Shopping Center. I can see used car lots maybe, but who in Kalihi can afford a new car!?

Anyways its a construction nightmare all along King Street from Houghtailing I think until after the canal. All the sidewalks and bus stops are torn up, not sure why unless it has something to do with the compliance that all sidewalk corners must be fit for disable/handicaped people.

I like that they left the old Kalihi Bowling Pin up at the Kalihi Shopping Center, but I guess that will be torn down along with everything else. The old abandoned Kings Drive Inn is across the street as well.

Oh and I give a plug to Kalihi Diners because they are open 24 hours (breakfast too!!) and you now can sit inside the restaurant in air conditioning!!

Isnt there another Hawaiian food restaurant near Kalihi Shoping Center, west-end just before the freeway convergence bridge and such?

KalihiBoy
                        That would be the topic we're talking about...Leong's! The traffic was terrible as I drove on N. King Street just past Hikina Lane till after Hawaiian Tel Credit Union. In front of Diners, construction going on too. Had their Roast Turkey (MWF).

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Another Hawaiian Food Resturant

Taro Patch was located in the Aiea Shopping Center now located in 99 Ranch.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by Kalihiboy
                            Judging from what I see on the road, lots of people. Just cuz they live Kalihi doesn't mean they no mo kālā.

Actually it's because HCDA wants the car lots out of Kaka‘ako... and they gotta go somewhere. Kalihi is still in town, and it's probably got the lowest lease rents.

Yeah, that's been going on for a while now -- we talked about it in this thread. So they're finally getting around to doing Kalihi, huh?
                            Last edited by Glen Miyashiro; August 25, 2005, 09:25 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X