This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What's For Dinner - Chapter 1

Plate lunch from Kelly's Cajun at Daiei and leftover salad stuff.

Might munch on some strawberries later on tonight.

Comment

Teri burger, fries, and Sprite from Spot's. Had dessert too, that fruit and walnut salad from McDonald's since mom wanted ice cream. The candied walnuts are kind of gross but apples + yogurt is pretty nice. I just ate the grapes by themselves.
      myspace | facebook | puppy moonwalk

Comment

k.mog? what's that pic? looks like one of those brainless dimwit blonde dumb characters in "The Time Machine"
        The Eloi!
        sorry. but hey. just like it!
        I like that movie too.
        Last edited by kimo55; August 5, 2006, 12:39 AM.

Comment

I was confined in a hospital, so my dinner prior to discharge was:

sliced turkey w/gravy, zucchini sauteed in water, one scoop white rice, skim milk, banana, vanilla pudding (made with skim milk). For hospital food, it wasn't bad at all. Condiments were black pepper and no-salt herb mixture.

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
            k.mog? what's that pic? looks like one of those brainless dimwit blonde dumb characters in "The Time Machine"
            sorry. but hey. just like it!
            I like that movie too.
            Heh, it's okay. She's a character from the video game Final Fantasy XII. Her name is Penelo, surprisingly she's not at all dimwitted though her character would normally be the "cutesy, goofball girl" that all the installments seem to have. She's fairly levelheaded. She's a dancer (thus her pose in my profile pic) but her main skills in the game are martial arts and archery so she can take care of herself when she needs to.

Comment

RE: Avatar
              Originally posted by kupomog
              She's a character from the video game >>--->> her main skills in the game are martial arts and archery so she can take care of herself when she needs to.
              My challengers of choice in fighter games such as Tekken or Soul Calibur (I'm not one for 1st person shooter/platform types) are always the ladies. Mostly because I like their high-pitched Nihongin accent. It so sexy in a dominant and cocky kind of way. Know what I mean? lol

As for dinner last night, I starved myself as punishment for eating that rather high cholesterol/calorie garlic "sauced" hot dog for lunch.

Speakin' of Nihongin, I'm thinkin' Japanese food such as Shabu Shabu for dinner tonight. Read about a great new place on S. King St.. Forgot the name.
              sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by oceanpacific
                I was confined in a hospital, so my dinner prior to discharge was:

sliced turkey w/gravy, zucchini sauteed in water, one scoop white rice, skim milk, banana, vanilla pudding (made with skim milk). For hospital food, it wasn't bad at all. Condiments were black pepper and no-salt herb mixture.
                Lately, I've been a frequent visitor for a relative at Kaiser Moanalua, and I gotta' say, their "hospital food" is quite tasty! The patient (as is usually the case) doesn't have much of an appetite, so we end up eating their food. I just bring a "care package" of Hawaiian Salt and it's all good!

The other night it was Teriyaki steak with (canned) sliced carrots & peas and fresh grapes. Love it in a cafeteria-kind-of-way.

What's the deal with $3 parking (1st 3 hrs) though? The HMO should cover that.
                sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Gosh OP, hope you're okay!
                  ... and Pomai -- good wishes to your -- friend/loved one/person you were visiting -- at Kaiser!

I had nothing defrosted and ready to cook, didn't want to take the time to bake anything, didn't have cabbage, chop suey mix or even canned baby corn with which to make stir-fry.

My culinary muse had apparently taken the night off -- so I turned to one of my two Spam cookbooks and just settled on sato-shoyu Spam, tofu slabs cooked the same way ... and soba noodles with tsuyu dipping sauce.

Not exactly the most nutritious thing the family has eaten this week, but hey, it was late and we were all hungry.
                  I know a lot less than what there is to be known.

Comment

I'm resting comfortably at home after a real scare in the very early A.M. hours Friday morning. My neighbors are probably wondering what the hell was going on with the fire truck and ambulance in front of my house.

I'm racking my brain regarding what's for dinner tonight as I'm on a no-salt diet. Perhaps a roast beef sandwich with lettuce, tomato, and Dijon mustard, but no mayo or salt. Or, a chef's salad with lo-cal Italian dressing as I also have ham, turkey, and mushrooms.

Comment

Pineapple and cheese burger at Kui'Aina and a soda.

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai
                        My challengers of choice in fighter games such as Tekken or Soul Calibur (I'm not one for 1st person shooter/platform types) are always the ladies. Mostly because I like their high-pitched Nihongin accent. It so sexy in a dominant and cocky kind of way. Know what I mean? lol
                        Haha, I'm highly attached to playing girls in said fighting games, even the real stereotypical school girls and overly sexy chicks, mostly 'cause I'm a girl and I always opt to play the females first if I can. I don't think I've ever played anyone but Chun Li in SF and Ling Xiaoyu in Tekken.

Speaking of girls, my cousin's daughter's b-day party was today so I had lotsa good stuff for lunch and dessert (which was my dinner, also). Ate orange chicken, teriyaki chicken (mmm Man Nani), dinner franks, hamburger curry, mac salad, hijiki rice (the only time mom will get me to eat clam), fried noodles, and some baby carrots and cucumbers. It sounds like a lot but I only took a little of each, I don't eat too much at parties.

For dessert I had a German chocolate cupcake with chantilly frosting, apple crisp, a really tasty haupia cake my aunt made, and some traditional rainbow jello that she also made. Well, she made EVERYTHING...except the hijiki rice, that was my mom. Either way it all tasted great.

Comment

saimin *sigh*

My husband hates me. "What? You like eat saimin again?!"
                          MEMRI TV:Middle East Media Research Institute
                          Jihad Watch
                          Amil Imani's Website

Comment

Shake -N- Bake BBQ Chicken, Corn on The Cob, and of course rice(from the kitchem of muah!).....and a bottle of Pepsi Twist
                            Live for today....tommorow is never promised

Comment

Plate lunch from Kelly's Cajun at Daiei.

Comment

I think I ate too much at Jack-in-the-Box. Ultimate Cheeseburger, Jumbo Jack, egg rolls, curly fries and Diet Coke.

Comment

Working...
                                X